GDT: DEVILS @ ISLANDERS 7:00PM TV FSNY2 /FSN HD Radio 660 XM 237

Devilish34

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOI, I didn't think of that, but if we're talking tying guys up in the crease, those 3 aren't exactly Stevens, Daneyko, and Holik.

Re: Weekes - he's got to start sometime, and against what will surely end up as one of the worst teams in the East, that's as good a time as any. I have no problem with the decision to start him.

Not much to be done, unless Danny Markov is the answer, which he's not really.

Hard to find teams selling on defense this early in the season, and harder to find teams selling anything decent, and even harder to find a team that's going to part with something without wanting something for this season in return.

Tri, White is not the answer to the defense as there is no answer to to the lack of D on this team! LL f^cked up during the offseason by not getting a guy playing in the in the f^ing nether regions of Canada right now with the initials of SS.

Souray would have been worth the $$$ here but we passed, I will not mention it again as it's not fair to second guess a genious like LL but the fact that we dropped 4 million on a lackluster dman like Martin and could not spend the extra 3 to secure a PPlay dman makes me ill!!!!!!!!!!

In this NHL you play for now and LL, Marty and a few of the other top members of this team are complaining about the cap... STFUP already and play hockey NOW! Get the point!!! It will not change the fact that that management went with youth the first god darn year we have the opportunity to open a new arena and we get stuck with a sh!t team because we didn't play the cap game like the Rags, Flyers and the Isles!

Colin White? Langs? They will help but tonight is a prime example of why it was so important to have a guy like Souray on the PP, instead we get Martin for the next 3 years who will do sh^t! Same with penalty happy White! Tonight sucked!

Yeah, I had this guy on ignore for a long time for a reason.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Souray was not the answer. I'd like him on the team but not at the years and dollars Edmonton committed. He's injury prone and not a good defender at this point in his career.

I read annoyance but didn't really see any of the season's over we suck panic-type posts you're referring to. I think people had a right to be annoyed with the second period.

I wasn't pegging a particular post or poster or thread.. just general moron comments like:

the second game of the year is a MUST WIN

Sheldon Souray or Danny Markov would save the season

If they don't score on the 3:38 of pp, people will start slitting their wrists and take the :koolaid: to it's unhealthy natural conclusion

being annoyed is fine... being brain-dead... welllllll

Come on. Give everybody a break. Tonight was a very tough loss and some people are really pissed, and if they want to vent their frustrations here, let them. I know I was extremely pissed earlier and a place like this helped me from breaking all the crap in my house or going to a bar and killing somebody. Sometimes people just need a place to vent their anger, and at least we can be united under the fact that we all love the Devils, some give some of our fellow fans a break.

Is this a serious post?