NFL Week 12!

CRASHER

Can't really see Denver losing any of those games after KC, even with their VERY vulnerable defense.  And both Houston and Oakland could very well be mailing it in those last two weeks. 

KC's opponents look just as beatable though, Washington and Indy are in tailspins.....unless San Diego's still fighting for the 6-spot in the last game (I'd give 50-50 odds on that), they might not be a factor either by then....healthiest team gets it done next week.....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KC's opponents look just as beatable though, Washington and Indy are in tailspins.....unless San Diego's still fighting for the 6-spot in the last game (I'd give 50-50 odds on that), they might not be a factor either by then....healthiest team gets it done next week.....

If KC can actually beat Denver this week, their stock will go up a LOT in my book.  I still think Denver wins out after that game due to a favorable schedule.  But they remind me of the most recent Patriot teams...high-scoring offense, shaky defense...is anyone going to be surprised if Denver gets picked off come playoff time? 

Hey CR76, gonna take back your halftime comments or your pre-OT comments? Way too harsh as usual haha. The genius' D played a damn good game, and Bill had a great-coached game himself.

Not trying to give you a hard time. You are allowed to vent, but the Broncos barely didn't do anything to deserve to be up 24-0. When that happens, comebacks are usually in order. The Patriots are world class at making the encessary adjustments at half times. 

Edited by devilsrule33

Hey CR76, gonna take back your halftime comments or your pre-OT comments? Way too harsh as usual haha. The genius' D played a damn good game, and Bill had a great-coached game himself.

Not trying to give you a hard time. You are allowed to vent, but the Broncis barely didn't do anything to deserve to be up 24-0. When that happens, comebacks are usually in order. The Patriots are world class at making the encessary adjustments at half times. 

Lol, that was me at my most emotional (and irrational).  I just completely lost it.  I have a really bad temper when it comes to the Pats sometimes, especially since they've really played below expectations in some big games (especially playoffs) in the last several years.  Look, on a certain level Daniel is right, in that a lot of fans would kill to be winning division titles, making the playoffs, etc, but at the same time, the window is closing, and as soon as Brady calls it quits, who knows when that once-in-a-lifetime player plays on your team again? 

If not for three defensive touchdowns, there is a strong chance the Giants beat the Cowboys twice. Frustrating seeing them shooting themselves in the foot, reloading, and shooting off the other foot too. Oh well, that was a fun month. If only they found a way to win just one of those earlier six games they would still have a chance. But right now they are dead in the water.

If KC can actually beat Denver this week, their stock will go up a LOT in my book.  I still think Denver wins out after that game due to a favorable schedule.  But they remind me of the most recent Patriot teams...high-scoring offense, shaky defense...is anyone going to be surprised if Denver gets picked off come playoff time? 

there's never a year I don't expect Peyton Manning to blow it in the first playoff opportunity possible.....

As me how the Chiefs DE's are this week and I'll let you know the team's odds....

If not for three defensive touchdowns, there is a strong chance the Giants beat the Cowboys twice. Frustrating seeing them shooting themselves in the foot, reloading, and shooting off the other foot too. Oh well, that was a fun month. If only they found a way to win just one of those earlier six games they would still have a chance. But right now they are dead in the water.

that's a bit of an ass backwards statement though isn't it?

If not for a muffed punt the Pats and Broncos tie last night

if Mike Wallace is half an inch taller Miami beats Carolina

If Dez Bryant doesn't drop a ball into the Giants hands maybe Dallas blows them out....

87% of all games this year (at least going into week 11) were decided by 7 points or less....it's all in who cashes in on the mistakes....or better yet....if you wanna take back two Super Bowl wins off Velcro-Helmet catches I'll let you have coulda/shoulda/woulda's this season :lol:

87% of all games this year (at least going into week 11) were decided by 7 points or less....it's all in who cashes in on the mistakes

Or who executes just a little bit better (or a little less badly). 

That's why the worst thing you can do as a fan is torture yourself with "If only" scenarios.  When the game ends, the only thing you can do is move on, for sanity's sake. 

there's never a year I don't expect Peyton Manning to blow it in the first playoff opportunity possible.....

Makes sense for a guy who's got 8 one-and-dones on his resume (in 12 postseasons).  

Also crazy is Eli being 8-3 in the playoffs (2-0 in SB appearances) and Peyton being 9-11 (1-1 in SB appearances). 

Makes sense for a guy who's got 8 one-and-dones on his resume (in 12 postseasons).  

Also crazy is Eli being 8-3 in the playoffs (2-0 in SB appearances) and Peyton being 9-11 (1-1 in SB appearances). 

Which goes to show why I put little stock in a QBs playoff success as a measure of how good he is.  I mean, everyone with a brain knows that Peyton is a better QB than Eli, and, if you were a GM, you'd be smoking crack if you ever said that you'd rather have Eli than Peyton as your QB, age and injuries notwithstanding.  The same way you'd be crazy if you said you'd rather have Eli than Brady, even though Eli beat Brady twice in the Super Bowl when Brady had the superior team on each occasion.

As for last night, I don't see it as advancing the ball much so far as the age old Brady v. Manning debate. 

Lol, that was me at my most emotional (and irrational).  I just completely lost it.  I have a really bad temper when it comes to the Pats sometimes, especially since they've really played below expectations in some big games (especially playoffs) in the last several years.  Look, on a certain level Daniel is right, in that a lot of fans would kill to be winning division titles, making the playoffs, etc, but at the same time, the window is closing, and as soon as Brady calls it quits, who knows when that once-in-a-lifetime player plays on your team again? 

I was going to say, we don't see this side of you when talking about the Devils.

I think no matter what happens, when looking back at the Brady era, 3 Super Bowls is more than enough. The issue was that the 3 happened so soon and maybe unexpectedly? Maybe things have evened out in the long run? It's like the Devils winning the 1995 and 2003 Finals but somehow not being able to win with the 2001 team. That's how I think of NE not winning with some of those Moss/Welker teams or the 2nd team that lost to the Giants. (The 2001 Patriots SB team beating the powerhouse Rams is actually pretty similar to the Devils dominating the heavily-favourite Wings).

But again, if any Patriots fan looks back at the Bill/Brady era and wants more than 3 rings, they are unrealistic and too greedy. 3 SB wins by a field goal, where tons of good fortune, plays, breaks etc went there way (Kasay kicking the kickoff out of bounds, John Fox going for the 2pt conversion a bit too early and chasing points the rest of the game,  TO not even close to 100% healthy, Donovan throwing up. It'll eventually even up, where the breaks don't go there way (no need to list them all).

I do continue to think you give too much of the blame to Bill with these failures. Sometimes two teams play hard and sh!t happens. We can dissect things a million times, but NE has been in 5 SBs...all coin tosses. Pretty damn good. 

Edited by devilsrule33

Not going to disagree with you dr33.  5 SB appearances with 3 wins is nothing to sneeze at.  And rationally I know that.  With the Pats I guess it feels like they could've done more at times (those home playoff losses are killers), crazy as it sounds, but I'm sure Peyton-era Colt fans feel the same way...lots of gaudy won-lost records and points-for totals, always in contention.  Big difference between one SB win and two appearances, and three and five.  Not kidding myself there. 

Funny you pointing out the Red Wings-Devils series and the Pats-Rams SB...I've made the same comparison, and the feelings I had after both wins were pretty much the same.  Funny, feels like it all went by too fast (as it always does when you're blessed to have a great player spend his entire career on your team, just like Brodeur).  I just want to see Brady win one last one before he retires, just because...not greed-related so much, just want to see him get one last ring.  If it doesn't happen, his career will still be awesome, and he'll still be one of the best ever to play his position in his era (I can't do "best of all time", not with eras being so different...simply too much to factor in).  But just one more. 

I was going to say, we don't see this side of you when talking about the Devils.

I think no matter what happens, when looking back at the Brady era, 3 Super Bowls is more than enough. The issue was that the 3 happened so soon and maybe unexpectedly? Maybe things have evened out in the long run? It's like the Devils winning the 1995 and 2003 Finals but somehow not being able to win with the 2001 team. That's how I think of NE not winning with some of those Moss/Welker teams or the 2nd team that lost to the Giants. (The 2001 Patriots SB team beating the powerhouse Rams is actually pretty similar to the Devils dominating the heavily-favourite Wings).

But again, if any Patriots fan looks back at the Bill/Brady era and wants more than 3 rings, they are unrealistic and too greedy. 3 SB wins by a field goal, where tons of good fortune, plays, breaks etc went there way (Kasay kicking the kickoff out of bounds, John Fox going for the 2pt conversion a bit too early and chasing points the rest of the game,  TO not 100% healthy, Donovan throwing up. It'll eventually even up, where the breaks don't go there way (no need to list them all).

I do continue to think you give too much of the blame to Bill with these failures. Sometimes two teams play hard and sh!t happens. We can dissect things a million times, but NE has been in 5 SBs...all coin tosses. Pretty damn good. 

In a way, it's similar to how I felt about Shula at the end of his career, albeit I was a lot younger, and he never won the Super Bowl with Marino.  Also a little different than CR's views on Belichik, considering that Shula was nearing retirement age as it was.  Still, it was hard to imagine getting a better coach to replace him, although Jimmy Johnson made a lot of sense at the time, and did put in a pretty nice foundation that allowed Dave Wannstedt and Jay Fiedler to have a decent amount of success. 

Or who executes just a little bit better (or a little less badly). 

That's why the worst thing you can do as a fan is torture yourself with "If only" scenarios.  When the game ends, the only thing you can do is move on, for sanity's sake. 

Oh TOTALLY....this is the one thing I am totally grateful from all my hockey playing....its taught me and put into perspective how totally ineffectual we are in actually influencing and winning these games we go crazy on for watching on TV (that aside I still goaded and annoyed my GF to come to the game yesterday since Dallas is now 3-0 when she watches with me, including both wins over her Giants :evil:)....it gives you a much healthier perspective and the only thing that really pisses me off these days are the morons at the bar ....(and Jason Garrett.....that will never die....well until he does :P )

WIll Shanahan last the post season?

He'll make it till season's end....he kinda has to ....what are you gonna do....fire him and put his son in charge???

Gonna be alot of coach's clearances on Black Monday in the NFL.......

Shanahan is a pretty overrated coach in my eyes...he only won because he had Elway and Terrell Davis....he's never made his players better as a coach

I'm happy the Cowboys are gonna be wearing their normal blue home jerseys for their Thanksgiving game this year. They should wear the blue all the time when they're home. I don't care for that stupid tradition.

Also, the Giants need to go to the white pants permanently. Such a nicer look than their grey pants.