2014 NJDevs FF Draft - We are finished!

CRASHER

Oh good, I was hoping for a CRASHER block lol

This was ACTUALLY the year I wanted to be higher on the board too.....go figure.....

So now that we're rolling when's the keeper deadline/draft start day?

I'm surprised the 12 spot - with the double pick is still around.

I do think the 6 spot is the best spot to be in if you aren't using your 1st/2nd rounders for keepers...  good protection against runs, etc.

It's hard to tell what's really a good position in the first round cause it depends on who winds up being kept.  Most years I like drafting high cause you get like three of the top twenty-five picks.  This year going back and having an earlier 4th may be better since you wind up reaching for players early in the draft anyway after the top guys go off.  Of course you miss out on one of the top guys though (Charles, AP, etc).

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 Tuesdays from now, the 19th...you can pretty much declare your keeper as we pick (so in essence you're making TWO picks....oh the VALUE :evil: )

and yeah I'll move down to 10th....I did have to sit and wait on this....and then work cut in :P

We kind of have to do all keepers before the actual draft starts, no?  Otherwise you could theoretically be drafting someone that another team still might want to keep before it gets to their turn in the order - say if you wanted to keep Forte but he got picked somewhere in the first nine spots before your pick at #10. 

Edited by NJDevs4978

We kind of have to do all keepers before the actual draft starts, no?  Otherwise you could theoretically be drafting someone that another team still might want to keep before it gets to their turn in the order - say if you wanted to keep Forte but he got picked somewhere in the first nine spots before your pick at #10. 

Yeah, wouldn't make sense to do keepers during the actual draft. Gotta do it first or this thing becomes an even bigger clusterfvck. Which I guess is why Crasher wants to do it this way :lol:

Yeah, wouldn't make sense to do keepers during the actual draft. Gotta do it first or this thing becomes an even bigger clusterfvck. Which I guess is why Crasher wants to do it this way :lol:

I have a stubborn refusal to protect a player when there is ANY chance of injury :P.....it's not chaos theory, its flat-out paranoia!!!

And the longer the wait the more work I gotta do when I add the players.... it takes ten extra seconds to say "I'm keeping <star player X> in Round y, I'm drafting <fantasy hero Z> with my first pick".... :blink:

Almost every team's second preseason game will be over with by next Sunday night.  There's no reason we can't declare keepers next Monday, or before then if your keeper's team is through its second preseason game :P

I'll probably be taking it down to late next Sunday myself but since the draft's probably not starting till that Monday or Tuesday (the 18th/19th) anyway....

Edited by NJDevs4978

I have a stubborn refusal to protect a player when there is ANY chance of injury :P.....it's not chaos theory, its flat-out paranoia!!!

And the longer the wait the more work I gotta do when I add the players.... it takes ten extra seconds to say "I'm keeping <star player X> in Round y, I'm drafting <fantasy hero Z> with my first pick".... :blink:

So if you want to wait until your draft pick to declare a keeper and someone in the top part of the first round wants to draft Eddie Lacy before your pick at 10, are you then SOL (s**t out of luck) of keeping him?  That would be pretty unfair.  Or do we redo the first round from the Lacy pick since that and all the picks after that basically become null and void because of the keeper selection?  That would be a lot of unneccesary work.

That's why keepers MUST be declared before the actual draft.  Everyone has to know the pool they're drafting from.  Except maybe for the guy who actually HAS the first pick, because his keeper can't be jacked by someone else's draft pick.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Don't jinx yourself

Yeah you never know when he might get arrested on some trumped up charges :lol:

(damn I'm gonna have fun with THIS all season!!)

Well at least we can finish the draft order tonight if red picks lol

Of course we'll just be waiting another week to start the draft itself since GENCON is this weekend :P  Ideally we all declare our keepers by this weekend so we can hit the ground running next Monday though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

How does this logic possibly escape Crasher?

So if you want to wait until your draft pick to declare a keeper and someone in the top part of the first round wants to draft Eddie Lacy before your pick at 10, are you then SOL (s**t out of luck) of keeping him?  That would be pretty unfair.  Or do we redo the first round from the Lacy pick since that and all the picks after that basically become null and void because of the keeper selection?  That would be a lot of unneccesary work.

That's why keepers MUST be declared before the actual draft.  Everyone has to know the pool they're drafting from.  Except maybe for the guy who actually HAS the first pick, because his keeper can't be jacked by someone else's draft pick.

Of course we'll just be waiting another week to start the draft itself since GENCON is this weekend :P  Ideally we all declare our keepers by this weekend so we can hit the ground running next Monday ... TUESDAY ....though.

corrected :)

and I'll be damned if I'm going to apologize for my own vacation, I know damn well I've earned it :P

Why did you want 9, then instead of taking 8 go up to 5?? Oh well I correctly forecast I'd be choosing 7-8 lol.

I kind of want to be a d*ck and block the conference call by going to 8 but I'm too paranoid I'll be ninjaed at 7 lol, besides what would a draft be without the three of them going back to back? Might as well take 7 (leaving 8 for Clown) and be in the middle every round.

Why did you want 9, then instead of taking 8 go up to 5?? Oh well I correctly forecast I'd be choosing 7-8 lol.

Not really sure, when I saw the picking order I focused on 9 and kind of liked that spot.  I ended up choosing 5 becuase I wanted the earlier 1st & 3rd round picks.

I would not be opposed to starting keepers now...  with the ability to change our keeper through the Monday night game...  just to get something going; or else we would all logically defer our selections until after these next sets of games...  ie I wouldn't lock into Peyton until after the 4p game on Sunday.

I would not be opposed to starting keepers now...  with the ability to change our keeper through the Monday night game...  just to get something going; or else we would all logically defer our selections until after these next sets of games...  ie I wouldn't lock into Peyton until after the 4p game on Sunday.

I agree with this, lets annouce keepers now, w/ the caveate that you can change if your player is this weekend??

I think that's reasonable...  and this way we can kick off drafting Monday night into Tuesday next week.

With that, Sworn Defenders are using their 2nd round pick to keep Peyton Manning, QB, DEN.

Edited by aylbert