‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

What was he supposed to say when he said things like "We'll be ready to go next year," or "Oates leaving is a big loss for us?" "The Devils will be back next year," and "Oates is a big loss for the Devils." If he says stuff like that days after losing in the finals and while still under contract with the Devils then everyone would read into it that he won't be coming back. Either way fans would look into it way too much and it's not Zach's fault. None of us really know what was going on in his head but my guess is that at that time he wanted to come back but once he became a free agent it made the decision more difficult than he was expecting. He didn't know who was going to offer what and assuming he goes to Minnesota with Suter, he didn't know Suter was going there yet either.

I'm going to be upset if he leaves, but I won't hate the guy. I have a Parise World Junior Championships jersey and a Parise Devils jersey. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to have them re-customized. He will still be one of my favorite players because of his unmatched work ethic and I'm looking forward to having him on the Olympic team for years to come, and if he goes to the Wild I guess I'll be rooting for him in the World Championships almost every year too haha.

Zach could have said plenty of things. "Oates is a big loss." "It's a shame to lose Oates." "Oates is a good coach. He'll do great in Washington." These are all pretty neutral and fans wouldn't really be able to look into them.

This is speculation on my part but it looks like teams are being informed they are out so his official decision should come soon enough.

I read somehing that by rule, Zach would have to officially inform the Devils he isn't coming back.

Do we even know if they HAVE drafted well yet?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00006879.html

It doesn't look significantly better than ours, and we're frowned upon in general.

Brodin is well-regarded, Granlund tore up the Finnish league, Coyle had nearly 2 points a game for St. John, and Zack Phillips is doing well there too. It's a very good stable of prospects. If they weren't run by morons they'd still have Nick Leddy.

This is speculation on my part but it looks like teams are being informed they are out so his official decision should come soon enough.

thats what i thought too

niiiiiice :dance: :dance:

and yea, more teams may be getting eliminated soon

it may be us tho :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.