Rock Band - Video Game

NJCroMag

Just had a chance to play it this weekend when I was visiting my brother in Jersey for the holiday. Anybody else get a chance to play it yet?

The new guitar takes some getting used to. The drum peripheral is very, VERY cool. Didn't man the mic at all, but the kids had a blast singing.

Song selection is merely okay, and you end up playing a lot of the same songs in each venue when you choose the "Requests" set, or pick your own setlist.

Gibson Explorer guitar can be used with the game, so we had the full setup going (vox, bass, guitar, drums).

Oh yeah, and I played most songs on guitar on expert mode. Expert mode in this game is NOTHING like expert mode in the Guitar Hero games. I can't touch expert in the GH series, so this game is a LOT easier to play the guitar on.

Despite some of my complaints, we had a blast playing this thing.

Edited by NJCroMag

I haven't played it yet, do you think it is worth the 178 bucks or so though?

Just one person's opinion here...but yes. I think it's worth it.

(Then again, I admit some bias: I have a modded XBox and never have to pay for games, so the occasional forced spending on games isn't such a big deal to me.)

Or do what I'm going to do...add it to my Christmas list and tell my family I don't care if 15 people have to chip in to get it.

i have it and i spent the entire thanksgiving break with my brother and sister playing it, if you can play multiplayer then its totally worth it

That's what we did, too. We had a full house, so there was always people willing to jump in and man an instrument.

I'm actually hearing about the strum bar giving out on the guitar peripheral. We didn't have any problems, but I've heard that others haven't been so lucky.

I got it on Black Friday after looking through five stores. The game is great and I've been having a lot of fun playing every instrument except those stupid drums. The guitar is way easier than Guitar Hero and I find myself playing expert on nearly every song. But I've been having issues with lag and I can't calibrate it no matter how I try. It's tough. But otherwise the game is awesome.

I think many people already do know an instrument, and its fun to pick up a song quickly in a game with a new instrument.... just like I think many people who play sports games on their systems already know how to play the sport.

I already know how to play an instrument, that doesnt mean its not enjoyable to have a fun night with my friends goofing around and playing rock songs.

Already very evident from the 3 posts Ive read of your 7 that youre gonna be a fun poster

Edited by langsgirl

People can have a hobby... some people dont have time to Start a band. They have other careers that they love. And playing music maybe is somehing they like but dont have time to do regularly.

I dont really see the difference between me playing music in front of a tv or hearing some local band play those same songs at a bar. They play real instruments and sing the same songs that I twice ever played in front of the tv with friends... they do it for a living.. but I have a different job...so I guess I dont see the harm in having fun on occasion, or being in a cover band as a career.

I dont own any video game systems.. not since the original Nintendo when I was a kid.. but I dont see why playing for fun is so bad. Ive played video game systems 3 times in the past year.. and dont find it to be some huge problem.

Edited by langsgirl

Well thats as far off as possible as I have been to hundreds upon hundreds of concerts starting back when I was in 4th grade. Original....

but at local bars and clubs here, 90% of the time, they are playing covers all night or playing a bunch of them.

I just think your logic is all off.

I think if you said.. America should not allow kids too play video games as much as they do... then id be like I agree...

but I dont agree that adults cant play a game on occasion in some free time. Its like playing a board game, or Poker..all things we do in the limited free tme we have with our friends at this stage in life.

Edited by langsgirl

Me and my friends had 2 free hours on Saturday night, so we all formed a band, bought instruments, learned instruments, got a manager, booked a performance, played a show at a bar...all within those 2 hours. B )