Where do the Devils finish in the Atlantic this year?

Tedenby21

Where will the Devils finish?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the Devils finish in the Atlantic this season?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • As if anyone will say 5th

There's way too many unknowns this year. The safest bet to come in first in the Division is Pittsburgh. That's only if Crosby and Malkin are healthy for a majority of the year. I hate to say it but the next safest bet is the Rangers. They'll be the same team except with a better center on their top line.

After that it really gets messy. We have no idea how Philly's new team will play together. Islanders are due to take the young core to the next level, but we could have said the same thing last year. Injuries to Streit and Okposo factored in though.

Devils are probably the biggest mystery. As from seeing what happened last year, the coach will be an important factor, maybe the biggest. The young guys will obviously play a big role, especially with the subtractive transactions Lou has been Foreshadowing. I really have no idea what will happen, but I'm really looking forward to a full season of both Kovy and Parise. Of course seeing what Larsson can do is right up there at the top of my list.

i have a feeling we'll do better than the rangers and Isles and be duking it out with Philly and Pittsburgh. I could totally see the Atlantic having the 4 & 5 seeds to go along with the division winner.

With the team as is, and a coach that works well with them, they're definitely capable of making the playoffs. But 2 positions will have to be filled for them to be more than a team capable of making the playoffs. The 1st of the two is a 2nd line center. I don't see the Kovalchuk-Zajac-Parise line having another go.(could be wrong) So either Zajac will have to play with Parise or Kovalchuk. I'm not sure who will center the non-Zajac line. I'm not sure if Josefson or Henrique are ready for that role, especially Henrique. Rolston was worthless without Elias, so not sure if that should be broken up. Zubrus could be used to center either Parise or Kovalchuk, but if memory serves me correct, I don't think he worked well with Kovalchuk.

The other position is our obvious PMD problem. Hopefully Larsson will show potential in filling that role. Fayne and Taormina are also potentials to fill that role, especially if the can improve over what they did last year.

Obviously saying nothing no one hasn't thought of, but figured I'd lay it out from how I see it. Lots of questions going into this season.

Well, Manta got his vote in. :cheers:

Wrong again. I think the Islanders shot themselves in the foot after making some semi decent moves. So, 5th is taken by NYI.

Depending on Crosby's health the Devils may actually make third place in the division, but if Crosby is back to health 4th place is ours in the division.

IF we finish higher than 10th in the conference this season, I will be surprised.

I think 1st if some of the young guys on D show up like they did last year. I'm sure Fayne will be on the team, but I'm hoping Taormina and possibly Urbom do some damage. I actually think Tao will be quite a good hockey player.

The only team I could imagine taking 1st before us is the Pens. I can't see us at a spot worse than 2nd.