Bumped into Parise tonight

rdevils128

Was talking to zach tonight at zinburger in Clifton. He'll be skating in 2 weeks apparently. And he wants to be a

Xevil next year .....

Cool. Of course, and don't take this the wrong way, but I wouldn't have expected him to say anything else to you, me, or anyone else. After all, it wouldn't be a good negotiating tactic for him to pull you aside and tell you his negotiating strategy only to have it posted on NJDEVs.com.... unless Lou promises not to read it. :lol: But still, neat. I never run into anyone that cool around here.... maybe our current mayor. Yea, no one cool at all.

He's only a RFA lol, the only way he's not a Devil next season is if some team has a crazy offer sheet we don't match.

That said sometimes (at least pre-twitter and all these other instant media things) you can parse something a player says in private. Like in '06 when Elias had hepatitis and was still out I lucked into meeting him after a Devil-Ranger game on the train...he was asking me what I thought of the soon-to-be new arena and said he was looking forward to it. This was unprompted without me asking anything about Newark or the Rock. So after that I had a pretty good idea he was gonna stay lol.

Of course now that anyone can play amateur reporter with twitter and blogs you really have to watch what you say if you're a public figure, even in supposedly private conversations.

Edited by NJDevs4978