Parise named captain!

SterioDesign

I don't think Kovy had some lifelong dream to suit up for the Devils. Money spoke loudly with that one.

Obvious statement is obvious. If you're from Russia (or any other European country) you are ridiculously unlikely to grow up dreaming of playing for a specific American city's NHL team.. You hope to make your own city's team, and then one day maybe go pro.. So that you can make a ton of money.. This is clearly the primary motivation for 99% of the NHL players. (The secondaries likely include winning a cup and competing at the highest level of your sport.)

Zach and Ilya are both elite talents that I hope will stay with NJ until they retire. That said; You are kidding yourself if you think Zach's motivation for NOT signing a long term deal with the Devs is somehow NOT related to money.

I think this is a good sign for the Devils prospects of resigning Parise long term. Even though it's possible that Parise was given the C with the hope that he'll be more inclined to resign with us because of it, I truly believe that Lou would not let him be named captain if he honestly thought that he does not have a very good chance of locking him up long term before he hits the FA in July.

I think this is a good sign for the Devils prospects of resigning Parise long term. Even though it's possible that Parise was given the C with the hope that he'll be more inclined to resign with us because of it, I truly believe that Lou would not let him be named captain if he honestly thought that he does not have a very good chance of locking him up long term before he hits the FA in July.

In Lou you trust?