Anthony Brodeur

brickwall30

Interesting news. I had heard he was the 1b to the other goalie at Shattuck, but he was the man in net for the Gold medal game and came up with the 27 save shutout. Looks like he is making as good a case as possible to get drafted.

If Lou drafts Anthony while the draft is here in New Jersey I think the building may just explode!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12568

Interesting news. I had heard he was the 1b to the other goalie at Shattuck, but he was the man in net for the Gold medal game and came up with the 27 save shutout. Looks like he is making as good a case as possible to get drafted.

If Lou drafts Anthony while the draft is here in New Jersey I think the building may just explode!

http://www.nhl.com/i...st.htm?id=12568

From what I hear, he is good but no where close to being NHL caliber.

Lou won't draft Anthony. Doesn't make sense. He would have a huge, huge, huge, huge pressure-cooker on his kitchen counter if that happened.

I agree. Would much rather acquire him via trade after he proves the doubter's wrong and comes to NJ for a discount to continue his father's legacy. A man can dream, right?

If he doesn't get drafted in either year of eligibility, then sign him to a contract as a FA (like the Giontas, Zajacs, etc)

(Assuming, of course, that this is how it works. I don't presume to know the system all that well)

That's only gonna happen if they think Anthony can play. By all accounts from those who have seen him play, he doesn't have NHL ability. If he doesn't have NHL ability, we're not gonna sign him just because his last name is Brodeur.

I remember that time when everyone projected Martin Brodeur to be the all time goalie in the world. Ya know, how we all said he was gonna take over almost all records. Wow, that was back in what...89, nooooo, 90...oh wait could be 91..nope 92. Oh wait I remember that game Marty played at the end of that season...they wore red and green HAHAHHAHA idiots, what dumb colors....

Point being, we all know the point.

YOU DON'T KNOW!

I remember that time when everyone projected Martin Brodeur to be the all time goalie in the world. Ya know, how we all said he was gonna take over almost all records. Wow, that was back in what...89, nooooo, 90...oh wait could be 91..nope 92. Oh wait I remember that game Marty played at the end of that season...they wore red and green HAHAHHAHA idiots, what dumb colors....

Point being, we all know the point.

YOU DON'T KNOW!

Marty was a first round draft pick. Yes, no one would have predicted that he would own every goaltending record when it all said and done, but he didn't come out of nowhere either.

Marty also wasn't really suppose to be a first round pick.

Yeah but that's in part because the convention at the time was not to draft goalies in the 1st round. The previous 5 drafts saw 3 goalies taken in the first round (Olaf Kolzig, Jason Muzzatti, Jimmy Waite).

But I do think if A. Brodeur manages to be a college starter somewhere, the Devils would give more weight to signing him than anyone else would. AHL deals aren't hard to give out.

I actually live on the same street as his best man at his wedding, so I seem him once in a while. I remember during the 4th of July break, he said that Anthony didn't want to be drafted by the devils, but actually of one of the rival teams. It makes sense in some type of way.

Also, he has a similar style to Marty from what I've read and has impressed quite a few ppl. So IDK where this other knowledge comes from. Let the kid develope himself in the league before being judged.

We all know he's not his Dad.

I'd be a bit worried that he hasn't impressed the coaches at SSM since he isn't their clear cut first choice goaltender and was beaten out by a kid a grade below him. He's made up some minutes lately to make it seem closer but for the bulk of the 1st half, Kania was their guy.

Kania: 21 GP 1187 Min 18-1-1 1.97 GAA .928 1 SO

Brodeur: 19 GP 1093 Min 14-2-2 2.52 GAA .920 3 SO

He may be playing a lot better as of a late but he isn't even a mention in any goaltending article I read for the draft. I'd love to see him do well in college and perhaps end up in the ECHL or AHL (at best) in a few years.

How deep is this year's draft? What would be the harm at tossing a seventh-round pick his way? Granted, the Devs are losing their third-round pick this year (Zidlicky trade) and maybe their first-round pick (Kovalchuk penalty), but it's been ages since Lou's picked anyone worthwhile that late in the draft, so it's not like the pick would be any more wasted than it usually is.

Granted, if this is supposed to be a really good draft then don't bother, but frankly, I'd rather the Devils "waste" a pick on Brodeur than see the Rangers grab him as revenge for us drafting Matteau. And if the Flyers draft him next year when they're hosting the shindig, I'm fairly certain there will be a riot.