GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ NJ DEVILS, Jan 24, 2008, 7:00 PM ET

eaglejelly

I dont think the All star break is going to be such a break for anyone on the team now except for Marty and Weekes.

I wonder if the whole team is on stationary bike drills.

I hope so.

Sutter should make them ride part of the Tour de France route over the break. Top performers get to stay in the line up. :P

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for the post game comments from Sutter. I hate it when my provider cuts the feed seconds after the game ends. Some games I can get most or all of the post game show.

What a disgraceful third period. Im absolutely disugsted my team would just waltz out there and have another bad 3rd. Sutter has to get this team better prepared for the final period....just friggin throws off my entire night.

Edited by devlman

Just back...that was pretty frustrating. I mean beyond the team taking about as many penalties as shots, we just couldn't catch wind that they were playing until it was 4-3 with 2 minutes left and we still took a penalty. But I digress...

It was fun dealing with the Habs fans again, although I wish some Devils fans had been there. There was only about one other avid fan in my section, and even though we were up 3-1 you could hardly hear it. Too busy eating hot dogs I guess.

And I just wish we had gotten that hat trick for Patrik.

Yea but you don't just take shots when there's 4 guys standing in front of you just for the sake of taking a shot so that the other team can take the puck and clear it before you get a quality chance.

I find it extremely frustrating at any time during a powerplay when everyone starts yelling "shoot". It shows that the fanbase in general just doesn't understand what is going on down there.

This game was just disgusting all the way around. And I'm not talking about the refs though I'm sure most here are, they were only as bad as the Devils. There's no excuse for looking like the 2000 Leafs against that defense. The team played like they all wanted the extended All-Star break Marty (ironically the only one to show up tonight) and Sutter got :P

Some particular points of contention:

-How long does Rachunek get to screw up before he loses the injury grace period? It's not as if his career body of work should give him the benefit of the doubt to play his way out of a so-called slump. And his offensive 'skills' get ridiculously overrated, if he was such a great PP QB he'd still be on the Rangers (who need one themselves).

-Elias had the most maddening two-goal game ever. He absoultely refused to shoot after that like it's selfish to go for a hat trick when you have open shots. It's as if he thought he was playing golf where lowest score wins :rolleyes:

-Oduya made some great plays in the first period and I was thinking geez where did this come from, maybe he has changed after all...then he reverted back to bad old Johnny O.

-That five-on-three where the Devils could have ended the game late in the second and instead wandered around punch-drunk changed the whole momentum of the game.

-Third periods have been really disturbing lately, almost losing a three-goal lead against Toronto, melting down tonight and against Florida. I knew like three minutes into the third that Marty was going to have to win it by himself and even he couldn't bail the team out tonight.

-And yes the refs did suck but that didn't annoy me because the team (other than Marty) didn't even deserve one point tonight. I realize this team was due to beat us once but come on. Maybe it was a post-Flyer letdown. But this team can't afford letdowns if they're going to lose another seven games to the Isles and Rangers.

Edited by Hasan4978

Sutter's Postgame Comments/Views

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...&gameType=2

"To be honest, I'm quite disappointed," Devils coach Brent Sutter said after his team's 4-3 loss to Montreal on Thursday night, the first loss to the Canadiens in the last nine meetings overall and only the second in the last 20 in New Jersey.

"I'm disappointed in the whole team and its commitment to win. Their play was brutal. They already had their plans to head to (Las) Vegas or wherever the hell they're going before the game was half over. It's totally unacceptable. Everything it takes to win a hockey game, we didn't do. It was a total lack of effort from everyone."

"For whatever reason, we had a lot of guys who wanted to do their own thing out there," Sutter said. "We had a 2-0 lead and had a 5-on-3 power play and had four or five quality scoring chances, but they were thinking of themselves instead of the team. We've had two-goal leads in our building and let them slip. It shows a lack of commitment to want to play. It tells you that this is not a mentally strong hockey team."

Added Sutter, "To be honest, they should be embarrassed. It's hard for me to sit on this for four days. It sure as hell better be hard on them as well. We were brutal."

After the game was over, the Devils did not return to their locker room within the 10-minute cooling off period mandated by the NHL. It was reported that the team headed to a post-game workout in the auxiliary practice rink.