Gelinas

GOALIES

Schneider

Brodeur

EXTRA PLAYERS

Gionta

Josefson

Harrold

All I'm going to say about this one is I think the DeBoer watch is going to start real soon if this doesn't turn around pretty quickly...especially with Laviolette out there. Didn't think I'd be saying that so soon, but there it is.

Salvador...there just aren't any words.

Agree with feisty that I still can't start freaking out YET, but if they lose to Winnipeg and make the same mistakes doing it, the blood pressure is definitely going to rise.

I gave the devils five games before I really flip my lid and I have. We should have won in Edmonton and this one and possibly Vancouver as well. At least one of those fvcking games.

I'm waiting for deboer to really show emotion and get pissed off but I feel he is going to make the same excuses tonight and same mystifying personnel decisions for the next game. This whole mr nice guy routine might have run it's course with this team.

If the devils really piss away this season then I will be first to burn an effigy of JVB in championship plaza. Not only did he handicap the team with his financial problems but his insistence of keeping kovy and having Lou give him that ridiculous deal started a cascade of future doom with helping us lose parise as we didn't want two bad contracts, the loss of this years draft pick and then with kovy eventually leaving and Lou scrambling this offseason to fill in the gaps. That huckster can go to hell.

Well, he better get it in the plan because it's on the road to happening

Agreed.  Something needs to happen.  And soon.

Lou's off season was a big splash of signings in his book. He's not having us play to win the McDavid sweepstakes.

Agreed as well.  Lou doesn't know how to rebuild.  Seriously, he has no idea what rebuilding even means.

I don't think they deserved this loss tonight. Pretty tough pill.

I agree.  I'm probably drinking too much Kool-Aid here, but the only games they deserved to lose were the Pittsburgh and Vancouver games.

I gave the devils five games before I really flip my lid and I have. We should have won in Edmonton and this one and possibly Vancouver as well. At least one of those fvcking games.

I'm waiting for deboer to really show emotion and get pissed off but I feel he is going to make the same excuses tonight and same mystifying personnel decisions for the next game. This whole mr nice guy routine might have run it's course with this team.

If the devils really piss away this season then I will be first to burn an effigy of JVB in championship plaza. Not only did he handicap the team with his financial problems but his insistence of keeping kovy and having Lou give him that ridiculous deal started a cascade of future doom with helping us lose parise as we didn't want two bad contracts, the loss of this years draft pick and then with kovy eventually leaving and Lou scrambling this offseason to fill in the gaps. That huckster can go to hell.

JVB as a fan of the team was never in good position to be a good owner.  Fans should never be owners of the team they grew up supporting.  The new owners are actual businessmen who know how to properly handle money.

Lou's off season was a big splash of signings in his book. He's not having us play to win the McDavid sweepstakes.

He had his hand forced by a certain douchebag, so I'm not going to bury him too much.    But if his read is off on this team I would not be totally surprised.   This did not strike me (post-a$$hole, at least) as a team you could have ANY clear read on.

He had his hand forced by a certain douchebag, so I'm not going to bury him too much.    But if his read is off on this team I would not be totally surprised.   This did not strike me (post-a$$hole, at least) as a team you could have ANY clear read on.

The on paper team looks good without Kovalchuk even.  4 solid lines that can produce points, and a deep defense.  The problem is, that Deboer isn't playing the right players, and him constantly switching players in and out is hurting the chemistry.  Chemistry isn't needed to win the Cup, but when you have a team with no superstar players, the team is gonna need balance and depth to succeed.  In order to get that, you need chemistry.  The 4 lines become more important than the 12 players.

Our defense is trash, that's really all there is to say. Can't even get mad anymore, I'm about to stop watching for a few weeks. Can call me a fair weather fan or w.e but I'm not going to watch us replay the same mistakes over and over again.

If we continue to lose like this, and they keep Salvador and Volch playing, I can't in good conscience block out nights of my life to watch this team. Salvador is on the ice everytime the other team scores a game-swinging goal, him being in game after game is stupidity, no other way to say it. I don't care what the locker room thinks of him he doesn't belong on the ice anymore.

Edited by Sneax

Our defense is trash, that's really all there is to say. Can't even get mad anymore, I'm about to stop watching for a few weeks. Can call me a fair weather fan or w.e but I'm not going to watch us replay the same mistakes over and over again.

If we continue to lose like this, and they keep Salvador and Volch playing, I can't in good conscious block out nights of my life to watch this team. Salvador is on the ice everytime the other team scores a game-swinging goal, him being in game after game is stupidity, no other way to say it. I don't care what the locker room thinks of him he doesn't belong on the ice anymore.

I agree, but hell will freeze over before DeBoer benches Salvador. He loves the guy.

This is the worst team in hockey.

What an enjoyable season this will be.

Weird another blown lead.

FIRE DPB!!!

whos dpb? honestly its time for you to shut your mouth your a goddamn tool and no one on here likes you if you havent noticed from other threads.. you lack any type of real knowledge all you do is talk out of your ass. Feel free to go find another forum to troll around you bum.
  • Like 1

Salvador has possibly been NJ's best D in the opening 5 games.  This is the guy they signed.  The trouble with Salvador is that he gets dinged up and he becomes awful with all the little nicks, but I've been impressed with how he's played.

Volchenkov on the other hand has just been awful, I have to think the bench is coming soon for him if this keeps up.  He was just bad tonight, Calgary literally used him as a traffic cone on one play, took 2 penalties, only made a couple of nice reads.

Larsson had what I thought was his best game in terms of reads.

Overall the Devils played well-ish at even strength - didn't generate enough scoring, but they managed to cut down on the horrible breakdowns.  Of course their PK wasn't good at all, they couldn't draw power plays, and they made a critical misread late to lose it.

Can't keep losing 1 goal games - they're 0-4 now in 1 goal games, it's not easy to sustain that kind of losing percentage.  They got their break in this game when Ryder scored, but then it got called back on a garbage penalty.  They'll actually get a break (other than some of the weak goals that have been going in) soon enough. 

Yea Sal and Volch haven't been that bad at all.  The problem is our most important defensemen haven't been playing their best hockey, or in Fayne's case playing any hockey.  Greene, Fayne, and Larsson are the backbone to this defense.  I think overall, our best defenseman has been Zidlicky.

Yea Sal and Volch haven't been that bad at all. The problem is our most important defensemen haven't been playing their best hockey, or in Fayne's case playing any hockey. Greene, Fayne, and Larsson are the backbone to this defense. I think overall, our best defenseman has been Zidlicky.

I disagree, Green.

Green

Zidlicky

Larson

Harold

Volchenkov

Salvash!t

Salvador needs to leave, he is honestly garbage. I thought the refs blew a win tonight, that's how I'm looking at it.

Yea Sal and Volch haven't been that bad at all.  The problem is our most important defensemen haven't been playing their best hockey, or in Fayne's case playing any hockey.  Greene, Fayne, and Larsson are the backbone to this defense.  I think overall, our best defenseman has been Zidlicky.

Volch has been beyond horrible, he just has incredible luck, like in the last game where he can make 4 consecutive mistakes, but because he knocks the net off its moorings sliding like a goof, the rebound can't be buried

I disagree, Green.

Green

Zidlicky

Larson

Harold

Volchenkov

Salvash!t

Salvador needs to leave, he is honestly garbage. I thought the refs blew a win tonight, that's how I'm looking at it.

Greene hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been good either.  Zidlicky has done more than Greene so far.  And Salvador hasn't been bad at all.

Volch has been beyond horrible, he just has incredible luck, like in the last game where he can make 4 consecutive mistakes, but because he knocks the net off its moorings sliding like a goof, the rebound can't be buried

I'm can't agree with this assessment.

Well you have someone who uses the eye test telling you he's awful and someone who uses numbers telling you he's awful, among the bajillion other people saying he's awful.   He's probably awful.

What numbers are saying he's awful?  Other posters have actually been saying he's been pretty good.

Wow just watched the dvr recording. fvcking furious with that call on Ryder. As soon as I saw him go in the box, I fvcking knew we were getting scored on. fvcking terrible noncalls and blown calls tonight. Worst officiating ive seen in a long time. This d once again lets us down. How many more games do we have to suffer with old and slow as our core??!?!? gg on worst franchise start in history. fvcking so mad right now