GDT ECF GAME 6: NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. RANGERS

ZeroGravityFat

Shot from my seat in 116. I've got a few more videos coming eventually from the concourses while leaving the arena, but I gotta get to bed now. Enjoy.

Edit: Can't explain why it's showing up as my media class final project, so here's a direct link rather than an embed:

Edited by thelastonealive

Shot from my seat in 116. I've got a few more videos coming eventually from the concourses while leaving the arena, but I gotta get to bed now. Enjoy.

Edit: Can't explain why it's showing up as my media class final project, so here's a direct link rather than an embed:

It worked for me the first time I clicked ur link. Nice shot.

this is the biggest thing in my life right now. fvck work, fvck bills, fvck everything else. this is the happiest i've been in about 10 years (go figure).. i love this team, and i love this board. on to the cup finals, man.. it feels like its been so much longer since we've been here. i really don't know what else to say.. im just gonna keep celebrating this tonight and hopefully have something more meaningful to say tomorrow.

:cheers: :cheers:

Here is a song that is played in germany when a series ends, something to "say goodbye" to the other team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUOPh_i8E9Q

I'll translate the chorus:

And then we say, goodbye, (Darum sagen wir, Auf wiedersehen!)

the time with you was beautiful, (Die Zeit mit euch, war Wunderschön!)

but it's better to leave now, we don't want to see tears, (Es ist wohl besser jetzt zu geh'n, wir können keine Tränen seh'n,)

happy holidays and goodbye! (Schönen Gruß, und Auf Wiedersehen!)

It's just amazing. Last year, it seemed so far away, and now it's so close!

Here is a song that is played in germany when a series ends, something to "say goodbye" to the other team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUOPh_i8E9Q

but it's better to leave now, we don't want to see tears, (Es ist wohl besser jetzt zu geh'n, wir können keine Tränen seh'n,)

Best words of the night!!!! Buh Bye!!!!!! :razz:

I wonder what Rupp was saying to Broduer in the handshake line? "Sorry about the punch. I thought it was Janssen. You guys all look the same to me"

"I was just trying to clean my visor and my hand slipped". "Torts made me do it".

Amazing game, amazing atmosphere (and that was just from watching it on the internet). Bring on the Kings!!

I'm going on barely four hours of sleep...I want to watch the postgame and other stuff (taped all of it) but all I can listen to is Doc's final call. Even more than the stuff at the arena, that's what got me the closest to tears.

I kind of want to get an Eastern Conference t-shirt but the last time I got a non-Cup t-shirt (after winning the division in 2006) it didn't turn out so well after that. This run will be forever remembered whatever may come in the Finals though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

just love watching these fan made videos.. just gets me all pumped up.. keep them coming

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WUOPh_i8E9Q

Hey, that is a nice song! That would be cool if the Devils added it to their playlist, haha. I could imagine walking out of the arena while that song is blasting through the speakers, sort of like a last song of the night.

just love watching these fan made videos.. just gets me all pumped up.. keep them coming

Yeah it helps me too cause I was caught in between three different things, taking pictures/videos, texting my friends and celebrating with the people actually in the stands lol. Again, thank god for the five days in between, time to soak in this over the long weekend the way it deserves to be soaked up.

How satisfied is petey right now?!?! beating fla, the cheap shot flyers and the arrogant rags. i think we should keep deboer next year! :lol:

but for now, how do we make zids and harrold bigger, taller and heavier in 5 days???

you could make harrold turn into larsson.

you could make harrold turn into larsson.

Or Henrik Tallinder, although I don't really use "physical domination" and "Henrik Tallinder" in the same sentence often. He should be out there working his ass off the next few days. You never know.

So glad the Devils found a way to pull that one out last night...because the more I think about it, the more I think the Devils would've had a tough time winning Game 7. The Rangers really seemed to be dictating a lot of the play since the 3rd period of Game 4, despite the Devils winning all three games. But part of getting deep in the playoffs is finding ways to win the games where you get outplayed for significant stretches (we saw the Rangers do this throughout their run, and twice against the Devils).

I'm just so happy it's the RANGERS, the team I hate more than any other, that will spend the offseason lamenting their lost opportunity, that will spend that time wondering "What if?" over and over and over again. This would have been so painful if the Rangers had found a way to get it done in seven...especially with some of the eerie 1994-2012 Game 6 parallels. When the Devils were up 2-0 in this game, '94 was definitely on my mind, much as I didn't want it to be.

So glad the Devils found a way to pull that one out last night...because the more I think about it, the more I think the Devils would've had a tough time winning Game 7. The Rangers really seemed to be dictating a lot of the play since the 3rd period of Game 4, despite the Devils winning all three games. But part of getting deep in the playoffs is finding ways to win the games where you get outplayed for significant stretches (we saw the Rangers do this throughout their run, and twice against the Devils).

I'm just so happy it's the RANGERS, the team I hate more than any other, that will spend the offseason lamenting their lost opportunity, that will spend that time wondering "What if?" over and over and over again. This would have been so painful if the Rangers had found a way to get it done in seven...especially with some of the eerie 1994-2012 Game 6 parallels. When the Devils were up 2-0 in this game, '94 was definitely on my mind, much as I didn't want it to be.

When an ex-Soviet scored goal #1 and the captain scored goal #2 for the Rangers, I was like, c'mon, make it harder on the stupid journalists at least. Thankfully, they did.

and let's not forget going through the flyers in five too.

before the playoffs started, i never would have guessed we'd get through both of them to get to the finals.

When an ex-Soviet scored goal #1 and the captain scored goal #2 for the Rangers, I was like, c'mon, make it harder on the stupid journalists at least. Thankfully, they did.

The Post would have been even more unreadable than usual had the Rangers taken this one. Bleech.

Watching that goal again, still don't know what Girardi was doing circling behind the net and taking himself out of he play. That left Henrique opened to pot it in. That Doc call on the goal was perfect.

One Ranger I couldn't help but feel terrible for was Del Zotto. I couldn't imagine playing right after what happened with his family, and he had a couple tough games afterwords. I kept saying to myself...don't let him be the one screwing up. And on the final goal it was Girardi.

These blown leads really make the games painful to watch, but my goodness they make the end results so damn sweet. Both Henrique goals were truly special finishes.