GDT - February 3, 2014: 7:30pm Colorado Avalanche vs New Jersey Devils

Mike Brown

Well, a few days off here if you're going to fire Pete do it now as it'll give a nice excuse. I mean sooner or later Pete is going to pay for this. It'll almost have to happen. This is like Groundhog Day.

Sooner or later, Lamoriello will realize that no matter how hard they try, it's not going to happen for them. It's not their year. It's like quicksand the harder you fight the more you sink. They don't quit, but they just do not have enough. That's on Lamoriello as well, but he's got no one to keep him accountable so he's not going anywhere.

Now, if they don't watch out, it's going to become a culture if it hasn't crept in already. That'll be worse then anything.

Edited by TheRedStorm

who is accountable for this. something has to give

3 blown leads, 3 consecutive games. 2 points frittered away. this has to all fall on deboer

So of course we'll have Marty back in net for Edmonton, Loktionov will be scratched, we'll play 7 defensemen (Volch returns, Harrold), and Gionta will move up to the second line. Oh and Sestito will be recalled just for sh!ts and giggles.

See... I dont care that we are 2 or 4 points away from a playoffs spot. This team is proving weeks after weeks that they don't belong in the playoffs.

Everyone above them has games in hand, so it's not even like how far behind they are really matters.  Devils have to worry about winning fvcking games.

I can't give up on a team that's right there, with a goalie who's keeping them in games and is playing well, but just like Marty no longer stops enough pucks, the Devils don't score enough fvcking goals.  Yeah, they got a lot of rotten luck tonight, but the what the fvck else is new?  It's like they used up all of the positive luck they had in that 7-1 win over the Blues. 

Gotta win both games before the break now.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

No accountability on this team, this team doesn't even have a captain in my eyes, who is the leader? It's definitely not you know who.

I'd say it's Schneider. I usually don't like post game reactions such as the destroying of his goalie stick but this team needed to see that. At least someone on this team actually cares.

Not only did we have snow, but also my wife and I have decided not to go. It will almost certainly be a blowout in favor of the Devils.

lol they were 5-1 with three shutout wins (plus the Blues game) in games I wasn't at before tonight, so I was convinced this was going to be another shutout.  But the Devils' late game curse was stronger than my reverse jinx.

I'm exhausted don't know about you guys, I wish I could just shut hockey off in my mind.

I'm too pissed to sleep.  I'm just so fed up with it being such a fvcking fight for this team to score some fvcking goals. 

Now that i take a step back to look at it...Its fine that we lost, im sure we had great corsi stats and possession for this game, its all that matters.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I definitely don't want to hear about any of that crap tonight, even if it makes sense. 

This was clearly the best game played of the 3 - NJ hits 3 posts and generates tons of scoring chances besides and loses.  This wasn't a 19 shot game where NJ tried to play it in the neutral zone.  They had another dominant 3rd period where Colorado got maybe 1 scoring chance until the shift of death and then they can't clear the puck and it ends up in the goal.  Then things spiral out from there.  It's not DeBoer's fault at all.

I'd say it's Schneider. I usually don't like post game reactions such as the destroying of his goalie stick but this team needed to see that. At least someone on this team actually cares.

Yeah I lost it after this one. Still not fully calmed down. Three games in a row of this fvcking garbage will do that to you.

It would almost make this **** worth it if one of the beat writers had the nerve to ask Pete if three games qualified as a tendency, after his hissy fit the other night.

No, it would be worth it if one of our beat writers had the nerve to ask Lamoriello the tough questions, too.

Edited by TheRedStorm

Yeah, I definitely don't want to hear about any of that crap tonight, even if it makes sense. 

well just to be sure, i was 100% sarcastic lol it only shows that those stats that we're trying to hold on to just to feel better about our games are bullsh!t if you can't bury your chances.

well just to be sure, i was 100% sarcastic lol it only shows that those stats that we're trying to hold on to just to feel better about our games are bullsh!t if you can't bury your chances.

No, I caught the sarcasm. 

Yeah, they're doing a lot of things right, but they're only 3-3-3 in their last nine.  I'm trying to remain optimistic, because there ARE some good things happening, but damn this team just keeps finding ways to leave points on the table.  When does it end? 

Don't really know how people can turn this around on PDB. Should Gionta have been out there late? No, but a team of better finishers would have been up by at least three. All we could eek out was one goal. I say it all the time, DeBoer puts the players in position, he just can't shoot the puck for them