congrats to the 2013-14 Champs, the Kings

msweet

“This series was probably — I don’t want to say the easiest, but the least physical, demanding without a doubt. All the other series were more physical, they were tougher on the body. It was still a good series, but the other ones were tougher,” said Doughty.

via Puckdaddy

In other words, Drew Doughty is saying what we all already knew: the Rags are a fvcking pansy team.

“This series was probably — I don’t want to say the easiest, but the least physical, demanding without a doubt. All the other series were more physical, they were tougher on the body. It was still a good series, but the other ones were tougher,” said Doughty.

via Puckdaddy

In other words, Drew Doughty is saying what we all already knew: the Rags are a fvcking pansy team.

This is impulse. He had to say something, just in case anyone got the crazy idea that this was #1 vs. #2 playing for the title. i.e. He is saying that the Sharks, Ducks, and Blackhawks are all better than the Rangers and that the West is better than the East.  This is like when Richard Sherman said that the Broncos were not the 2nd best team after the Seahawks' SB victory and that the 49ers were instead.

I've just heard this little tid-bit of info.  Drew Doughty joins a legendary list players who have won at least 2 Gold Medals and 2 Stanley Cups.  The 8th player to do so.  Others on that list, Marty Brodeur, Scott Niedermayer, John Toews, Duncan Keith, Peter Forsberg, Slava Fetisov and Igor Larianov.  Quite nice company if I do say so myself. 

The best thing about that quote is that it should piss off Rag fans and get them all butthurt, since they run to tell anyone who will listen to them how 'close' a series it was and how LA wasn't THAT much better. Lmfao.

Not really. What he said was true. They're not a big physical team and don't boast the firepower the Kings faced in the other 3 rounds. But to say the series wasn't close doesn't make much sense.

When the Sharks faced the Kings, a lot of people knew these could be two of the top 3 teams in the league facing each other. There were two potential WCF in the 1st round. Maybe some Rangers fans get insulted but the West is a lot better than the East, and the Kings went through the gauntlet to get to the Finals. The Rangers were a pleasant surprise for them. Don't think what Doughty is saying is insulting at all.

I think 3 teams and fanbases should all be left shaking their head saying what if: The Sharks, The Bruins and The Blackhawks.

Edited by devilsrule33

I've just heard this little tid-bit of info.  Drew Doughty joins a legendary list players who have won at least 2 Gold Medals and 2 Stanley Cups.  The 8th player to do so.  Others on that list, Marty Brodeur, Scott Niedermayer, John Toews, Duncan Keith, Peter Forsberg, Slava Fetisov and Igor Larianov.  Quite nice company if I do say so myself. 

Four of them former Devils.

When the Sharks faced the Kings, a lot of people knew these could be two of the top 3 teams in the league facing each other. There were two potential WCF in the 1st round. Maybe some Rangers fans get insulted but the West is a lot better than the East, and the Kings went through the gauntlet to get to the Finals. The Rangers were a pleasant surprise for them. Don't think what Doughty is saying is insulting at all.

I think 3 teams and fanbases should all be left shaking their head saying what if: The Sharks, The Bruins and The Blackhawks.

Yea this. This wasn't a shot at the Rangers, Doughty was speaking off the cuff and giving the Kings' opponents in the West their due. I thought it was the honorable thing to do. Especially as a Niners fan I can relate. It was a nice gesture when after the SB, Sherman gave us props. In a way it was honor amongst enemies. It wasn't a shot at the Broncos, it was just kind of...well...the truth, just as in this case.

Four of them former Devils.

Woah now, Marty ain't no 'former Devil' just yet. :P

wow is right

as much as I want the Devils to win another Stanley Cup, I'm not looking forward to the parade in Newark

I'd love the parade in Newark.  Drive to South Orange, take a 10-minute ride to Newark and voila I'm there.  There's enough room in Championship Plaza for the stage and stuff so they wouldn't have to courdon off parking space the way they had to at the Meadowlands

I'd love the parade in Newark.  Drive to South Orange, take a 10-minute ride to Newark and voila I'm there.  There's enough room in Championship Plaza for the stage and stuff so they wouldn't have to courdon off parking space the way they had to at the Meadowlands

oh in that respect yeah it would be fine, I was talking about a possible embarrassing show of fans

I'm sure at the Prudential center there would be a nice gathering.... but not so much on the streets

oh in that respect yeah it would be fine, I was talking about a possible embarrassing show of fans

I'm sure at the Prudential center there would be a nice gathering.... but not so much on the streets

A parade is a parade. The turn-out for a parade in downtown Newark will encompass the people who are already downtown during those hours shopping (which is a real thing still, even if those people aren't majority white) as well as the quantity of Devils fans who turn up because it's their team's celebration. As long as it was done during a weekend when people didn't have to take off work to be there, I'd expect the turnout to be decent. 

People would turn up simply because it was an event going on in town (as long as there was adequate publicity). 20,000 people turned out for the Portugal Day Festival in the Ironbound and 10,000 show up for the Cherry Blossom Festival at Branch Brook Park. These are more localized events that happen annually. Something on the order of the Devils winning the Cup would bring people from over the state to show up. I'd be surprised if you didn't see about 100,000 people.

Hell, this is a photo of the 20,000 people who turned out for the X-factor auditions in Newark:

550w_x_factor_usa_nyc_7.jpg

A parade is a parade. The turn-out for a parade in downtown Newark will encompass the people who are already downtown during those hours shopping (which is a real thing still, even if those people aren't majority white) as well as the quantity of Devils fans who turn up because it's their team's celebration. As long as it was done during a weekend when people didn't have to take off work to be there, I'd expect the turnout to be decent. 

People would turn up simply because it was an event going on in town (as long as there was adequate publicity). 20,000 people turned out for the Portugal Day Festival in the Ironbound and 10,000 show up for the Cherry Blossom Festival at Branch Brook Park. These are more localized events that happen annually. Something on the order of the Devils winning the Cup would bring people from over the state to show up. I'd be surprised if you didn't see about 100,000 people.

Hell, this is a photo of the 20,000 people who turned out for the X-factor auditions in Newark:

550w_x_factor_usa_nyc_7.jpg

well...maybe you're right about a big turnout, Hopefully we'll see next June