GDT New Jersey Devils at Flyers

ZeroGravityFat

Was everyone here really that worried? The Devils won in regulation, scored 6, and there were no injuries. Clearly the Devils should have kept running Zach, Kovy, Elias and the other tops guys out there for top minutes in the 3rd to keep it 6-0 to appease everyone. I mean, the Flyers would NEVER try to injure our guys or cheap shot them after the whistle. :rolleyes:

At 6-4 with eight minutes to go and having only one shot all period you weren't worried then?! Clearly you have ice in your veins or didn't watch the third period.

This is one of those where you kick a hamper when it gets to 6-4 but now it's like who cares. The only thing out of this game that still annoys me is how a joke of a hockey player like Rinaldo's continually allowed (by the refs) to get away with cheap-shotting players. And hiding behind a teenager to let him fight and get his butt kicked by Kovy is as lame as anything Avery every pulled.

Yes most of the third period was due to not wanting to exert too much effort but when it got to 6-4 I would have liked to have seen them play a little better from that point on. That's the only part that actually annoyed me as far as the team play goes...Hedberg did bail us out a number of times from even getting it closer.

Insane 3rd period. Outshot 24-1?! But it's 2 points...2 beautiful, all-important points. And somehow this team is finding ways to accumulate them.

Two players are now averaging a point-per-game or better (Kovy and Elias). In Devil-land, this is a big deal.

In some ways this team reminds me a little of the '87-'88 team. That team had some talent on it, as this one does, but just like that '87-'88 team, this one has to fight for everything it gets.

And FINALLY Hedberg gets a friggin' start. Hope he gets some more here and there.

Insane 3rd period. Outshot 24-1?! But it's 2 points...2 beautiful, all-important points. And somehow this team is finding ways to accumulate them.

Two players are now averaging a point-per-game or better (Kovy and Elias). In Devil-land, this is a big deal.

In some ways this team reminds me a little of the '87-'88 team. That team had some talent on it, as this one does, but just like that '87-'88 team, this one has to fight for everything it gets.

And FINALLY Hedberg gets a friggin' start. Hope he gets some more here and there.

Yes aka Rangers, Tuesday.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Can't believe you guys are still whining after this win.. We won! Against a "better" team, at least on paper. Our best hockey of the season for 2 periods, hands down. Kovy is, as I've always said, a hockey-beast. He's managing a point pr game even playing for the Devs and on right wing.. <3

The refs allowed Philly to pull off every cheap shot in the book today, eventually causing the fight and a momentum shift in their favour.. How we end up on the PK after that incident is beyond me. Granted, we we're to defensive coming into the 3rd, but that period was a disgrace, more so for philly then the devs.. I seriously don't understand how anyone can be a fan of that team.

The Pens beat Boston today.. Tomorrow should be a lot of fun. :)

EDIT: Oh and btw, THAT was a proper fight for once that actually made sense. (Unlike the complete BS Jansen usually pulls off..)

Edited by njdevsftw

At 6-4 with eight minutes to go and having only one shot all period you weren't worried then?! Clearly you have ice in your veins or didn't watch the third period.

This is one of those where you kick a hamper when it gets to 6-4 but now it's like who cares. The only thing out of this game that still annoys me is how a joke of a hockey player like Rinaldo's continually allowed (by the refs) to get away with cheap-shotting players. And hiding behind a teenager to let him fight and get his butt kicked by Kovy is as lame as anything Avery every pulled.

Yes most of the third period was due to not wanting to exert too much effort but when it got to 6-4 I would have liked to have seen them play a little better from that point on. That's the only part that actually annoyed me as far as the team play goes...Hedberg did bail us out a number of times from even getting it closer.

I think the only reason I wasn't worried is because Moose was in net. I don't know why, but I just feel more confidence in this team when he's in there, as weird as that sounds. If Marty had been in net I probably would've been biting my nails and going, "Here we go again."