GDT: 10/5/09 Rangers @ Devils 7pm

njdevil26

What exactly would be the point of moving Elias? If Lou was gonna give up on this season and rebuild, don't you think he would have started that at the end of last season?

I'm loving all the Chicken Littles running around, though. Man, you'd think some of you people have never seen a losing streak before.

Rowdy, I'm not saying that the sky is falling just yet. However, you do have to admit that there is a lot of marginal talent on this roster.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly would be the point of moving Elias? If Lou was gonna give up on this season and rebuild, don't you think he would have started that at the end of last season?

I'm loving all the Chicken Littles running around, though. Man, you'd think some of you people have never seen a losing streak before.

Worst part is, this isn't even a losing streak. God help us if we can't pick up a couple of wins on the three game road trip.

If aimed at me, you aren't reading my posts. I didn't advocate moving him at all. In a subsequent post I even stated how it would be great to have him in the lineup NOW.

I simply said "I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved".

Edited by devilsadvoc8

Not to be breaking the Golden Rule -- but wow, there aren't a lot of hockey people on this board huh? It's very weird to me how frustrated and angry so many are. No one enjoyed stuff -- dont you love the inner workings of hockey? When they suck you get to see so much more!! and I have complete faith they're going to be growing. :noclue:

:unsure:

Is this a chick thing? Do I need a shot of testosterone to feel the hate?

I see no mistakes made by the organization beyond not doing this a hell of a lot sooner. I mean WHO did Lou purge??! What the heck is everyone talking about? Who could he have gotten?? blehhh whatever. I love the Devils and I'm quite the fan of Lemaire... I hope his balls are as big as he's claiming and solid brass unlike the hollow brass plated set Sutter had.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Rowdy, I'm not saying that the sky is falling just yet. However, you do have to admit that there is a lot of marginal talent on this roster.

They MUST allow themselves to LOOK marginal NOW -- otherwise they'll never grow and despite the Atlantic Division title you'll see how freaking MARGINAL they are come playoffs!

:argh:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Can we fire Lemaire now, or do we have to wait for this to completely fail first? My god he's a clown. Sutter is a douchebag, but at least he understands the game as it is played now... the part of the time where he's not rolling in a ball. so, at least half the time, we'd play the right game.

Torts' system + Lemaire's system = comedy ensues. Pitkawhatever on the PP when there's four defensemen capable of playing the point. lol. Andrew Peters. lol. fourth line taking offensive zone faceoffs. Parise being pulled off the ice after 4 seconds with the puck in the offensive zone because there's a TV timeout. nobody but Rob Nieds (hey, he looks like he's at least at a Madden 2008-09 level) dumping the puck in... EVER. defenseman that were perfectly capable of handling regular season hockey now look like complete retards. Cory Murphy tethered to the blueline when pinching and offensive play is his only useful trait as a player. Colin White, OTOH, not tethered.

possession in the zone with a minute left, no goalie pull. need Marty to make that big save, I guess.

Marty's stunk but we won games last season with Clemmer when he played worse than Marty, with essentially the same team (sans fourth liners but they shouldn't be playing anyway, they took 3 penalites and Peters is totally lost)

Edited by maxpower

Is this a chick thing? Do I need a shot of testosterone to feel the hate?

Nah, I kinda don't feel the hate. Only towards the retarded Ranger girl at the bottom of 209 who was probably drunk and was shouting at people on the way out. She also held up the section for 10/15 minutes while we were all trying to leave by spewing some garbage as any classy Ranger fan would.

Other than that, we really need a lot of work. Things are just mixed up and need to be sorted. No need to jump out a window. :noclue:

Can we fire Lemaire now, or do we have to wait for this to completely fail first? My god he's a clown. Sutter is a douchebag, but at least he understands the game as it is played now... the part of the time where he's not rolling in a ball. so, at least half the time, we'd play the right game.

Torts' system + Lemaire's system = comedy ensues. Pitkawhatever on the PP when there's four defensemen capable of playing the point. lol. Andrew Peters. lol. fourth line taking offensive zone faceoffs. Parise being pulled off the ice after 4 seconds with the puck in the offensive zone because there's a TV timeout. nobody but Rob Nieds (hey, he looks like he's at least at a Madden 2008-09 level) dumping the puck in... EVER. defenseman that were perfectly capable of handling regular season hockey now look like complete retards. Cory Murphy tethered to the blueline when pinching and offensive play is his only useful trait as a player. Colin White, OTOH, not tethered.

possession in the zone with a minute left, no goalie pull. need Marty to make that big save, I guess.

Marty's stunk but we won games last season with Clemmer when he played worse than Marty, with essentially the same team (sans fourth liners but they shouldn't be playing anyway, they took 3 penalites and Peters is totally lost)

very curious which game you watched tonight. was there another one on?

oh, I forgot, Parise on the point failed, so now we have Parise on the half-boards. that was brilliant strategy, I also liked calling the TO on the 5 on 3 to set up a point blast for Rolston.... WHEN THE RANGERS HAD TWO FREAKING FORWARDS AND ONE DEFENSEMAN ON THE ICE. yes, we must fear Brian Boyle's defenseman stylings. nah, don't work the puck down low, let goofy Rolston fire one ten miles wild.

3 forwards for a large part of that kill, and then still didn't work it down low.

So Paul Martin, a top-30 (maybe top-20) D-man in the NHL, is a worse player than two rookies with a combined six games under their belt?

For chrissake people, it's two games. TWO GODDAMN GAMES. Chill. You can't draw conclusions or extrapolate patterns based on two games. Step away from the keyboard, go to bed, and relax a bit.

Amen but anyone who has been around here for the past few seasons should know how panic happy this board is. Sadly it just gets worse and worse every season.

very curious which game you watched tonight. was there another one on?

what was wrong, which of Lemaire's glaring errors do I have wrong? the man is an awful regressive coach. go watch the replay later and tell me what exactly I had wrong. it's not even talking about the play (other then Niedermayer), it's talking about undeniable coaching mistakes.

I guess in your alternate universe we pulled the goalie with 1 minute left when we had possession deep.

you can pick the fair weather fans right out in this thread. devils were once bounce from tying and winning this game. at no point was there any advantage to either team. get over yourselves.

I thought they tried hard, their plan is awful though.

I refuse to believe any Jacques Lemaire team will remain this bad. But as long as they fail to so much as complete two passes in a row and Marty goes through his usual slow start post-lockout (last year was the abberation ironically enough) they're just not a very good team right now. And the vigil for a healthy Elias to return begins again the way it did in '05 :P

so we had two tough teams back to back to start the season. big deal. we can come right back with the floridas and one win in washington will get the swagger going and every bashing fan here will talk about how wonderful they are.

i also think lemaire and brodeur have a little scheme going on. brodeur is not touching any pucks around him and forcing the young defenders becoem accountable to prevent the collapse of last year. i like it. it will be rough for a bit but they will stop leaning on marty so much.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

what was wrong, which of Lemaire's glaring errors do I have wrong? the man is an awful regressive coach. go watch the replay later and tell me what exactly I had wrong. it's not even talking about the play (other then Niedermayer), it's talking about undeniable coaching mistakes.

I guess in your alternate universe we pulled the goalie with 1 minute left when we had possession deep.

Pitkawhatever on the PP when there's four defensemen capable of playing the point. lol.

this didn't happen.

fourth line taking offensive zone faceoffs

you're right, this is a huge mistake. are you honestly contending that the 4th line never take an offensive zone faceoff?

nobody but Rob Nieds (hey, he looks like he's at least at a Madden 2008-09 level) dumping the puck in... EVER.

uh, no? this is where i am not sure what game you watched, because in the one i watched, the PZL line was dumping the puck in way more than they did on saturday night.

this is worth 1/30th of a goal, but even so, the color commentator noted that lemaire is conservative with pulling the goalie.

Marty's stunk but we won games last season with Clemmer when he played worse than Marty, with essentially the same team

and this is just a terrible point. the devils were insanely lucky to win those games. you win when you give up 5 goals a very small percentage of the time, the devils did it 3 times last year, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do it once this year. and it is essentially the same team, except without the 2nd leading scorer on last year's team.

Ohhh, yeah, we do not like the same team. This is just the antithesis of all things Devils.

seriously -- Sutter started out like this then his balls receded up into his anal cavity and he played out the rest of the season saving face - getting the division title and leaving the team YET AGAIN completely unprepared for playoffs. Who wants that kind of hockey? It's so INSANE to me that you are advocating a dump and chase/trapping (they go hand in hand on the How the Devils Killed Hockey thesis - look it up) SKILLESS game and then blame "Lemaire's system" for the loss??? :blink: unless you mean Lemaire has a new system now - that works for me - he appears to be master of the Ineffable System -- which is better known to the general public as "Hockey"

Edited by Pepperkorn

Ohhh, yeah, we do not like the same team. This is just the antithesis of all things Devils.

seriously -- Sutter started out like this then his balls receded up into his anal cavity and he played out the rest of the season saving face - getting the division title and leaving the team YET AGAIN completely unprepared for playoffs. Who wants that kind of hockey? It's so INSANE to me that you are advocating a dump and chase/trapping (they go hand in hand on the How the Devils Killed Hockey thesis - look it up) SKILLESS game and then blame "Lemaire's system" for the loss??? :blink: unless you mean Lemaire has a new system now - that works for me - he appears to be master of the Ineffable System -- which is better known to the general public as "Hockey"

yes, dump/chase/forecheck/cycle. vanilla hockey, but effective when the best players on your team are suited to playing it.

they can try to be fancy and carry, it will get them nowhere. we should be so fearful of the Rangers defense, with two forwards posing as defensemen, that we don't try to get the puck in deep.

this didn't happen.

you're right, this is a huge mistake. are you honestly contending that the 4th line never take an offensive zone faceoff?

uh, no? this is where i am not sure what game you watched, because in the one i watched, the PZL line was dumping the puck in way more than they did on saturday night.

this is worth 1/30th of a goal, but even so, the color commentator noted that lemaire is conservative with pulling the goalie.

and this is just a terrible point. the devils were insanely lucky to win those games. you win when you give up 5 goals a very small percentage of the time, the devils did it 3 times last year, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do it once this year. and it is essentially the same team, except without the 2nd leading scorer on last year's team.

yes, Pitkawhatever wasn't the RW on the second PP unit. that guy wearing #17 sucking out the joint must have been Mike Rupp. how more conservative can you be with the pull when you have possession of the puck behind the net? and the Zajac line should dump the puck every time they have it unless they have a clear rush. why would you not want to punish the soft Rangers d?

are you advocating trying to win every game 2-1 and hoping Marty plays perfectly? my point was that we rolled an AHL goalie out there and Kevin "I'll spot you a goal" Weekes and won way more than we lost.

Eh, Devils have been right there play-wise in each game with their passing being horrible in both. Almost nobody wins when the passing stinks so it's surprising the Devils were able to be this competitive when they've been sending every pass into guys skates. They had the same problem last year at times, in fact every team does.

are you advocating trying to win every game 2-1 and hoping Marty plays perfectly? my point was that we rolled an AHL goalie out there and Kevin "I'll spot you a goal" Weekes and won way more than we lost.

So there were no times the team last twice in a row with those guys? Or were those times losing 2 in a row ok because it was the middle of the year and this is the start?

yes, Pitkawhatever wasn't the RW on the second PP unit. that guy wearing #17 sucking out the joint must have been Mike Rupp.

you implied he was on the point by making a logical leap. yes, he was out there. who are the 4 defensemen capable of playing on the power play, again? they're the equivalent of having pikkarainen out there on RW at D, at least mottau and probably oduya is.

how more conservative can you be with the pull when you have possession of the puck behind the net? and the Zajac line should dump the puck every time they have it unless they have a clear rush. why would you not want to punish the soft Rangers d?

no? where did i say i was. what i am saying is that both the team has to adapt to lemaire and lemaire has to adapt to the team, and that's going to take some time. you want lemaire fired after 2 games because the team isn't looking great, and that's simply an absurd contention.

Edited by Triumph