Which baseball team do you like?

sheeps

Which baseball team do you like?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which baseball team do you like?

• New York Yankees
    • New York Mets
    • Other

I was going to list seven other teams but we'd still need an "Other." PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VOTE FOR ANY TEAM IN OTHER! I'm just curious to see who you guys like. Just tell us which team in a post or even log in as a guest if you're embarassed about it :P

Personally I haven't been into baseball since middle school really, but want to get into it this year. I was a Red Sox fan through last year, but liking the Red Sox this year would just be boring. Besides the whole Yankees/Red Sox stupidity has really turned me off to BOTH teams. But I'd also like to like a team somewhat near me, so I'm going with the Mets. I know I'll get ridiculed for the decision but the gist of my decision is that I don't want to like the Yankees or the Red Sox and want to like a local team. There's nothing else to it, really, and I don't know basically anything about the team. Just something new for a change, really.

You gonna root for the Nationals Don?

Would you have rooted for Nashville if the Devils had moved?

Seriously, I gave up following baseball, like most Expo fans, at the last strike. Steroids may have brought people back in other ball parks, but not at the Big O.

Baseball has failed twice already in Washington, of course there was nowhere else in America to put them, but that area is already Orioles country, anything north of washington is already divided up by phillies, yankees, mets and red sox fans, south of maryland isn't really baseball territory but I've got to believe TBS and the Braves have a stronghold there. Same with anything west, it's got to be all pirates/indians/reds fans.

who's going to be a nationals fan?

As a kid I was a dyed in the wool Yankee fan. My family being from the Bronx it is a tradition. My grandpa used to work at Yankee Stadium, first as a ticket taker then worked his way up to clubhouse door. :D It was a part time job, he worked in the post office. He got canned though when they caught him selling comp tickets. :whistling:

I'm really not a baseball fan anymore so don't always root so enthusiastically for the Yanks. Tend to root for underdog teams like Minnesota and I have a dear friend from Wisconsin that is a die hard Brewers fan, so sometimes I root for them.

We have quite a few BoSox fans on the site, how come no Sox option? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking about it but it seemed silly...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to E$PN it wouldn't, everything is about the Red Sox Nation :doh1::lol:

Red Sox. Represent da Chowda! :evil:

Expos.

I bought an Expos cap online a couple weeks ago because I wanted to get one before they ran out.

Interestingly enough, their short-season single-A affiliate, the Vermont Expos of the New York-Penn League, will not be changing their name to the Nationals.

Not to E$PN it wouldn't, everything is about the Red Sox Nation  :doh1:   :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rob Neyer's completely unreadable statistics columns on espn.com.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you mean Rob Neyer's amazing statistics column on ESPN that is the future/present of how players are evaluated.