Photo

What's your prized devils collection look like?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 Scott O

Scott O

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image

Who was using that Easton [S17?] with the huge curve (7th from left)?

#42 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:38 PM

Artist's Proof. But I forgot, Fazzino uses another term for it. There were 2 versions of that Devils piece. One was signed by Brodeur and was numbered out of 250 I believe....

mine is numbered 3/250 and is signed by the artist
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#43 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:02 PM

mine is numbered 3/250 and is signed by the artist

nicceee

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#44 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

Who was using that Easton [S17?] with the huge curve (7th from left)?

Rolston
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#45 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

Grow a pair and bend the goddamned brim.

I'm with you on that, although I think we might be from a different era.

Here is a link to the collection...Enjoy!

http://community.web...user/TwinDevils

It looks like you covered every inch of that room! Even though it looks like a hot mess, I'm a fan of it. I really like the regular stuff you have -- posters, newspaper clippings, etc.

I had a giant box filled with newspaper clippings from a couple of the Devils Cup runs as well as some other playoff series, but unfortunately I lost the whole thing in a flood a couple of years ago. I had hoped to someday get it all organized so I could show it off. It still makes me a bit sad thinking about it.

Still, though, I have a lot of other Devils stuff saved up but no room yet in which to put it all on display. Hopefully some day ...

#46 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

It looks like you covered every inch of that room! Even though it looks like a hot mess, I'm a fan of it. I really like the regular stuff you have -- posters, newspaper clippings, etc.

I had a giant box filled with newspaper clippings from a couple of the Devils Cup runs as well as some other playoff series, but unfortunately I lost the whole thing in a flood a couple of years ago. I had hoped to someday get it all organized so I could show it off. It still makes me a bit sad thinking about it.

Still, though, I have a lot of other Devils stuff saved up but no room yet in which to put it all on display. Hopefully some day ...

I made a collage out of newspaper clippings when the Devils won the cup in 95...gotta see if I still have it in there. Probably even contains embarrassing "artwork" as well. I always joke that the painting of Devils logos at the top of the escalator in the one entry tower looks like my notebook from 7th grade.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#47 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:14 AM

i posted a nice lil topic about devils memorabilia and it got deleted for no reason(that i know of).... for the few that liked that cap i had.. i got it from ecap city.com .. that was 2 years ago though. i guess i have one collectable that none of you can get =) i will glady trade it!!!!! Posted Image

#48 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:21 AM

i posted a nice lil topic about devils memorabilia and it got deleted for no reason(that i know of).... for the few that liked that cap i had.. i got it from ecap city.com .. that was 2 years ago though. i guess i have one collectable that none of you can get =) i will glady trade it!!!!! Posted Image

Not deleted, it got moved to here: thread

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#49 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

Not deleted, it got moved to here: thread

oh nice.. to somewhere no one can reply to.. thanks! i thought it was a good topic. to each their own... =)

#50 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:11 AM

Now you know that it wasn't that a good topic ; )

#51 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

Sorry about missing the topic question in the support area. I was out of town until tonight because of vacation. The Hall of Fame was locked down because of people bumping old topics with irrelevant spam.

This topic is now back in Hell.

#52 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

Here's a link to my hockey shrine. It's not all, but mostly Devils though. B )

http://rockola.shutterfly.com/

Edited by Rock, 04 January 2010 - 07:57 PM.

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#53 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

Whoa, that is a pretty expansive collection!

#54 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

Sorry about missing the topic question in the support area. I was out of town until tonight because of vacation. The Hall of Fame was locked down because of people bumping old topics with irrelevant spam.

This topic is now back in Hell.

I didn't know to look there. I missed it too.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#55 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

That's an awesome collection. How long did it take you to get all of that?
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#56 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

thanks! Its pretty well covered but it is nice to just sit and look around!

My Brodeur Game Worn / Used Collection http://www.flickr.co...56946@N06/sets/

#57 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

so when i was 8 or so I went to a skate they had where all the Devils were signing autographs (at South Mountain). Not sure if my parents had to pay an admission or something but we were given a set of trading cards sponsored by Carretta Trucking and I got the autograph of each Devil on the team (at least I think). Some day I'll scan all the cards in but the players I have are:

2 Joe Cirella
3 Ken Daneyko
5 Tom Kurvers
6 Craig Wolanin
7 Jack O'Callahan
8 David Malley
9 Kirk Muller
10 Aaron Broten
11 Brendan Shanahan
14 Jim Korn
15 John MacLean
16 Pat Verbeek
17 Patrik Sundstrom
18 Steve Rooney
19 Claude Loiselle
20 Anders Carlsson
24 Doug Brown
25 Perry Anderson
26 Tommy Albelin (no trading card, just his autograph on an index card)
27 Randy Velischek
28 Bob Sauve
31 Craig Billington (same as Albelin, just an index card)
32 Pat Conacher
HC Jim Schoenfeld

Non Devils autographs that I have in my oldddd book are Gordie Howe, Rod Gilbert, a few old Hartford Whalers (a kid I played with growing up, his dad worked for the Whalers) and a bunch of the 1990 New York Giants'. The Giants auto's came from a charity basketball thing that my dad MC'd, he kept announcing the Giants as the New Jersey Giants.

#58 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:30 PM

That's an awesome collection. How long did it take you to get all of that?

Bits and pieces here and there I started with the 8X10's of the Hall of Famers in the early '90's. (Sports card shows were very big. I didn't take pictures of them, but I got binders of hockey cards from that era.) Then the Devils started winning Stanley Cups and of course I had to get all those collectables. Some from South Mountain during training camps, a good portion from the Devils fan club dinners, where I also won some stuff. Ie The Marty rookie card and the Brylin puck. I got the Parise and the Zajac 8X 10's from NHL auctions. By going to a lot of Devil games gave me a lot of posters. I hadn't had the time or room to have them framed. B )
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#59 CaptainKirkMuller

CaptainKirkMuller

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

There are some other great Devils collections out there of people of haven't posted, haven't taken pictures and a select few who do not wish to share them. I saw an incredible Chicago Blackhawk's "Man Cave" that really really went above and beyond my expectations without featuring ONE game worn piece. At the end of the interview the guy said he wanted a Toews game worn to hang on his wall, but they were $10,000. His wife looked like she was having a stroke at that thought and again when he said, "but, a Duncan Keith is priced reasonably at $1750." I tried looking for the guys room on You Tube with no luck, but it is AWESOME.

This you tube video of another Hawks room is quite cool (I know it isn't Devils related, but pretty neat). Check out 1:40 seconds in ( ). Sure reaching into a refrig is easier, but... that is quite cool... I mean awesome. I'd put "rut beer" (root beer) in mine in honour of the Hanson Brothers saying "...and none of that stinkin' Rut Beer." Ah classic.

#60 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

I finally got around to posting pictures of some of my favorite items. I have tons of other signed pictures, posters, pucks, bobbleheads and random items that I did not feel like digging out. Most of it is not currently "displayed". I am in the process of figuring out how I will do it. One day I will have a ridiculous "Devils" den displaying all of my items in a sort of timeline fashion. Until then, a good chunk of them will be safely stored away. My pictures are HERE
The "Devils Memorabilia" album is various non game used items. The "Devils Game Used/Worn Memorabilia" album is just that; game used and worn stuff. I also have some non Devils stuff listed in the "Assorted Memorabilia" category...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users