can we talk about sean avery and dancing with the stars?

Weekes Head

Dancing With the Stars has rounded up another eclectic cast of celebrity characters for Season 18.

Competing on the show, which kicks off March 17 (ABC, 8 p.m.): Two Olympic ice dancing darlings (Charlie White and Meryl Davis), three singers (including Billy Dee Williams), former child TV stars from The Wonder Years and Full House, a double amputee snowboarding champ, a former pro hockey player, distance swimmer Diana Nyad, reality star NeNe Leakes and comedian Drew Carey.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/03/04/dancing-with-the-stars-unveils-season-18-cast/5981855/

puke.

he's dancing with a chick - they had lance bass on it once and it created a huge stink because people wondered if HE would dance with a dude or not. oh...and chaz bono did it once too i think. it's quite a gay-friendly show so maybe seany will feel comfortable enough to show his true, erm, colors.

Grow up. He was a prick when he was in the league but now that he's "retired" who cares? The guy is straight, and I bet he pulls some pretty high end tail. And if he was gay (because if you're into the fashion business and a guy, then you must be gay, sarcasm) who cares there either?

Grow up. He was a prick when he was in the league but now that he's "retired" who cares? The guy is straight, and I bet he pulls some pretty high end tail. And if he was gay (because if you're into the fashion business and a guy, then you must be gay, sarcasm) who cares there either?

uhhh. I'll take this one guys. .

He came out like last year dude

• Like 2

Huh, did not know that.  I too thought he officially came out.  Fun fact of the day right there.

He never came out but he joked about the rumor.  The rumor started because he posted of a photo of him and his friend together and people on twitter/FB and the rest of the internets just assumed he was gay.

Is that show still on? Is he going to just stand in front of his partner yelling at them, or is he going to try to actually try to 'play his position'? Maybe he'll just take a dive first time out. LOL, 

look, if sean avery wants to be gay good for him. he's still a douchebag and i hope he gets sent packing day one on the show. i just wonder what sort of antics he'll bring or if he'll be talking himself up as a "former nhl star" rather than whatever he's doing in fashion now...lol.

it's still kind of cool that hockey is being represented. this show is notorious for grabbing nfl and nba stars (i dont know if any baseball players have ever been on it) - so its still SOMETHING...even if its sean fvckin' avery.

look, if sean avery wants to be gay good for him. he's still a douchebag and i hope he gets sent packing day one on the show. i just wonder what sort of antics he'll bring or if he'll be talking himself up as a "former nhl star" rather than whatever he's doing in fashion now...lol.

it's still kind of cool that hockey is being represented. this show is notorious for grabbing nfl and nba stars (i dont know if any baseball players have ever been on it) - so its still SOMETHING...even if its sean fvckin' avery.

So if Avery is on the show, who is the former NHL star going to be? It'll be cool to have two hockey players on the show.

Edited by PuckDon't Lie

Richard Gere and Tom Cruise got married too.

:giggle:

I think calling him a "former NHL star" is a huge injustice to ACTUAL "former NHL stars"

Guy was a complete joke when he was in the league

So if Avery is on the show, who is the former NHL star going to be? It'll be cool to have two hockey players on the show.

LMAO

Oh I can probably write out his comments right now.

He'll go on about what hard work it is - either saying

"You know, being on the Rangers taught me how to train and be competitive under pressure and I'm prepared - I really feel ready to take on dance."

or

"All my years as an NHL star didn't train me for this.  I mean this lady here really gives me a work out. I thought I knew what real hard physical work was -- but this is just crazy. I don't think any of my former teammates could hack this."

his dance partner will be tougher than any coach he worked with and in better shape than any of his former teammates.

He's ready to win this - he doesn't accept second place.

He will NOT mention the Stanley Cup because he never won one, unless it's to say this trophy would be better. 

I'd wager he'll talk about the Rangers rather than the NHL.

I'm sure we'll hear various version of  "I'm going to give Derrick a run for his money.  I'm here to win this!"

It will be interesting to see if he throws a staged fit during rehearsals - you always think he's grown up but he just has it in his head that being shocking is the way to market himself. It will be interesting to see if he learned anything since entering the workforce.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Oh I can probably write out his comments right now.

He'll go on about what hard work it is - either saying

"You know, being on the Rangers taught me how to train and be competitive under pressure and I'm prepared - I really feel ready to take on dance."

or

"All my years as an NHL star didn't train me for this.  I mean this lady here really gives me a work out. I thought I knew what real hard physical work was -- but this is just crazy. I don't think any of my former teammates could hack this."

his dance partner will be tougher than any coach he worked with and in better shape than any of his former teammates.

He's ready to win this - he doesn't accept second place.

He will NOT mention the Stanley Cup because he never won one, unless it's to say this trophy would be better. 

I'd wager he'll talk about the Rangers rather than the NHL.

I'm sure we'll here various version of  "I'm going to give Derrick a run for his money.  I'm here to win this!"

It will be interesting to see if he throws a staged fit during rehearsals - you always think he's grown up but he just has it in his head that being shocking is the way to market himself. It will be interesting to see if he learned anything since entering the workforce.

Bingo PK, just like when supermodels bitch about how hard and tough working conditions they have on a swimsuit shoot!