Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you agree with Lou's jersey policy. But I truly think he's going overboard here, and making too big a deal out of this. lol

I thought this was a joke until I saw that you posted it. How is Lou the one who is out of line? The NHL is the one going overboard with these gimmicks.

I thought this was a joke until I saw that you posted it. How is Lou the one who is out of line? The NHL is the one going overboard with these gimmicks.

Because it's just a jersey.  The league isn't making the team do anything outregious here.

Some new retro themed/Stadium Series hats available at THE DEN tonight!

Yep.  If the Den wasn't so damn expensive, I would have gotten one.

Because it's just a jersey. The league isn't making the team do anything outregious

The league isn't making them do anything. They won't be wearing a chrome logo. I don't know how many times I need to tell you, it was announced months ago that they'll be wearing the original red and green jersey. And don't start with that "crest and jersey" siht. What was reported was that they are wearing the original jersey, not the original red and green jersey template. To most people, a different crest makes it a different jersey. And It's much more than just a jersey, it's a tradition and an identity. We're not the Rangers. We're not the flyers. It means something to put these sweaters on, as much as you get a hard on for buying jerseys. It is entirely outrageous for the NHL to mandate clubs to do anything like that, and Lou is sticking to his convictions, valuing tradition first.

Because it's just a jersey.  The league isn't making the team do anything outregious here.

Yep.  If the Den wasn't so damn expensive, I would have gotten one.

They are going to be the same price anywhere you find them

I got a Reebok winter hat that was $25, with my whopping 10% STH discount it was $22.50

I believe my buddy said it was $24 in the NHL store in NYC

For the record, they do not ask for proof of being a STH for that 10% off...a word to the wise

The league isn't making them do anything. They won't be wearing a chrome logo. I don't know how many times I need to tell you, it was announced months ago that they'll be wearing the original red and green jersey. And don't start with that "crest and jersey" siht. What was reported was that they are wearing the original jersey, not the original red and green jersey template. To most people, a different crest makes it a different jersey. And It's much more than just a jersey, it's a tradition and an identity. We're not the Rangers. We're not the flyers. It means something to put these sweaters on, as much as you get a hard on for buying jerseys. It is entirely outrageous for the NHL to mandate clubs to do anything like that, and Lou is sticking to his convictions, valuing tradition first.

It's not outrageous at all when you consider how this is affecting the Devils financially.  The revenue all the teams are gonna get from these games makes simply wearing a different jersey not that big of a deal.

It's not outrageous at all when you consider how this is affecting the Devils financially. The revenue all the teams are gonna get from these games makes simply wearing a different jersey not that big of a deal.

I don't think our clubs traditions are worth selling out. Besides, it doesn't seem wearing a chrome logo was some kind of stipulation in participating in this game, so it doesn't matter.

They are going to be the same price anywhere you find them

I got a Reebok winter hat that was $25, with my whopping 10% STH discount it was $22.50

I believe my buddy said it was $24 in the NHL store in NYC

For the record, they do not ask for proof of being a STH for that 10% off...a word to the wise

what do you just tell them that you are a sth and they give you the discount?.. with my luck i will try that and they will ask for some form of sth i.d.

what do you just tell them that you are a sth and they give you the discount?.. with my luck i will try that and they will ask for some form of sth i.d.

I actually forgot to mention it at first and the lady goes "Are you a Season Ticket Holder?"  I said yes and she gave me the discount

But there is no official STH ID card or something so there is really no way they can even try to ask for proof

I actually forgot to mention it at first and the lady goes "Are you a Season Ticket Holder?"  I said yes and she gave me the discount

But there is no official STH ID card or something so there is really no way they can even try to ask for proof

damnnn im trying this next time i go to the den!

The red/green was an underrated design and color combo in it's day and too many "purists" hated it. Today, they'd probably be more accepted especially as the league's color pallet has expanded. Personally, I think a lot of the dislike came from the fact the Devils were a bad to average-ish team for the majority of the time they wore it.

FWIW...I can not stand when today's fans refer to them as "Christmas tree" jerseys. It's incredibly annoying. For example, no one calls the Flyer's jerseys "Halloween" or the Wild "Christmas Tree" as a common moniker. 

lol I always thought of the Flyers as highway cones... or their current ones that look like a patchwork of previous designs with a wrong-color nameplate

"@ChrisBottaNHL: Should be an announcement on music at NHL Yankee Stadium games soon.  Cee Lo Green one possible performer."

Haha yeah the NHL certainly knows their fans. :rolleyes:

haha Don't like him, but I don't mind Cee Lo Green as long as he's a secondary or tertiary act; he's no Miley or One Direction. There's so many legendary bands and singers they can get from NJ or NY though, I hope we get something really special.

Edited by DJ Eco

Awesome wallpaper BCdevil! I'm using this too now, thanks!

My pleasure.  I just noticed that the red in the logo looks a little funky at times when it's compressed.  Let me know if it is showing up that way for anyone on here and I will try to fix it and post a new version.

I actually put the ice background on posterboard and had a few guys sign it after the morning skate on Saturday.  Ryder and DeBoer both said that they thought it was nice.

Edited by BCdevil

"@ChrisBottaNHL: Should be an announcement on music at NHL Yankee Stadium games soon.  Cee Lo Green one possible performer."

Haha yeah the NHL certainly knows their fans. :rolleyes:

Terrible

I was hoping to see Bruce, hell I would even take Bon Jovi

Billy Joel?!?!

I think I am dreaming now...