Henrique re-signed. 6 years, 24 million.

brodeur14301991

I don't think anyone can doubt that those two series clinching goals bumped him another million a year.

I don't think Henrique would sign a contract for 6 years and 18 million dollars, it doesn't make very much sense.  UFA 3rd liners are going to be making an average of $3M per soon.

very glad to see him signed to a long contract i like henrique alot.. and i think in a couple years as stated abouve when he is really in his prime this could even end up being a little bit of a bargain.. lets just hope he doesnt end up as useless as zajac as been...

very glad to see him signed to a long contract i like henrique alot.. and i think in a couple years as stated abouve when he is really in his prime this could even end up being a little bit of a bargain.. lets just hope he doesnt end up as useless as zajac as been...

How can Zajac be "useless" when he hasn't played game one of his new contract extension yet?

How can Zajac be "useless" when he hasn't played game one of his new contract extension yet?

What does having played any games while being on his extension have to do with his performance... there is no argument that travis zajac hadn't done much last season... just so happened to be after he signed that extension. ... he hadnt produced much of anything last season when he was depended on to do so.. he got a big contract extension that doesnt look good for his level of prodcution. Again which is why i said lets hope he doesnt end up being useless as zajac has been for us since hes resigned...

What does having played any games while being on his extension have to do with his performance... there is no argument that travis zajac hadn't done much last season... just so happened to be after he signed that extension. ... he hadnt produced much of anything last season when he was depended on to do so.. he got a big contract extension that doesnt look good for his level of prodcution. Again which is why i said lets hope he doesnt end up being useless as zajac has been for us since hes resigned...

I think you're trying to corelate Zajac signing the extension during his existing contract as some type of "quasi-year" of that new extension. Fact is, Zajac had a bad year before the extension kicked in, while if Henrique has a bad year he'll do so under a new contract. The only thing that matters is what Zajac, like Henrique, does from this year forward as they are both on long term deals with 9 million tied between them.

Edited by TheRedStorm

I think you're trying to corelate Zajac signing the extension and his bad year as a "quasi-year" of his new contract. The only thing that matters is what Zajac, like Henrique, does from this year forward as they are both on long term deals with 9 million tied between them.

I'm not trying to correlate* his performance with his extension.. I'm not saying he has been sucky because of the extension.. i simply stated that his performance has not been worth the terms of his new contract, and that hopefully the same thing does not happen to henrique..as I've already stated i think it could end up being a pretty good deal for the team (contract wise) once adam hits his prime.

i simply stated that his performance has not been worth the terms of his new contract,

Again, Zajac was not performing under the terms of his new contract extension in 12-13. If we was then i'd agree 100%. He hasn't played a game under his new extension yet, so you can't say he's not worth the terms. You're trying to corelate a bad year under an old contract to an extension that hasn't begun yet.

Edited by TheRedStorm

Again, Zajac was not performing under the terms of his new contract extension in 12-13. If we was then i'd agree 100%. He hasn't played a game under his new extension yet, so you can't say he's not worth the terms. You're trying to corelate a bad year under an old contract to an extension that hasn't begun yet.

Im not sure why you keep trying to argue with me that zajac has been sucky and although he hasn't started his new extension yet.. if he continues to play the way he's performed he will not be worth the new extension he has gotten.. theres really no argument there so I'm done going back and forth with you.. this thread is about henrique not zajac i made one comparison in hopes that he doesn't fall off as zajac seems to have this past season... Jesus Christ some people will just argue with you to argue.. now back to henrique being that this thread is about him not zajac.
  • Like 1

Im not sure why you keep trying to argue with me that zajac has been sucky and although he hasn't started his new extension yet.. if he continues to play the way he's performed he will not be worth the new extension he has gotten.. theres really no argument there so I'm done going back and forth with you.. this thread is about henrique not zajac i made one comparison in hopes that he doesn't fall off as zajac seems to have this past season... Jesus Christ some people will just argue with you to argue.. now back to henrique being that this thread is about him not zajac.

It's the fact that you worded it as if you were mad that he's not living up to a contract he's not playing under. Everyone agrees that Zajac had a sub par year last year, but that year was not played under his new deal, thus making it impossible for him to have not lived up to our expectations for that contract.

It's like saying a movie sucked before you're done seeing the previews.

It's the fact that you worded it as if you were mad that he's not living up to a contract he's not playing under. Everyone agrees that Zajac had a sub par year last year, but that year was not played under his new deal, thus making it impossible for him to have not lived up to our expectations for that contract.

It's more like saying the sequel is going to suck because part 1 wasn't very good.

• Like 1

It's more like saying the sequel is going to suck because part 1 wasn't very good.

thank you.. because i guess no matter how many times i try to say it its not coming out clear anough to understand. ... for all we know zajacs new contract could start and he could be awesome and everything we could hope for out of him and more.. obviously were all hoping he picks it up.. i AGAIN simply stated that so far the way that hes been performing if he continues on that slump *then he will not be* worth the terms of his extension.

Your argumentation is meaningless. Zajac signed a new contract and has not played particularly well since then. The exact date of when his new salary kicks in is obviously completely irrelevant to the point Sik02gt was making. Unless you are trying to make a case for Zajac underperforming on purpose for the duration of his previous terms.

This Zajac discussion isn't that meaningful, I think everyone knows what everyone was trying to say, so to DM I say, Swift Justice, Please!

Either way, I'm glad to see Lou betting on players when he can.  I'm hoping for a similar contract for Larsson if he does well next season, maybe with an extra year and little less money.