Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Ville Leino got a monster contract based on about the same amount of time. I'd think he could easily get 4/16 or maybe 5/25 from a desperate team 

as for Mueller, if Lou didn't go after him last year, I dunno why he'd change this year 

I was saying that Brunner would get more, but I guess that was unclear.  If he gets 4 years, it won't be for $10M.

Mueller is a better fit this year because Clarkson is gone.

if i could wish i'd like to have clowe and roy or grabovski.  but i think the money is not there before we trade someone of our d. (tallinder, volchenkov, salvador)

Bob Mckenzie is guessing that we're getting Clowe

Ray Emery in PHI; Nathan Horton in CBJ; Ryane Clowe in NJ. But lots of intrigue, shouldn't be long after 12 noon that signings get done.

and Hockey360 is reporting that they think Clarkson will be back in NJ. (that after being saying for weeks that they were hearing Toronto would get him)

Edited by SterioDesign

Bob Mckenzie is guessing that we're getting Clowe

Ray Emery in PHI; Nathan Horton in CBJ; Ryane Clowe in NJ. But lots of intrigue, shouldn't be long after 12 noon that signings get done.

and Hockey360 is reporting that they think Clarkson will be back in NJ. (that after being saying for weeks that they were hearing Toronto would get him)

All signs point to Clowe coming here but I've come to grips that Clarkson's a goner, no way he's coming back...

My rule of thumb is I'd you hear rumors of players to NJ dismiss it. Lou always goes off the radar and hates things going public

This free agency period is different from all others.  Rumors cannot be dismissed - if Clowe and NJ talked, someone might know.

This free agency period is different from all others.  Rumors cannot be dismissed - if Clowe and NJ talked, someone might know.

I think the new interview period is going to throw out a lot more rumours and it’s going to make it a lot harder for teams who like their business kept private (like the Devils).

With some player’s agents speaking with multiple teams, it’s going to be very difficult to keep all the conversations private.

Wow after months of trying to convince their captain Alfredson not to retire. He decide not to... then sign with the Red Wings... mind = blown

Not yet, but Detroit is in the mix: @TSNBobMcKenzie: Most intriguing dance of day is Daniel Alfredsson and whether he remains in OTT. Lots of nervous folks in OTT with DET and BOS still in mix.

Whoa McKenzie just dropped that Henrique could get an offer sheet

well we kinda knew that. Its the perfect time for some teams to send offer sheets since the cap is going down and all

let's just hope Henrique is loyal and simply wouldnt sign it and fvck us over. The lack of reports about them even talking with Henrique's agent is somewhat scary though

Edited by SterioDesign

well we kinda knew that. Its the perfect time for some teams to send offer sheets since the cap is going down and all

let's just hope Henrique is loyal and simply wouldnt sign it and fvck us over. The lack of reports about them even talking with Henrique's agent is somewhat scary though

Lou said contract talks were on going with Henrique earlier this week. He also claims he'd match any offer sheet, but someone may threw wacky money i don't know if he would.

If it's good enough, he should sign it loyalty be damned. He could blow out his knee next year and never get paid. 

Horton to Columbus could be first announcement today according the Hockey Central.

I'm like reeeeeally nervous about Columbus next year, they've suddenly become contenders overnight, in my opinion. Not excited about them joining the East this season...

Is anyone hearing Jagr rumors?  I have a historically maniacal friend who keeps texting me we are closing in on Jags...

Anyone else hear/see this?!?!?

Odin, I hope not.   Jagr is washed up and it was painful watching him in the playoffs.  He is two or three strides behind everyone else, and is injury prone.    PASS, let someone with more potential develop

Odin, I hope not.   Jagr is washed up and it was painful watching him in the playoffs.  He is two or three strides behind everyone else, and is injury prone.    PASS, let someone with more potential develop

Agree... I noticed that in the 2011-2012 playoffs with Philly and this year was even worse... Hope we stay away. In fact, I hope he has a "triumphant return" to the Rangers haha..