Devils reacquire Arnott from Nashville

reefgeek

I guess a better question would be are there any active players from the 1995 team that aren't gonna be back on the Devils next season?

Arnott wasn't on the '95 team. Like the move, esp if we sink Pando to the minors. Love the Rolston for Finger idea, but Rolly has a NTC. I can dream though.

Like the move myself. How is his faceoff %?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arnott wasn't on the '95 team. Like the move, esp if we sink Pando to the minors. Love the Rolston for Finger idea, but Rolly has a NTC. I can dream though.

Like the move myself. How is his faceoff %?

That's right. I was thinking 2000. My bad.

BRING BACK JEFF FRIESEN!!!!! :lol:

Seriously I like the move... we actually have 2 CENTERS now... this is nice.... hopefully he gets Elias' head out of his ass too in the playoffs and it's a one maybe two year filler guy.... it's not a bad thing

Still now all we need to do is ditch Langen-ginnaer, and we're all good???

(and some defensive help too)

i like this trade because he is a real center not a winger being asked to play a center, and hopefully this will help elias get started. i also think this is not the only trade that is going to be happening with the devils, at least i hope so

BRING BACK JEFF FRIESEN!!!!! :lol:

Seriously I like the move... we actually have 2 CENTERS now... this is nice.... hopefully he gets Elias' head out of his ass too in the playoffs and it's a one maybe two year filler guy.... it's not a bad thing

Still now all we need to do is ditch Langen-ginnaer, and we're all good???

(and some defensive help too)

Get rid of Langs and Rolston.

Let Martin walk.

Sign Kovy and Kaberle.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

I too like Arnott and hope this move works out. I'm just thinking we should be getting younger.

Mike

I've been the biggest Arnott fan my entire life. I grew up idolizing him.

Quite frankly, I don't give a fvck if we gave up too much for him, and I don't give a fvck if he's overpaid. He's my all-time favorite Devil, and he's back. I've got a tear in my eye.

This,this is what I wanna hear.

Edited by Devs3cups

Like the move. Even if he falls out of the plane and breaks his leg, the Devils won't be worse off. I can't see Halischuk being anything more than a body. A second round pick I can take or leave.

I also assume that it won't affect other acquisitions. That is, I imagine what they're going to offer Martin, Kovy is already set, and that Arnott's cap hit takes that into account.

This signing can also mean that Lou is holding onto Arnotts 4.5mil for Parise next year.

I like to think of it this way, because that's about the kind of money over a long-term contract that (added to the ~3.3 he is currently making) should lock up Parise for us. So for all those lamenting the fact that this kills our chances for free agents, I would have to side with Lou that this really has no bearing on it as the 4.5 million is already tied up for many years to come it just happens to be on hold this season. In essence the only thing that changes is we won't be able to make any OTHER 1 year signings now :noclue: .

I personally LOVE ... LOVE! this signing. Yes, we get older, yes this reeks of nostalgic motivation, but it also is exactly what we needed. We needed a strong voice of leadership in the locker room, we needed a big bodied center that can play offensive from that position and win some draws regularly, and most of all we needed someone who role was clearly defined as THE 2nd LINE CENTER. If that had been Elias this year (as it most likely would've been) then it's another year of Elias the LW emergancy Center, sometimes RW with the revolving door 3rd line mate and that opens the door to the rest of the line juggling. This really solidifies our scoring lines and give Josefson the chance to ease his way into the lineup by playing on the 3rd line.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Arnott-Clarkson

Rolston-Josefson-Zubrus

The fourth line could really be ANYBODY but I would figure it will most likely feature Pandolfo a cheap good defensive center and some random who is good 2 way player so I think it isn't unreasonable to think this could be it:

Pandolfo-McAmmond-Zharkov

Those are some really nice forwards lines.

The defense ... well that leaves something (or in this case a lot of things) to be desired

Edited by brickwall30