STH Autograph Day

Bonginator11

Anyone else who went thought this thing was a train wreck like I did? I was 15th in line for my wristband group (Kinkaid, Harrold, Gionta, Schneider) and went straight to the Jagr over flow line. I got my autograph but that's all I had time for. What people were doing was just going straight for the overflow line first of people they wanted and then going back at the end using their wristband and going straight to the front of the line. I'm usually not a complainer but I thought the event was poorly done.

Btw Jagr really didn't seem like he wanted to be there lol. Didn't even say hi. Still love the guy though and am thankful for his contributions to the team. Schneider remembered me from the ticket pickup photo I had with him. Such a class act.

Edited by Bonginator11

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to get through 3 of the lines and get 11 autographs. This may sound like a lot, but in past years I've managed to get even more in half the time. Don't know why they overcomplicated things. When it's just one guy per table, I can just get the guys I need/want, but when done like this (4 per table), I end up waiting in line just to get one guy out of a group of four, which is just a waste of everyone's time. Plus, I may be taking the space in line of someone who may want a certain guy (Gionta) and can't get them because I'm in line to get someone else at the same table (Cory). I just don't get it. It screams change for the sake of change. Also, why would they tell everyone to park in the parking deck and then only open the entrance FURTHEST from the parking deck? Just a total lack of common sense.

I was able to get through 3 of the lines and get 11 autographs. This may sound like a lot, but in past years I've managed to get even more in half the time. Don't know why they overcomplicated things. When it's just one guy per table, I can just get the guys I need/want, but when done like this (4 per table), I end up waiting in line just to get one guy out of a group of four, which is just a waste of everyone's time. Plus, I may be taking the space in line of someone who may want a certain guy (Gionta) and can't get them because I'm in line to get someone else at the same table (Cory). I just don't get it. It screams change for the sake of change. Also, why would they tell everyone to park in the parking deck and then only open the entrance FURTHEST from the parking deck? Just a total lack of common sense.

This says it all.

Plus the deck filled up for parking so I had to pay in the lot across the street.

Edited by Bonginator11

Eh I parked at the garage and the line to get in was at the tower closest to the garage. If you parked on the other side you'd have to walk to the back end of one of the lines.

It was a good day, people are knit picking things. Walking an extra block isnt a big deal and it was 35 and sunny with little wind. I thought it was well done and the skate was good as well.

Apparently I am hearing from many people who went to the event that a fan took out his phone when he got up to Zajac and showed him a picture of money being flushed down the toilet and told him that's what he thinks of him.  Zajac then asked security to kick the guy out and the guy has been bragging about it on FB all morning.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel this next year and fence in the devils side of the parking lot along with turrets at this point with what ahs been going on lately.

Apparently I am hearing from many people who went to the event that a fan took out his phone when he got up to Zajac and showed him a picture of money being flushed down the toilet and told him that's what he thinks of him.  Zajac then asked security to kick the guy out and the guy has been bragging about it on FB all morning.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel this next year and fence in the devils side of the parking lot along with turrets at this point with what ahs been going on lately.

What a fvcking loser. I mean, reconsider your entire life if you are going to do that. The simplest thing would be to take away his seasons tickets and ban him from the arena moving forward. Just wow...

That's terrible, for my issues with him as a hockey player Travis comes off as the most personable guy during these events. I remember security was getting antsy one year at the bbq cause he had to get to practice and kept hanging around to take a few more pictures.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That's terrible, for my issues with him as a hockey player Travis comes off as the most personable guy during these events. I remember security was getting antsy one year at the bbq cause he had to get to practice and kept hanging around to take a few more pictures.

Even if you have an issue with Zajac's offense, I wouldn't even call his contract wasted money. Say they let him go, who do you replace Zajac with? Dave Bolland at 5/$27.5? Stephen Weiss 5/$24.5. There are just no good centers making it to unrestricted free agency. If there is even an okay one, you end up paying an insane amount for an older player that really isn't much better. 

Travis Zajac's offense has been a terrible disappointment, but he brings a ton of other skills to the team. The team is better when he is on the ice. So much of Jagr's success last year had to do with playing with Zajac. Elias looks better lately playing with Travis. 

The average fan that cries about Zajac doesn't see all that. The cap is not an issue for this team, and won't be moving forward. So, sure he's somewhat overpaid, but some team was going to give him 7 years/$42 million in free agency. Better that the Devils got to him first.

Edited by devilsrule33

Well really when I said issues I should have said issue singular lol. Cause really it's all about the offense. He at least brings other attributes that don't make him a total waste when he doesn't score a la Ryder.

But aside from that, like you said the money aspect gets so overstated.

Edited by NJDevs4978

fvcking atrocious. I'm disappointed in the team and I was even disappointed in the event, but that's just terrible. Why even waste your time attending if you're gonna be an a$$hole? Grow the fvck up.

Idiotic. A lot of fans showing their true colors this year: bandwagon junkies who can't handle their team being bad. Don't go to a season ticket holder event (that's supposed to be fun) if you really have a truly personal problem with our players. Stay home.

Of course the owners will change up the format in some way (or remove the even) next year to avoid these kinds of situations, and the fans will hate them (again) for it, but we have ourselves to blame.

Of all the dumb and bad things I've heard about the fans and the idiotic "war with management" this is probably the dumbest and most disgraceful thing I think I've ever heard of a fan doing.....downright embarrassing.....