Should the New Jersey Devils Consider Going After Alexander Semin?

NewarkDevil5

And here come the whiners. There could be 4353145 reasons that Semin didn't want to come here/Lou didn't pursue Semin hard.

Off the top of my head, maybe he wants a one year deal to re-establish himself and then hope for a big money deal next year.

No, no, no. That doesn't make sense! Clearly Lou didn't try hard enough and sat around twiddling his thumbs and has no real plan or ability to put a team together and has no financial restraints.

And here come the whiners. There could be 4353145 reasons that Semin didn't want to come here/Lou didn't pursue Semin hard.

Off the top of my head, maybe he wants a one year deal to re-establish himself and then hope for a big money deal next year.

The problem is it's more likely the one reason nobody wants to talk about that everyone fears, that we just don't have the money to even offer a one-year contract.

Would have been a nice addition. We could have definitely used a skilled player the likes of Semin. Pretty concerned considering Parise and Poni are gone with no additions. Elias is getting older and bound to slow a little. Kovi is great offensively, but defensively is a nightmare. Henrique nor Clarkie will have the same production. Maybe Lou is waiting for the CBA outcome, but in the mean time all quality players are gone. I hate to be negative, but you can't lose production like that and expect to compete. Maybe Lou will pull a rabbit of of his hat before the season begins.

Would have been a nice addition. We could have definitely used a skilled player the likes of Semin. Pretty concerned considering Parise and Poni are gone with no additions. Elias is getting older and bound to slow a little. Kovi is great offensively, but defensively is a nightmare. Henrique nor Clarkie will have the same production. Maybe Lou is waiting for the CBA outcome, but in the mean time all quality players are gone. I hate to be negative, but you can't lose production like that and expect to compete. Maybe Lou will pull a rabbit of of his hat before the season begins.

You're exaggerating a bit.. I give you Clarkie's numbers might go down but you really think Henrique will do worse with more games and potentially more ice time with Zach gone?

Kovy is also not a "defensive nightmare".. Wasn't he killing penalties for us in big games last season?

I just don't get the feeling that you "hate to be negative" with such a pessimistic outlook

There's no point being negative in July.

This team will not be as good without Zach. But, theres a big difference between 10-11 and now. Adam Henrique and Pete DeBoer. If we have a crappy start this year, I really hope something is done, but its impossible to get too worked up about it and/or speculate our doom this far out.

There's no point being negative in July.

This team will not be as good without Zach. But, theres a big difference between 10-11 and now. Adam Henrique and Pete DeBoer. If we have a crappy start this year, I really hope something is done, but its impossible to get too worked up about it and/or speculate our doom this far out.

Right. Let's lock the thread and we'll come back to it on Wednesday. :evil:

What the hell???? Really???... Lou, you couldn't do better? A 6.8 for 3 years or something?

I'm glad we avoided a sticky situation here. No way he should've or could've averaged 6 Mil over a multi year deal. Not the way he played last year. He might be a real fire cracker this year to make a big contract next season.

No, I don't think they should go after him....

:clap2: