Devils future

pulkit1989

Hi everyone..this is my first post here..and i live in vancouver..and im a devils fan..ive been supporting them since ive started watching hoceky..and every yr..i say to myself..that this yr..they will go all the way..but something always Fvkng messes up..this yr we sign kovy..i again thought..that this could be a key to winning the cup..but again i was wrong..what dooes everyone think about this franchise's future?

Hi everyone..this is my first post here..and i live in vancouver..and im a devils fan..ive been supporting them since ive started watching hoceky..and every yr..i say to myself..that this yr..they will go all the way..but something always Fvkng messes up..this yr we sign kovy..i again thought..that this could be a key to winning the cup..but again i was wrong..what dooes everyone think about this franchise's future?

too soon to ask.... the wound is too fresh....stick around there some good discussion here....throughout the year...

I personally feel that we have regressed. while i do not support what he did, i felt Sutter had this team playing with more emotion. we were rarely the better team in this series, which was not the case last year (and even the year before when we lost to the rangers, played well the majority of time). We need to get back to that relentless "try and stop us" forcheck we have seen in years past.

I agree firecenter. I almost think that the way that this team played in the beginning of this season was some kind of cosmic melding of Sutter's offensive system with Lemaire's defensive system and that come the turn of the calendar year Lemaire finally got across to the forwards his defensive system and they stopped attacking. Their breakout at the beginning of the year was crisp and beautiful to behold. They haven't executed a proper breakout consistently through a game in four months.

I said last year that we'd be the St. Louis Blues of the decade.... do relatively well in the regular season, bow out early every post season.... so I just assumed we would do exactly that this year. I think I was bang-on. And I think we will do exactly that each and every year of this decade, continuing the trend.

I said last year that we'd be the St. Louis Blues of the decade.... do relatively well in the regular season, bow out early every post season.... so I just assumed we would do exactly that this year. I think I was bang-on. And I think we will do exactly that each and every year of this decade, continuing the trend.

If they keep spraying lysol on the pile of sh!t...the smell won't go away; the only way to get rid of the smell is to clean up the pile. Your right, without some sort of overhaul, there's no reason to believe the trend won't continue.

I'm hoping that the finality of this, and the fact that the Devils looked yet again three steps slower than their opponent come playoff time, will signal to Lou that it's time for major changes.

3 consecutive painful endings and this team has one big problem: losing passion during the playoffs. I don't think adding a player or 2 or changing the coach will help the team. This team is not hungry enough and looks disinterested at times. I don't know how to put this into words, but this team needs something, but that "something" is an intangible nobody knows how to grab it and I even think Lou doesn't know either.

3 consecutive painful endings and this team has one big problem: losing passion during the playoffs. I don't think adding a player or 2 or changing the coach will help the team. This team is not hungry enough and looks disinterested at times. I don't know how to put this into words, but this team needs something, but that "something" is an intangible nobody knows how to grab it and I even think Lou doesn't know either.

I know one of the things that is missing is something that is being discussed in the game thread: leadership. We haven't had a strong leader since oh captain, our captain left the game. There has been nobody to fill that void. Nobody keeping the players accountable.

You might have the answer in your writing. Maybe its time that Lou moved on.............

If you want the kid don't misspell his name. It's Mattias Tedenby

We have professionals that "punch in/out" of work, but don't do their jobs 100% while on the clock. That's the problem. I see a team of guys that expects the "other guy" to bail them out, only to then realize that the other guy is thinking the exact same thing.

The last few teams that won cups were teams built from a good mix of character, experience, and youth. Oh, and let's not forget to mention, teams that had players that actually played the positions they are meant to play.

Unlike the NJ Devils...playing Elias, Zubrus, and Rolston at center, and Corrente at wing. I mean really...what's that all about...

I think the Rock is jinxed, and us fans are jinxed for having success and not being humble about it...that's my "superstitious side" speaking...I just hope we're not the new coming of the Rangers, that had to wait 54 years for a Stanley Cup...

I'm hoping that the finality of this, and the fact that the Devils looked yet again three steps slower than their opponent come playoff time, will signal to Lou that it's time for major changes.

Will never happen... Lou is too loyal to his players. He wont get rid of the guys who won him a Cup before. He'd rather have them play until they retire as Devils, despite their lack of production.

All I know is if Mottau is resigned, I will puke.

Will never happen... Lou is too loyal to his players. He wont get rid of the guys who won him a Cup before. He'd rather have them play until they retire as Devils, despite their lack of production.

All I know is if Mottau is resigned, I will puke.

gomez won him two cups. had no problem letting him walk.

rupp, friesen, neiuwendyk just to name a few.

pando's history and he's been around forever.

lou certainly like sentimentality but he's not going to keep ineffective players JUST because they've been around for a while.

Changes certainly need to be made and even Doc & Chico alluded to it during the post game. The only problem is that we have NMC's all over the place and realistically you can't just blow the team up.

The franchise is just in a weird spot right now. Good enough to be successful during the season but not strong enough to be a legitimate threat. We've been in this position since the lockout ended.

I think we were all spoiled big time with how successful this team was from 94 - 03. It's really hard to accomplish that. I think we're in a position right now that is in more in line with most organizations. What they accomplished for that 10 year stretch will likely never come around again. I just don't see the Cup as being anywhere close. I'd gladly settle for them winning a round or two though. Just look around the league. They're are some awfully long Cup droughts.

Edited by Sickman

gomez won him two cups. had no problem letting him walk.

rupp, friesen, neiuwendyk just to name a few.

pando's history and he's been around forever.

lou certainly like sentimentality but he's not going to keep ineffective players JUST because they've been around for a while.

You can add Madden and Gio to that list.