NFL Week 6

CRASHER

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fish didn't just give up on Moore, they gave up playing football in 2011. It's all out free fall for Luck.

Jets still didn't look all that impressive. Couldn't really run the ball until garbage time. Plax was invisible. Tomlinson just can't do anything anymore between the tackles.

Revis only put up a B- performance against Marshall...but still made the play of the game along with another pick.

Much better job by the O-Line!!!

Sanchez was fine. Made the plays when he had too.

Still not in love with Kerley as our 3. Would love to see the Jets go out and trade for somebody like Massequoi from the Browns. Kerleys hands are just not that good, never has good awareness of where the marker is.

Much better job by the O-Line!!!

Biggest bright spot of the night, IMO.

The defense deserves credit too with the 5 forced fumbles and 3 turnovers. They also held the Fins TD-less and only 2-for-13 on 3rd downs, granted those numbers are a bit deceiving from some of the dumb mistakes the Fins made on offense.

Sanchez was a little inaccurate at times but decent enough. The running game still needs a lot of work though, which is a problem to me. Without a useful running game, the Jets will have to turn to the pass more often, and with Plax invisible, I don't think I trust Sanchez really carrying this offense just yet (plus, I'm not quite sold on the offensive line being able to protect the QB based on 1 great game).

These next 4 weeks are really going to say a lot about this team; they face the Chargers at home next week, followed by the bye, then @ Buffalo, and then at home vs the Pats. Won't be easy.

Edited by nmigliore

Revis only put up a B- performance against Marshall...but still made the play of the game along with another pick.

Revis & Cromartie have 6 interceptions combined! Unfortunately, they're the only 2 that ever make any game-breaking plays.

The defense needs ball-hawks. (other than the 2 corners) Interceptions change games. And whether it's Wilson, or Pool, or Leonhard, whoever.. they're not doing nearly enough to create turnovers.

..above all else, come tomorrows trade deadline.. I want safety help more than anything or anyone!!

Sanchez was a little inaccurate at times but decent enough. The running game still needs a lot of work though, which is a problem to me. Without a useful running game, the Jets will have to turn to the pass more often, and with Plax invisible, I don't think I trust Sanchez really carrying this offense just yet (plus, I'm not quite sold on the offensive line being able to protect the QB based on 1 great game).

Sanchez being able to roam free and scramble, is paramount for his development. Sadly.. this organization doesn't want to do that.

For 3 year now, the Jets have been trying to make him a Tom Brady type pocket passer, and he is no where near that mold. Sanchez is fast, slippery, and incredibly elusive. The Jets desperately need to take the handcuffs off him, and allow him to utilize this part of his game. He only averages about 100 yrds rushing per season. :unsure: Ridiculous!!

Think about it.. when do you ever see a QB sneak? (other than the redzone) When do you ever see a run up the side? Or a 3rd down QB draw for a 1st? --NEVER!!

The QB sneak from Sanchez for the TD in the 2nd quarter, was a breath of fresh air. It's been way too long since Schottenheimer dialed that up.

Instead of bringing in guys like Joe Girardi to neuter Sanchez, this organization should be bringing in guys like Steve Grogan to help him cultivate that part of his game! I'm not saying turn him into Tim Tebow.. but Christ, why does it have to be one extreme or the other? Over the last 3 seasons, only Mick Vick & Aaron Rodgers have more rushing touchdowns than Mark Sanchez. They NEED to take advantage of this aspect in his game.. otherwise it's a skill-set going to waste.

Edited by Beezer34

Beezer, the thing is, is that really part of Sanchez's game? I'm okay with letting Sanchez do what makes him comfortable, but I'm not sure scrambling is one of them. In college he had only 70 rushing attempts at USC... for a mere 33 yards (0.5 yards per attempt). In the NFL, he's accumulated 75 rushes for just 248 yards (3.3 yards per attempt). He does have 7 touchdowns, which you cited as being the 3rd highest among QB's since he entered the league. But I don't know if that's enough to say he'd be a good scrambler.

Beezer, the thing is, is that really part of Sanchez's game? I'm okay with letting Sanchez do what makes him comfortable, but I'm not sure scrambling is one of them. In college he had only 70 rushing attempts at USC... for a mere 33 yards (0.5 yards per attempt). In the NFL, he's accumulated 75 rushes for just 248 yards (3.3 yards per attempt). He does have 7 touchdowns, which you cited as being the 3rd highest among QB's since he entered the league. But I don't know if that's enough to say he'd be a good scrambler.

8 touchdowns.

1. Vick: 11 TD's

2. Rodgers: 11 TD's

3. Sanchez: 8 TD's

-------------------

..you make a good point questioning Sanchez's game. But how much of that is based on being gun-shy?

If it's frowned upon to play like that, are you confident in doing it? Or I'll put it this way.. If he was encouraged to utilize his speed and mobility, wouldn't his Y.P.C. increase?

This is strictly from watching his body language.. but I just feel like everytime he wants to go for a run, he stops himself. And if it's because the team has beaten into his head the "fear of injury" ..that's wrong.

Pretty much turned out as I expected, though Miami made it a little interesting early on. It was pretty much impossible to make a real case for the Dolphins sneaking out of there with a win...even with the Jets not being at their best. And even if it was ugly, the Jets did the one thing they absolutely had to do: won the game. That's all that matters. Style points count for nothing in the NFL.

Interesting sched for the Jets, in that from here on out, they alternate home and road games for the rest of the season. No prolonged homestands or roadtrips.

Wow, Carson Palmer is going to Oakland:

With Jason Campbell on the shelf for several weeks with a collarbone injury, the 4-2 Oakland Raiderspried a disgruntled Carson Palmer out of Cincinnati Tuesday, giving the Bengals a 2012 first-round draft pick and a conditional 2013 pick for the 31-year-old Palmer.

The 2013 selection could climb as high as the first round, as well, and will be based on how well Palmer performs in Oakland.

http://nfl.si.com/2011/10/18/raiders-snag-carson-palmer-from-bengals/

Pretty gutsy move by Oakland. They have pretty much have NO 2012 draft left at this point (first pick in the 5th round!). Palmer has been pretty mediocre the last few years, but I do think he'll be rejuvenated with a new, exciting team.

I think people underrated Jason Campbell, but the Raiders suddenly look pretty damn good with one of the best best RB's in football and a QB who can carry a team. Watch out, San Diego.

Edited by nmigliore

Ridiculous overpayment. Everyone in Cincy was ready to let Palmer rot, but a 1st round pick! That's an easy decision. Carson Palmer was as bad as a QB not named Jimmy Clausen last year. I'd rather go with Boller or fly the veterans to Favre ranch to recruit him. I doin't think the Carson Palmer pre-surgery is ever coming back. He is not good.

Learning a playbook from scratch is a pretty hard thing to do. A desperate move for sure.

On an unrelated note, anyone mention that the Florida hockey team outscored the Dolphins last night?

Edited by devilsrule33

Holy crap. A conditional 1st in 2013! Anyone heard what that condition is? Make the playoffs or win a playoff game? This could be one of the worst deals in NFL history.

The condition is apparently if they win a playoff game lol. If they don't win a playoff game, they give up a 2nd in 2013 instead of a first.

I don't disagree that it's an overpayment considering the predicament the Bengals were in, and this pretty much destroys the Raiders' 2012 draft (and could hurt 2013 if that pick turns into a 1st rounder)... BUT, I do still think Palmer has something left* and the Raiders are a lot better today than they were yesterday. They're really going for it. It's a big, probably foolish, gamble. We'll see how it pays off.

I think David Garrard needing surgery really stung them here; they could have just signed him and gotten a decent replacement without giving up anything.

*: I know the interceptions were awful last year, but everything else wasn't that bad; his completion rate was just under Matt Ryan, he was 6th in passing yards, 9th in touchdowns ... I don't think he's finished, and teams are going to respect him more than they would a Kyle Boller, which could help the running game (as if McFadden needs any more help :P). Perhaps the biggest issue will be how quick he can learn the offense and get into the rhythm of playing again.

Regardless of what happens in Oakland though, I definitely agree this is a major win for the Bengals. Peter King said he heard Marvin Lewis would have been thrilled to just get a 2nd rounder for Palmer.

Edited by nmigliore

hey the way the Raiders draft in the first round, not having the picks might be a BONUS and Palmer may be better then the stiffs they tend to land anyway :lol:

and watch the Bengals STILL screw up 4 first rounders in 2 years :P