Offical Devils vs Rangers thread

#9Delieve

His new jersey and his new team? You obviously do not know who that is in the video. How long have you been a fan?

Just poking fun, I've been to MSG once. While I do often respect what you have to say, I'm pretty sure there's not a Devils fan on every Rangers message board policing every comment for accuracy. Let us have our fun!! haha..

How long has be been there? My uncle used to have season tix and I remember seeing Larry in the mid-late 90's

Larry? First time I saw him dance was January 96. I was away at school that year, only went to two games while home on breaks and he was there for both games. Before him it was a fat guy in the same section who used to wear camoflauge pants and a jersey. Not sure how long he was there for, though. Also not sure how long Larry has had season tickets. Old timers will remember the Chief. He was a guy who worked at Cosby's, was a little slow, but it his heart was in the right place. He used to walk around with an Indian head dress. He actually ran for city council, but passed away in the late-90's. Off-hand, can't remember when he stopped coming to games or walking around.

According to Wikipedia (is there anything NOT on that site), Larry has had seasons since 1988. Chief "retired" following the 95 season and passed away in January of this year. I remember Steve Somers saying he passed away much much earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_New_York_Rangers#The_Chief

Edited by Matteau#32

Dancing Larry is awesome, I sat next to him this year at the Sens Rangs game and he was a cool guy.

I've met him too, he's a real nice guy and easy going. Saw him at a concert at prudential center and asked him what he thought of the first class arena we had and he immediately knew i was a devils fan. Even ranger fans call him ++++ larry though