Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about a different Kovalchuk? Because the one that I know is the the guy who puts up 40+ goals a season. Having him on the Devils would be fantastic.

Yes, that would be the one. The same Kovalchuk who is too lazy to back check, skates only half the ice, a career -83, and could care less about winning since he makes $7 million a year. Yes that the one.

Having him on the Devils, (assuming Lou has lost his mind and guts our roster) essentially makes us the Rangers.

I just don't understand how this could be true with one guy matter-of-factly stating it and then barely talking about it when noone else in the world is reporting it. This is HUGE news if true, and I would imagine we'd hear much more than this.

Somewhere in FLA, Potvin is laughing maybe.

Yes, that would be the one. The same Kovalchuk who is too lazy to back check, skates only half the ice, a career -83, and could care less about winning since he makes $7 million a year. Yes that the one.

Having him on the Devils, (assuming Lou has lost his mind and guts our roster) essentially makes us the Rangers.

I live in Atlanta and I've been to a ton of Thrashers game. Kovalchuck has come a loooong way from a one-sided offensive threat. Over the past 2 years or so, he has developed a respectable 2-way game. The problem is the Atlanta Spirit (the idiotic group who owns the Thrashers) have no idea how to run a hockey team or how to make one successful. I would imagine any player who has been with an organization who doesn't make the right choices to put a winning team on the ice would be frustrated and want to change teams.

I mean look at some of the folks they let go...Coburn, Hossa, etc...

Definitely possible. I know everyone heard what he said, but it could have easily slipped out of his mouth wrong.

yeah assuming it's denis potvin, he did play hockey for 15 years. if chico had talked about this rumor he probably would've gotten kovalchuk's name wrong as well as lead everyone on to believe that it was a done deal.

I get annoyed when people say he's not a "Devils-type player"(what does that mean?) or "he isn't needed." Last I checked, the Devils NEED to score GOALS. And like britoon said, he isn't just a one-dimensional player anymore.

LOL. Have you seen Kovalchuk play lately????

It was just a few weeks ago that everyone in hockey was talking about how lazy he was and that he is not captain material.

Anyway, I feel confident that Potvin was being sarcastic because he watches Kovy and knows that Lou would never be interested in such a one-dimensional player who doesn't care about winning. FYI: Players have to care about winning which is the definition of a Devils-type player.

He's a +2 this season while in a team that can't stop anyone. All stats have different faces, I don't know what you think, but I believe Parise would have a tough time getting a +20 in Atlanta

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.