White and Hunter bought out.

jagknife

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought White temporarily came off my sh!t list last year because he played decently, but for his pay and what he has produced in the last 5 years plus with the prospects coming up I have no problems with this.

Who provides the grit in our defense? Volchenkov and then nobody. fvcking disgusted with this move.

White doesn't check and has had what? 1 or 2 fights in the last 4 years? He has not provided much grit for a while.

haha i may have beat you to the punch, NJD26, but this one caught on better :P

As I put in the other thread, not to sound like Єklund (2.3% accurate), but with us shaving 2 million if we buy these two out, could we see us making a play at acquiring Doughty's rights?

haha i may have beat you to the punch, NJD26, but this one caught on better :P

As I put in the other thread, not to sound like Єklund (2.3% accurate), but with us shaving 2 million if we buy these two out, could we see us making a play at acquiring Doughty's rights?

We have NOTHING to trade for Doughty unless you want to give up Parise and/or Larsson.

I also see some people joking that Lou is going to get JayBo from Calgary haha. I honestly think this is is way of getting cap space and salary off the books to make way for the youngins.

He's the only one I see who gets dirty and angry during play and after the whistle.

I agree with this however, its not saying much because White is the only one besides A-train who really got somewhat physical but it didnt happen that much. I think even Volchenkov can step up the hitting game a little.

If you complain about White's production/cap hit, you have no clue what you're talking about.

He's the only one I see who gets dirty and angry during play and after the whistle.

He is paid to be gritty, but since his eye injury he hasn't checked much and should we really pay that much to a defensive-defenseman to not check?

Most players get dirty and angry during the play and after the whistle. He just shoves a little bit now and skates away or takes a bad penalty. I could do without that.

If this shaves 2 million from the cap total, we could have saved just as much money by keeping White and stashing Hunter in the minors? This doesn't feel like it's entirely a salary cap move, does it. Maybe the team's finances are just as bad as the horror stories.

If the team's finances were that bad, they wouldn't have signed Janssen, Boulton, Vellieux, and most almost all of the RFA's. Zach would have gone to arbitration as well. They are fine financially it seems.

i am amazed about colin white - something isn't adding up here.

i don't know why it would matter, but i'm curious if there is something to do w/ ownership and salaries on this?

I wouldnt go so far into it like that. I think its just simply not having enough room.