New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Lots of chatter but nothing official that Kovalchuk contract will be reinstated and NHL has lost it's case.

— Jimmy Murphy (@MurphysLaw74)

August 9, 2010

Lots of chatter but nothing official that Kovalchuk contract will be reinstated and NHL has lost it's case.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dagoon is the Pointon Still guy. He got tipped off on the Kovalchuk trade by the two players (Oduya, Bergfors) who were involved in the deal. He had an autograph signing with the players that was cancelled due to the trade and one of them had a case of loose lips when contacting him before the trade was announced to the public.

Dagoon has been making a living off of that ever since as some sort of "inside" man.

I still go off the fact that he has yet to be wrong.

Ok - well you've done it. Can't ever just let anyone even a basically fictional person who doesn't know you or care who you are or what you think even -- oy -- just forget it. You're just too much a of a combative downer. What happened to you even -- did we all just get to know you better or something? Anyhow - have fun selling your crap literally and figuratively. Nice knowing you for a while there.

Janie, i'd get into a bitching contest with you, but you can't ever win a bitch contest with a loud mouth, psycho-babbling PMS case like yourself. You'd probably love the attention, anyway.

Janie, i'd get into a bitching contest with you, but you can't ever win a bitch contest with a loud mouth, psycho-babbling PMS case like yourself. You'd probably love the attention, anyway.

:e-drama: Some pre-announcement entertainment perhaps?

Any of his rumors or things he's broken.

Such as? His track record besides the Kovalchuk deal is no better then anyone else's 50/50 guess or opinions where sh!t is thrown agaisnt a wall and it sticks. If the NHLPA wins this, someone will give him credit that he "knew".

Edited by SJP20

geez...how the hell am I supposed to get any work done today if all I'm doing is checking this thread constantly. Can I just have an answer so I don't get fired!

Well a few years ago he knew about the Elias signing. He knew about the Kovalchuk trade. And he told someone I knew a few days before the Arnott trade happened.

The Elias signing was a 50/50 guess, anyway. However, there's only one person who knew that prior and that's the guy who is the closest to him outside of hockey here in NJ. I believed the person when he told me because i know the relationship the two have (let's say they share "close quarters" in NJ) and i do personal business with him.

Kovalchuk, we know. One of the players called him and told him of the trade when cancelling the autograph singing.

The Arnott thing needs better sourced fact before credit is given.

We touched on this the other day about rumor mongering and people claiming inside info, etc.

Edited by SJP20

geez...how the hell am I supposed to get any work done today if all I'm doing is checking this thread constantly. Can I just have an answer so I don't get fired!

This. I'm worried my boss is gonna catch me (again). I'm not sure how many times I can use "it's a huge sports thing, it won't happen again" as an excuse

Me too, Cmon you don't want us getting fired do you? I promise not to tell anyone, except maybe..... I promise I wont tell anyone!

The Elias signing was a 50/50 guess, anyway. However, there's only one person who knew that prior and that's the guy who is the closest to him outside of hockey. I believed the person when he told me because i know the relationship the two have (let's say they share "close quarters" in NJ) and i do personal business with him.

Kovalchuk, we know. One of the players called him and told him of the trade when cancelling the autograph singing.

The Arnott thing needs better sourced fact before credit is given.

We touched on this the other day about rumor mongering and people claiming inside info, etc.

He knew how much money Elias was signing for, the term, when he actually made the agreement, and how much two other teams offered him last minute.

But hey,

You know everything.

I sincerely apologize for wasting your time.

I'm not going to go bother him and dig up sources just to please you. Why must you go out of your way to make someone look bad?

Yeah we DID talk about it the other day... the consensus was if you don't believe someone, then IGNORE them instead of get involved.

Edited by njdevil26

He knew how much money Elias was signing for, the term, when he actually made the agreement, and how much two other teams offered him last minute.

But hey,

You know everything.

I sincerely apologize for wasting your time.

I'm not going to go bother him and dig up sources just to please you. Why must you go out of your way to make someone look bad?

Yeah we DID talk about it the other day... the consensus was if you don't believe someone, then IGNORE them instead of get involved.

From what i remember, that was after it made the early rounds around the way before today's twitter and the such.

Making him look bad? Is this a personal friend of your's Andrew? It must be for you to defend him and believe him like this because this is off the map a bit.

Edited by SJP20

I think everyone should save Ken the trouble and just put him ignore. He pretty much takes issue with everyone.

Silence = compliance, so he can just infer we all tacitly agree with everything he posts.