• Netherlands
    • Greece
    • Denmark
    • Czech Republic
    • Poland
    • Croatia
    • Sweden
    • Republic of Ireland

In the end Italy were simply better at taking advantage of their chances. After having to chase a 2 goal deficit, the Germans seemed to be “holding their sticks too tight”.

I was so disappointed. After a fantastic first 5 minutes the just stopped playing.

Germany should have had a penalty in the 5th min though when Pirlo used his hand to prevent a goal. Those goal line judges are really useless.

And to think Platini wants this instead of goal line technology.

Finally.

Their movement was so much better today.

Shame they didnt play like that the rest of the tournament.

Torres with the golden boot.

I dont look at things like that. They did what they had to, to get to the Final, and then put it altogether and dominated Italy. Sure, they could've been sharper in prior games, but still, only 1 goal allowed the entire tournament. Can't nitpick that. They didn't even need Puyol and probably will never need him again.

It may not have been "pretty" all the way through, but the result is all that matters.

I dont look at things like that. They did what they had to, to get to the Final, and then put it altogether and dominated Italy. Sure, they could've been sharper in prior games, but still, only 1 goal allowed the entire tournament. Can't nitpick that. They didn't even need Puyol and probably will never need him again.

It may not have been "pretty" all the way through, but the result is all that matters.

I dont deny that at all, football is a results business, they got the results they needed with a bit of luck rather than actual decent perfomances. Having to watch them play so poorly all through the tournament for them then to turn it on in the final was frustrating.

I doubt Puyol would have even started, Ramos and Pique are miles better and have been for a long time.