Your Thoughts About: #26 Patrik Elias

Derlique

My favorite Devil of all time. Class, vision and passion come to mind when I think of him. Had a pretty rough past season but then again who didnt? Unless he puts up 40-50 puts, I doubt he comes back. Hopefully he gets to go out on his own terms, unlike some others.

His role this year will be interesting. I recall when Hynes was hired that he wants to stay here but wants to play a top 6 role. I honestly cant think of 5 better forwards so that shouldnt be an issue. I think he's more of a winger than a center at this point.

He is also my favorite all-time Devil.  Loved him since about halfway in the 99-2000 season.

I agree this will most likely be his last season as a Devil.  Not sure if this will be his last season as a player  though as I can see him accepting 1-year deals with other teams until he decides to call it quits.  While it pains me to say this, even if he completely lights it up this really needs to be his last season with the team.  I doubt he fits in the vision that Shero/Hynes has for this team and forward progress needs to be made.  If this includes him being traded at or right before the deadline I will be all for that.

Thanks for the memories Patty and I will be cheering you on especially in every game this season.

My favorite player of all-time which is saying a lot given that I was always a goalie.  Living in Philly and being surrounded by Flyers fans for the game, I will always remember the two goals in 2000 Game 7 against Philly. The behind the back assist to Sykora in Game 1 of that cup and the series winning assist to Arnott are also up there.     

I actually think Patrick has at least one decent season left in him.  I know he looked lethargic at times last year but between the groin, the mumps and the team being terrible, I think everything that could go wrong for him did.  He has a lot of pride and hopefully the team is somewhat rejuvenated with the offseason changes and youth movement.  I kind of think we're going to see one last 50ish point season out of him.   

Love Patty, but he's been frustrating to watch at times the past few years. I wish he'd be a bit more selfish and shoot more often these days because it always seems like he's looking pass instead of shooting even when he has golden opportunities, especially on the PP. Hope he has a rebound year and can end his amazing Devils career on a high note this season. 

Ultimate team first, defensive forward. Always got more out of linemates than anyone could have expected. Could have put up a lot more points somewhere else without playing defense. All time favorite player.

Such an interesting career arch. One of the games best scorers in 99/00-00/01 seasons. Top scorer on team with 0 offense in 2003. 38 goals in 03/04. Comes back from Hep ON FIRE in 2006. 45 points in 38 games (!!!!!) Has couple down years, looks like end of road is near yet puts up huge numbers in 08/09 with 78 points. Two more "meh" years then finds the fountain of youth again 11/12 with 78 points with a trip to the Cup. 

What makes the 11/12 season so special was doing it against other teams' top lines. 

Was the Batman early in career on the 99-01 teams but towards the end became a Robin while Parise and Kovalchuk proved more dynamic. 

Has lost a few steps for sure, but still amazing that he is an effective player.

Just like many others one of my favorite devils players since i was a kid. Iam in the same boat as thinking this will most likely be his last season with us however i dont know if it will be his last season in the nhl. I hope he lights it up for sure this year as he has been kind of tough to watch the last couple years but i could also see him being traded at the deadline especially if he does well. I will enjoy watching him play this year.

My favorite Devil forward of all-time. The guy oozes high hockey IQ and is a great teacher. Helped makes his line-mates perform at their best. I am hoping announces his retirement in the next two years. Hoping having Zacha under his tutelage brings his offensive power back.

Guess I'm one of the few that still thinks he's capable of playing at a high level.  On a better team, I think he'd be able to put up between 50 and 60 points. 

One of the few, but we're a brave few.  50-60 points is totally reasonable, if he can stay healthy for the entire season. 

Mr Devil (along with Claude) I hope he finishes his career here but that's 50/50 at best. I have an incredibly high opinion of him, a wonderful player, great person, role model, stayed out of trouble, clutch...just wish these last few years he could've gotten another crack at the playoffs. 

Next year we'll be a borderline playoff team. Hope he's still around for that.

Mr Devil (along with Claude) I hope he finishes his career here but that's 50/50 at best. I have an incredibly high opinion of him, a wonderful player, great person, role model, stayed out of trouble, clutch...just wish these last few years he could've gotten another crack at the playoffs.

Next year we'll be a borderline playoff team. Hope he's still around for that.

Sorry but KD is Mr. Devil.

Has replaced Madden as my all time favorite (no disrespect to Madden either). Classy, smart, tough player who manages to be honest without being a d!ck. I think he's probably done with the Devils after this year unless he and Zacha click like crazy (unlikely, considering they may never even get to play together, assuming Zacha spends a year in the AHL). Hopefully he goes out on his terms, whether here or elsewhere. I doubt he makes the HOF, but would love to see him get some consideration.

He'll probably end up being the only forward in the organization to have his jersey retired. At least for a long time. I don't think you can bleed red and black without loving this guy.

That being said I think he's traded by the trade deadline.

Agreed...mostly because we never have any great forwards for any length of time!

I think there is some truth here.  While I like Daneyko, I do not love him like a lot of other fans do, and from interactions with other fans over the years a number would agree with me.

Yep. And no disrespect to Daneyko, he was an honorable footsoldier and remembered fondly, but just look at the jerseys worn in the crowds. You see more Sykora's than Daneyko's.