Shane Doan

ghdi

Hockeyy Insiderr @HockeyyInsiderr

BREAKING NEWS: #Pens stepping up in a BIG way in Doan file> multi year deal on the table with cap hit 6.5M$ per.

This guy is less reliable than even Єklund (2.3% accurate), and that is saying something.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Doan's really got 4-30 on the table I don't see how it benefits him to lay out unless it's a team like the Isles who he'd never go to anyway. It's almost like a silly game of chicken between Doan and Semin at this point to see who signs first.

He wants to stay in Phoenix though. If thats truly what he wants, then he has to wait. Its rumored the 4/30 is from the Habs. Unless tradition is a big deal, thats a franchise in a transition for the most part and I cant imagine Doan wanting to go there.

Semin's issue seem to largely be his salary demands which no one has yet met, at least according to recent stuff in the media. There's no incentive for him to take what he can get now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry DP, I thought this would connect with my last post so I deleted the last one and am just posting all updates here:

The first two are from today which means MTL must have already heard about this 4 year 30M thing. Hmmm...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580

If an NHL team wants a shot at landing Shane Doan, it's going to be quite costly.

A source told Globe and Mail hockey columnist David Shoalts on Friday that the unrestricted free agent forward is looking for a four-year, $30 million contract if he leave the Phoenix Coyotes - the only franchise he's ever played for.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401361

The free agent courtship of Shane Doan continues, as TVA Sports in Quebec reports that the free agent forward will visit the Montreal Canadiens next week.

"Doan has been in discussions with Canadiens this week and he has told his agent that he wanted to make a visit," a source close to the situation told TVA Sports on Tuesday.

http://www.usatoday....doan/56491232/1

"He is an outstanding player and outstanding person," Predators coach Barry Trotz said of Doan. "He really would be a type of player we would want on our hockey club and we are exploring that like a lot of other teams."
Edited by ben00rs

Sorry DP, I thought this would connect with my last post so I deleted the last one and am just posting all updates here:

The first two are from today which means MTL must have already heard about this 4 year 30M thing. Hmmm...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401361

http://www.usatoday....doan/56491232/1

If he did end up in Montreal he could be the medicine Scott Gomez needs.

Is this real life? What is wrong with NHL GMs. This is Shane Doan we're talking about. Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Seriously, this guy just came off a 22-28-50 season. The year prior 20 goals. The year before 18 goals. What in the world justifies the money being offered to Shane Doan on the Summer 2012 Doan Tour. At least, Rolston was coming off 3 straight 30+ goal seasons when the Devils went after him.

Is this real life? What is wrong with NHL GMs. This is Shane Doan we're talking about. Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Seriously, this guy just came off a 22-28-50 season. The year prior 20 goals. The year before 18 goals. What in the world justifies the money being offered to Shane Doan on the Summer 2012 Doan Tour. At least, Rolston was coming off 3 straight 30+ goal seasons when the Devils went after him.

He's a good ol' Canadian boy who is a captain and plays with heart and stuff.

He's a good ol' Canadian boy who is a captain and plays with heart and stuff.

That and there was far less cap space three-four years ago. Teams are more willing to spend like drunken sailors with more cap space. Same reasons Kovy got two offers two years ago and Parise got like twenty this year.

That and there was far less cap space three-four years ago. Teams are more willing to spend like drunken sailors with more cap space. Same reasons Kovy got two offers two years ago and Parise got like twenty this year.

I think you are half right. If Zach Parise was a UFA in 2010, he's still getting 10+ offers. He's the kind of player every GM foams at the mouth for; Kovalchuk isn't. Is it a North American/Russian thing. Partly. But Parise has a combination of worth ethic/skill/IQ that you don't see every day in hockey.

Edited by devilsrule33

I think you are half right. If Zach Parise was a UFA in 2010, he's still getting 10+ offers. He's the kind of player every GM foams at the mouth for; Kovalchuk isn't. Is it a North American/Russian thing. Partly. But Parise has a combination of worth ethic/skill/IQ that you don't see every day in hockey.

I was wondering the other day what if Kovalchuk was a UFA now given his short history with the Devils. He's been to a cup final already, showed he can get involved a bit defensively (more-so than people previously assumed), even plays on the PK a bit. Would more teams have been interested now? Kind of interesting to think about considering what Parise was offered and now what Doan is being apparently offered. By the way, I would love to have Doan, I've wanted to have him on the team for years but here's no way I'd pay these crazy contracts. Its insane.