Halak traded to St.Louis

CRASHER

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pierre Gauthier and Bob Gainey should be fired for making this move. At least I would have if I was the owner, terrible move for the Habs and one they will regret forever. Price is terrible. They better have received a great return package in the deal.

Either they're really, really dumb for trading a guy who was awesome in the playoffs, or they're smart enough to know that the butterfly and gigantic pads have diluted the position to the point where goalies are a dime a dozen (check out who was between the pipes for this year's Finals) and trade while his value is at its highest.

Flip a coin.

this is probably an excellent move.

Selling high on a guy who played wayyyy above his head in the playoffs?

I really have no idea, since I barely paid attention to the playoffs after the Devils were eliminated, but I would guess that's what you are getting at.

this is probably an excellent move.

I'm with you, and I have been saying to everyone that the Habs should not give in to Walsh and his ridiculous contract demands that you know were coming. Canadiens don't want to be just another team stuck with a goalie making 5+ million after one good year or playoff run.

Edited by devilsrule33

How good are the guys Montreal got in return? (Hockey's Future is having trouble loading).

hockeydb went down as well but eller had 29 points in 49 games as a 19 year old in the SEL, then came to the states and had 57 points in 70 games as a 20 year old in the AHL. that looks like a second-line forward to me.

Edited by Triumph

There's a reason Halak got the starting job over Price in the playoffs. He's just straight up better, and he proved his worth and i don't think this was a very smart move by the Habs. It would have been a better idea to move Price.

What a steal for St. Louis a #1 goalie for 2 prospects??? Halak will command some $ and probably get it, but St. Louis has been stocking up on picks and will get replacement for these traded players next week. Montreal has away of destroying prospects.

Montreal will probably not make the playoffs with Price in net.