New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not implying that Kovy's next discussion with the KHL will be on wednesday as well are you? I certainly hope that's not the case

Seeing as Kovy was not mentioned in that article I would assume that to the best of our knowledge that statement has nothing to do with Kovy.

The longer this goes on, the more chance other teams come to the dance. I say Grossman isn't going to rush anything.

this is the opposite of true. the longer this goes on, the more teams who are not really in the running say the hell with it and sign a frolov or a ponikarovsky or someone like that. there's still other decent wingers available.

:rofl: Amazing, sir. My turn.

Salary Cap: Bring out yer buyouts.

[Lou puts Rolston on the cart]

Lou: Here's one.

Salary Cap: That'll be ninepence.

Rolston: I'm not bought out.

Salary Cap: What?

Lou: Nothing. There's your ninepence.

Rolston: I'm not bought out.

Salary Cap: 'Ere, he says he's not bought out.

Lou: Yes he is.

Rolston: I'm not.

Salary Cap: He isn't.

Lou: Well, he will be soon, he can't run a power play, and his shots always go wide.

Rolston: I'm getting better.

Lou: No you're not, you'll be bought outin a moment.

Salary Cap: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.

Rolston: I don't want to go on the cart.

Lou: Oh, don't be such a baby.

Salary Cap: I can't take him.

Rolston: My shot's fine.

Lou: Oh, do me a favor.

Salary Cap: I can't.

Lou: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.

Sslary Cap: I promised I'd be at the Blackhawks'. They've lost nine today.

Lou: Well, when's your next round?

Salary Cap: Thursday.

Rolston: I think I'll go for a skate.

Lou: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?

Rolston: I feel winky. I feel winky.

[the Salary Cap glances up and down the street furtively, then silences Rolston with his a whack of his club]

Lou: Ah, thank you very much.

Salary Cap: Not at all. See you on Thursday.

Lou: Right.

:lol: God damn, you knocked that sumbitch way out of the park.

Dmitry Chesnokov:

Nabokov's Russian agent said the negotiation with the KHL is over concerns of Evgeni's family & his children. The next round is set for Wed. :rant:

When something about Nabakov is posted in a thread like this, It's gonna confuse people. Of course it has nothing to do with Kovy, but I guess in this thread all Russians do the same thing?

Or maybe the poster didn't realize it was about Nabakov and not Kovy?

Edited by ben00rs

this is the opposite of true. the longer this goes on, the more teams who are not really in the running say the hell with it and sign a frolov or a ponikarovsky or someone like that. there's still other decent wingers available.

IF that were the case you would probably be hearing interest on these "lesser" russian players, but you're not. The Rangers "kicked the tires" on Frolov and moved on.

Don't see this as a realistic alternative.

IF that were the case you would probably be hearing interest on these "lesser" russian players, but you're not. The Rangers "kicked the tires" on Frolov and moved on.

Don't see this as a realistic alternative.

why do you think so many players sign on july 1 every year? it's because there are limited dollars available and ending up without a team can be disastrous, especially for goalies. the offers don't generally increase.

SpectorsHockey "Boom! Halak-a-laka- boom!"

SpectorsHockey "Halak to move it, move it. Halak to move it, move it. Halak to move it, move it."

TGfireandice That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, Halak it!

Well apparently reporters on twitter are getting just as crazy with all this waiting as we are.

Edited by Amberite

In Russia, contract signs YOU!

KOVY in the past during his contract negotiations with ATL:

"IF I STAY IN KHIMIK, I WOULD LOSE NOTHING"

Though, what do you prefer: Atlanta or Khimik?

I. Kovalchuk: I won't be original if I say that NHL is the strongest league in the world. Everybody aspires over there, though, to be honest, I feel comfortable in Khimik.

Could you compare financial terms in Khimik with what you are asking Atlanta management?

I. Kovalchuk: I wouldn't like to discuss financial questions. I would say only that if I stay in Khimik I would lose nothing. The main thing for me is to play, score goals, and be useful for a team, so money question never was a priority number one for me. I'm not 30-year-old, when players need to think of their future after a career. Though, of course, life-levels in America and Russia differ.

Meanwhile, the CBA information he posted regarding buyouts is incorrect. He's keeping everyone updated on the temperature though.

:( - lord knows what TG gets paid for his job, but i can't imagine that it's enough given everything he puts into it. he gets way too much guff around here.

why do you think so many players sign on july 1 every year? it's because there are limited dollars available and ending up without a team can be disastrous, especially for goalies. the offers don't generally increase.

So why are they available then?

I don't disagree with the premise that teams will look at Frolov or Poni as a cheap alternative to Kovy, but no one is going to spend anything on them UNTIL Kovy signs somewhere.

The other free agenst that signed on July 1st, don't have the asking price that Kovy does.

I have no doubt that most teams initially offered in the $6 to $7 million range, but Grossman has a way of manipulating the media speculation (e.g. KHL "rumors" and LA Kings rumors) to try and drum up the price (the Islanders??? The Av's??? Philly??? in recent days).

Kovy has the luxury of holding out and not rushing a decision.

Yep, this whole epic adventure of nothing has cut off the forward market. not that the forward market is any good, but the goons have been bought up before the "better" forwards available have.

it's no accident that most of the best forwards remaining are russian because odds are they are all playing the KHL and NHL against one another. everyone else is already gone.

if you want to throw a hat in the ring for free agency, your best bet is to do it on july 1, since i'd say that around 80% of the best players available are signed by the evening of july 2.

Edited by Triumph