Devils cards

waynec1969

I am a huge collector of Devils hockey cards, particularly rookie cards, game used (usually jersey swatches) and certified autographs. If anyone is interested in a particular player, let me know and I can post a scan or scans.

Thanks for the info and offers.

I might caution you that there is a large number of people in the "gamer community" (gameworn) that absolutely abhor the cutting up of gameworn jerseys into swatches and patches as it degrades thegameworn jersey collecting hobby. You might want to be careful where you post.

Just friendly advice. :evil:

I might caution you that there is a large number of people in the "gamer community" (gameworn) that absolutely abhor the cutting up of gameworn jerseys into swatches and patches as it degrades thegameworn jersey collecting hobby. You might want to be careful where you post.

Ugh, i hate those jersey cards for a few reasons. I just can't fathom someone spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on 1/10,000th or so of a whole jersey when you can have the whole entire thing. Plus, these cards now use "photo shoot" jerseys instead of on ice gamers :rofl:

I have a 5,000 count box full of Devils cards from 1982-2008 that i use for reference for jerseys and equipment that i've found some great matches with. There's little tricks to the trade when looking at cards for a certain date or location that can help in research. Plus all sets released "in season" will almost always be of set 1 jerseys for that year. For instance, a 2008-09 card set released in Dec 2008 or Jan 09 will have pics taken from Sept-Oct to whenever the company cut off date is. I've seen sets relaeased in Feb/March that have set 1 pics taken too.

I am a huge collector of Devils hockey cards, particularly rookie cards, game used (usually jersey swatches) and certified autographs. If anyone is interested in a particular player, let me know and I can post a scan or scans.

FWIW, I have dealt with waynec1969 in the past and he have been very happy with the service.

LOL, Don't blame me, blame Upper Deck!

But seriously, I can see both sides of that arguement... I'd love to have a full, game used jersey, but that costs some big bucks. On the other hand the 7 year old Devils fan with $10 of allowance money might be thrilled with having a Parise jersey card.

So, the question is... keep them whole and make the few with nice amounts of disposable income happy, or cut it up and make a lot happy? In reality, the decision is quite out of our hands. Ultimately whatever happens to a jersey (or stick, or glove, or blocker) is determined by the owner. When Upper Deck is the owner, they are going to cut it up to help make more money for themselves. Barring a massive rescue operation to liberate jerseys from their clutches (how cool would that be?), whatever happens, happens in the name of capitalism.

I am personally against vintage jerseys and equipment becoming swatches, due to the limited nature of the product. If the NHL and Upper Deck were smart, they'd somehow arrange for players to wear a different jersey each period, thus creating a nearly limitless supply to make everyone happy. I very much prefer the autograph cards to any memorabilia cards too.

Ugh, i hate those jersey cards for a few reasons. I just can't fathom someone spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on 1/10,000th or so of a whole jersey when you can have the whole entire thing. Plus, these cards now use "photo shoot" jerseys instead of on ice gamers :rofl:

I have a 5,000 count box full of Devils cards from 1982-2008 that i use for reference for jerseys and equipment that i've found some great matches with. There's little tricks to the trade when looking at cards for a certain date or location that can help in research. Plus all sets released "in season" will almost always be of set 1 jerseys for that year. For instance, a 2008-09 card set released in Dec 2008 or Jan 09 will have pics taken from Sept-Oct to whenever the company cut off date is. I've seen sets relaeased in Feb/March that have set 1 pics taken too.

Upper Deck creates artificial demand (and high "value") by serial numbering and limiting cards to print runs of 10 or print runs of 1. They're just looking to use these as "chase" cards to bulk up the sales of packs and boxes.

"Photo shoot" jersey cards piss me off too. Can't they just wait a few months to get a gamer?!?

My biggest peeve is when a player is traded and you get a Joe Thornton card picturing him in a Sharks uniform and it's got a yellow swatch from one of his Bruins jerseys.

FWIW, I have dealt with waynec1969 in the past and he have been very happy with the service.

Was I happy with the service, were you happy with the service, or were we both happy with the service? LOL

And forgive my lack of internet savvy, but what does FWIW stand for?

Wait, I think I figured it out!!!

"For What It's Worth"?

Was I happy with the service, were you happy with the service, or were we both happy with the service? LOL

And forgive my lack of internet savvy, but what does FWIW stand for?

Wait, I think I figured it out!!!

"For What It's Worth"?

LOL.....yeah..."For What It's Worth". I was happy....you took my money so I'm guessing you were happy. :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.