free agents

cubanjd305

As realistically speaking as possible, I can see Lou doing something like this next year...

Guys like Shanny, Holik, Havelid, and Rupp will either retire or find employment elsewhere. (Im hoping Holik retires and gets a job with Danno in the announcement booth lol). Gionta and Madden will either be let go or leave for more money. It wouldn't surprise me if Lou re-signs at least one of them, but let's assume the only people he brings back from this year's teama re Zajac, Odyua, and Greene...

I can see him bringing back Petr Sykora and going after a dman like Marc-Andre Bergeron from Minnesota. He's 28, has some size, and has a cannon of a shot. He put up 14 goals and 32 points this year, 7 of which were powerplay goals.

Along with any youngsters that make the team, in the unlikely event, I can see our lineup looking something like this next year...

Elias-Rolston-Sykora

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Bergfors-Vrana-Clarkson

Halischuk-Zubust-Pando

Bergeron-Martin

White-Odyua

Salvador-Corrente/Mottau/Greene

Marty

Clemmer (assuming he stays for whatever reason. Marty can't play 70 games anymore, so it'd make sense)

Not exactly a super lineup, but we'd get younger.

Sykora sucks, he put up 25 goals and 21 assists playing on a line with Malkin....that's underachievement if I've seen it.

yeah i was just about to say that. Beauchemin will probably get at least 4 mill a year, but id take that if im Lou. As for a second line centre, exploring Saku Koivu as an option may be a choice

Lets also not overrate Beuchemin who essentially was a throw-in the Federov trade. He was a minor league defensemen who's value went up playing alongside of Nieds.