GDT: Devils vs. Rags

ZeroGravityFat

Weren't the Rangers going to fall off a cliff by now if I remember correctly based on projections and the fact they only played sh!tty teams?

I'd still be surprised if they make it to the ecf. They've been very lucky to not have any major injuries and if Lundqvist plays to his playoff norm, they aren't going far at all.

It's not that he doesn't play 'okay' or have the occasional moment of brilliance, but he constantly needs to match Lundqvist save for save and seldom does.

Kind of hard to do that when your team barely scores at all...I've brought up the 10 GA in Lundqvist's last 9 starts against the Devils. In 7 out of those 9 games, the Devils have scored one goal or less, but actually managed to win two of them 1-0, thanks to one shutout by Hedberg and one shutout by Marty. When you score a whopping 5 goals in 7 games, no more than one in any of them, yet manage to go 2-5 in them, that's actually kind of miraculous.

It's not like the Devils have been taking two-goal leads, or scoring two or three in these games and watching Marty let the Rangers back into the game...most of the time Marty has absolutely nothing to work with. I'm not claiming that he's been awesome against the Rangers, but the problems the Devils have against that team go deeper than Marty.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

It's not like the Devils have been taking two-goal leads, or scoring two or three in these games and watching Marty let the Rangers back into the game...most of the time Marty has absolutely nothing to work with. I'm not claiming that he's been awesome against the Rangers, but the problems the Devils have against that team go deeper than Marty.

Amen.

Weren't the Rangers going to fall off a cliff by now if I remember correctly based on projections and the fact they only played sh!tty teams?

When the goalie is stopping pucks at a record-breaking rate (if he finishes the season with a .940 save%, he'll have set the regular-season record), that team is going to win a lot of games.

I think Tri's earlier projections were based on the Rangers not improving their earlier season play.

When the goalie is stopping pucks at a record-breaking rate (if he finishes the season with a .940 save%, he'll have set the regular-season record), that team is going to win a lot of games.

I think Tri's earlier projections were based on the Rangers not improving their earlier season play.

As much as I think Lindqvist deserves a lot of credit and is making the Rangers look good I also think the way they are playing defense help a big deal.

Give them credit right now they are an excellent team.

According to Elias Sports Bureau, the 28 combined shots on goal in Monday night's Devils-Rangers game were the fewest ever in a devils game. The previous low was 32 in an Oct. 27th, 2001, game against the Buffalo Sabres.