GDT: Devils @ Wild. 8:00 pm EST

Devil Fan

im not even pissed about this game, we got 30 shots, we just couldnt get the bounces our way, i think we played real good from what i saw... we played for about 2 min with an empty net and contained the puck in their zone

3 goals on 4 shots by Brodeur and Tedenby taking a dumb penalty at the end killed us, from what i saw Kovy played real well other than his turnovers, that line was flying.

seriously i wish we could have win this game but im not pissed at the guys really this time

One of the things that bothered me most about this game is that the Kovy/Parise/Henrique line finally contributed offensively and every other line did nothing. Where has Elias been these past few games? I haven't seen him do a single thing. I know he had to cool down eventually but he's become invisible out there...the whole second line has along with Clarkson. One problem gets sorted out and two new issues arise. It's awful.

I noticed this as well. If the elias line isn't scoring, or clarkson isn't potting one, we're just toast.

It doesn't look like Tedenby is going to score goals for us the way he is currently being used, so that whole line becomes about Clarkson scoring.

Line 1 - can Zach + Kovy score more than they give to the other team on a silver platter?

Line 2 - Are the old guys having an off night offensively?

Line 3 - Did Clarkson score a goal? (because the other two won't be)

Line 4 - Are pigs flying?

I honestly had no idea before the game that the Devils traded Kovalchuk to the Wild. He was like MAGIC tonight against the Devils.

Kyle Brodziak you were are worth every penny you are paid! This guy is the "John Madden" of Minnesota and I'd love to see him in a Devils uniform.

I really cannot blame every goal on Kovalchuk. He didn't actually shoot them, but the turnovers that he made when he was the last one back are his fault. Turnovers trying to stick-handle, deke, and skate with the puck when the pass was clearly the RIGHT answer. You cannot unteach this guy.

Kovalchuk, I will never be as good of a player as you, but please stop looking skyward after you screw-up; the answers are clearly not up there.

I think Parise has made up his mind on what to do next season after this cluster.

I switched channels and am watching an Islanders team compete with Chicago and the end of BU destroying BC in NCAA hockey.

• Like 1

im not even pissed about this game, we got 30 shots, we just couldnt get the bounces our way, i think we played real good from what i saw... we played for about 2 min with an empty net and contained the puck in their zone

3 goals on 4 shots by Brodeur and Tedenby taking a dumb penalty at the end killed us, from what i saw Kovy played real well other than his turnovers, that line was flying.

seriously i wish we could have win this game but im not pissed at the guys really this time

The way I saw it was: what is the point of doing a bunch of things right if you're going to send the other team massive gifts by way of your own stupid actions.

It negates everything positive, and just make this a frustrating thing to watch.

• Like 1

DeBoer and JMac must've had in their contracts that they HAD to play Kovalchuk on the point on the powerplay NO MATTER what. There is no other explanation. Kovalchuk should sit, but I don't know that Devils can afford to do that and play someone who has a legitimate chance at making an inpact.

For all of you plus/minus haters... I think Kovalchuk's plus/minus speaks for itself.

3 goals on 4 shots by Brodeur and Tedenby taking a dumb penalty at the end killed us, from what i saw Kovy played real well other than his turnovers , that line was flying.

you don't think that's a problem? I don't fault him for the last one, because there's no way he should be in a position to be last man back as a DEFENSEMAN, not to be confused with pointman.... but still, one of this team's key problems is turnovers everywhere on the ice.

i thought the Devils played pretty good tonight but ended up short. i see that a lot. A few weeks back, they played great vs Boston and then play like crap vs Buffalo i htink but lose vs Boston and win the later. Maybe Chicos optimism is poisoning my view. All i know is I never wanted Kovalchuk and he just cannnot pass, control the puck, or do anything but take a good hard shot . Watching him actually gave me flashbacks to being a kid and liking baseball and watching the Yankees in the late 80's/early 90's and i Wikipediaed Kevin Maas to see whatever happened to him. I'd take 2 AHL'er who are quick and know how to control the puck Tedenby style (but not our AHL'ers like Sestito and such. Anyhow still became a fun game to watch after what happened in the 1st. I look forward to the next one tommorow as long as they do the same effort.

Frustrating game but at least they didn't give up. The Devils ended up outshooting the Wild 31-16 including 22-10 over the final two periods. On to Winnipeg tomorrow.

Yeah, it's frustrating, but they played pretty well, save that 5 minute stretch in the first. They deserved a point from this one. Disappointing, but they get a chance to bounce back right away, so hopefully we get this kind of effort tomorrow with the points to match.

Somewhere Jamie Cancerbrunner is laughing at all of us as his team continues to thrive.

I miss him. Call him what you want, but he pretty-much gave you what he had every night. Sure he made mistakes like everyone else, but it was NOT the same every night, didn't result in a goal or an attempt on goal every time, and Chico didn't keep sugar-coating the truth.

How long before Kovalchuk jerseys become the new "GOMEZ" jerseys around the rink?

I just watched replays on the NHL Network and I still don't get how Marty didn't save AT LEAST one of those first three goals. If he just makes one save then it's a completely different game. I mean he literally could not have played worse tonight.

I miss him. Call him what you want, but he pretty-much gave you what he had every night. Sure he made mistakes like everyone else, but it was NOT the same every night, didn't result in a goal or an attempt on goal every time, and Chico didn't keep sugar-coating the truth.

How long before Kovalchuk jerseys become the new "GOMEZ" jerseys around the rink?

Never. This team plays dumb hockey. Kovy shouldn't be on the RW. He shouldn't be on the point on the PP (that never scores anyway). The defense shouldn't be a rag-tag group of losers that don't get the puck out of the zone.

Nothing makes sense. The turnovers. The lines. The Power Play. It's all terrible and yet we continue to do the same sh!t and beat our heads into the wall.

If you think this loss is on Kovy then you can just go become a Raggots fan.

Well Kovy and friends finally drove Marty off the deep end. Marty was in full 'I'm too old for this s*it' mode tonight and deserved to be pulled. I just don't get why this team plays so much better for Moose. Then again I don't get how any professional hockey player can be as dumb as Kovy.

lol at Langs giving you what he had every night, ask Lemaire about that one.

Someday someone is going to say, "hey Chorske you were right about Kovalchuk and we, well... we were wrong."

Kovalchuk is a big problem with coughing up the puck at crap times, it skips over his stick, he trips over Parise's skates, he half-arses it out there. This guy should never have been put on a line with Parise nor should he have ever been paid what he wanted. So stupid, but here we are watching him not make a single person better around him and have a crap season. Sure he might turn it on, but I wouldn't bank on it. I can hardly wait for the ney sayers to say, "he almost single-handledly put the Devils into the post season." ALMOST doesn't count. The Devils almsot won the cup in 2001. No one remembers that key point unless reminded of it.

I still get a kick out of someone on a previous thread who said something to the extent that "I see that Jamie Langenbrunner was NOT the problem." To whomever said that, I'll gladly buy you a beer. Lags wasn't the problem, Rolston might have been overpaid, but he was not the problem. While it isn't one thing, there are some players still on the team who are.

ON a positive note, I hope John MacLean proves people wrong with Captain Kirk in Carolina. Him being fired for poor preformances from players was crap despite what Lemaire did. Let's face it Lemaire is a great coach, but once you hit rock bottom like the Devils did, there is only one place left to go and that is UP. I'm not sure if the Devils can do much else with what they have. I like the optimism that surrounds the return of Zajac, but I don't think he is going to be the Super-Bandaid to fix this problem. Afterall, he can't skate for 60 minutes or should I say 65 given the track record for OT/shootouts.

You will never be right. If you think one player who busts his ass off and his committed a decade and a half of his life to this franchise is the reason we are losing games, you seriously should just stop watching hockey altogether. Even if he has a bad game, is there not 18 other players on the ice during the game? What are they doing to help the cause?

Get a grip.

Langencancer. The guy who bitched and moaned and ruined our 2009 playoff run because the coach tried to get him rested for the playoffs.

That fvcker dogged it constantly and had zero emotion. Anyone who thinks he was good for this team the past couple of seasons is an idiot.

He's on a 7/8 goal 30 point pace. Whoopidy do, he fit right in on RW on our team. It doesn't have anything to do with him.

But it had EVERYTHING to do with him when he was here! - in fact its still all his fault.

Point is, there are glaring defensive issues that have never been addressed on this team in regards to personnel that were never going to be solved by anyone's fantasy of an 18yr old wunderkin solution.

Offense is fine given that we are down two key pieces - and AH has stepped up well. Seriously, a rookie centering two top marquis players.

This team has done a good job with smoke and mirrors for years trying to make the public believe that they are still a sound defensive team, but they have never been able to hold back a determined adversary when it counted.

Is Larry still effective or does he lack the horses to get the job done?

Edited by DevilinLA

Well Kovy and friends finally drove Marty off the deep end. Marty was in full 'I'm too old for this s*it' mode tonight and deserved to be pulled. I just don't get why this team plays so much better for Moose. Then again I don't get how any professional hockey player can be as dumb as Kovy.

Yeah say what you want about Kovalchuk as a goal-scorer, but he has the hockey sense of a dead chicken.