NFL Week 9!!!

CRASHER

Young running back Lattimore retires,http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/11/5/7163365/marcus-lattimore-announces-his-retirement-from-football

Wish him the best. Wish he could have been able to play, was predicted if played, to be a breakout rookie. Much respect and wish best!

And with Peterson reaching his plea deal, good chance he plays this season. That'll cause a lot of debate and backfire.

Edited by CarterforPresident

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a shame with Lattimore, I felt the same when I heard Johnathan Franklin have to retire in the off-season too.....as for AP, for appearances sake, there's NO WAY he canbe allowed to just walk back into the NFL like nothing happened...and its a shame from a football POV, the Vikings are finally past all this AP distraction...and here he comes to bring it all back once the damn team is playing better.....

Ryan Mallett to get a shot at becoming the starter in Houston:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11826334/houston-texans-switch-ryan-mallett-starting-quarterback

Same old story with Fitzpatrick...just good enough to keep finding work, but not good enough to be anyone's long-term (or even short-term) solution...just too turnover- and mistake-prone.  If the Jets blow out their QBs next season, it wouldn't surprise me to see him wind up there for a year or two, as an insurance guy in case whatever QB the Jets draft looks like he isn't ready yet.  Fitz isn't great by any stretch, but at least he gives you some chance to win.  

That is a shame with Lattimore, I felt the same when I heard Johnathan Franklin have to retire in the off-season too.....as for AP, for appearances sake, there's NO WAY he canbe allowed to just walk back into the NFL like nothing happened...and its a shame from a football POV, the Vikings are finally past all this AP distraction...and here he comes to bring it all back once the damn team is playing better.....

And ayl scooping him up in the fantasy league takes the cake, Laflamme must really be ****ting himself :P

But really I don't know what anyone can do at this point, they can't legally keep him out anymore unless they invent another commisioner's list.  I guess the league or the Vikings could actually suspend him (without pay) for the misdemeanor but he'd probably go to court and lobby for the 'paid' suspension to count as time served.  They could always cut him but he'd resurface somewhere else they need a RB - maybe Atlanta or Oakland.  I'd say the Pats except they're still reeling from the whole Aaron Hernandez nonsense so I don't think they'd go near him.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't know if the cap situation makes him cuttable, I'll check when I get home, but from a PR and a young team turning the corner standpoint I'd want AP as far away from my team as humanly possible.....plus the NFL could make him the poster boy of their new mandate and really bring the hammer down on him for the season

AP is certainly cuttable in the off-season:

http://overthecap.com/player/adrian-peterson/1753/

(I would assume cutting him now would work too, but that could cause a sh&#33;tstorm similar to the one in the fantasy football world of making him up for grabs....imagine the Vikings cut him, he gets most of his money for the season< or all actually since his money is guaranteed since he was on the roster week 1)....and then New England signs him.....all hell would break loose....