412 replies to this topic

#361 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

I havent felt this happy in awhile. I believe.
It's the whiskey talking.

#362 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

Dear Kings Fans, Please keep chanting "Maaaaartyyyyyy". It only makes him stronger.

#363 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

Marty !

#364 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

Dear Kings Fans, Please keep chanting "Maaaaartyyyyyy". It only makes him stronger.

he thinks he's playing the rags and starts seeing red. love it.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#365 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

THAT is hysterical. I didn't notice he moved there so the camera could get a shot.

(I'd like to see who told him to do that... I just can't imagine it was Larry or Hall'n... I mean Adam)

Edited by Pepperkorn, 07 June 2012 - 08:09 AM.

I'm here for the party

#366 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

That's what my husband said. "Why are they DOING that?"

"It all started back in 1987 when Darryl Strawberry was in the outfield...."

I don't know if anyone noticed... but I have an answer for everything. And on this board, I generally like it to pertain to Scott Stevens...doesn't hold true in life so much but...

I'm here for the party

#367 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

When it got to be 3-0, I was hoping for a Game 6...it's one thing to be down 3-0 or 3-1, but once it's 3-2, and a win ties the series up...even if the Devils ran out of steam completely and got blown out in a potential Game 6, at least they had a CHANCE to tie the series. And I guess that's all I'm hoping for at this point...seeing the Devils have that chance.

At any rate, even if the Devils lose the series in five, I really feel like they nothing to be ashamed of: two games that could've gone either way, and a third game that wasn't quite as much a blowout as the score would indicate. Marty has given up one regulation goal in three of his four SCF starts, and has been terrific...no one can point to him and say he was the problem.

Great points. I was a little frustrated with Marty after Game 2. Even though he had a good game, *if* he coulda stopped that Doughty shot we could have won 1-0. That would have been a stolen game for sure...

But he basically stole last night's contest for us. Let's see what these boys can do on home ice...

If we pull it out, all the pressure is back on LA in their barn....the seeds of doubt will be creeping in.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#368 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

What a nice day today is,thank you Devils

#369 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Great points. I was a little frustrated with Marty after Game 2. Even though he had a good game, *if* he coulda stopped that Doughty shot we could have won 1-0. That would have been a stolen game for sure...

But he basically stole last night's contest for us. Let's see what these boys can do on home ice...

If we pull it out, all the pressure is back on LA in their barn....the seeds of doubt will be creeping in.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

That's grading Marty on a tough curve, and even if Marty stops that shot, from that point on you're basically operating on an alternate time tangent, a la Back to the Future II. The rest of the game wouldn't have necessarily evolved in the same fashion.

Agree on getting back to LA...at least the Devils would potentially be making things uncomfortable for the Kings, and their fans a little restless...and though I won't make too much of it, they're just 5-3 at home...they're bound to start hearing about their home "struggles". Of course, the Kings could make this all moot if they win Game 5, but might as well dream the dream...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#370 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Posted Image

Edited by theamazingtiny, 07 June 2012 - 10:04 AM.

They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#371 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Character win last night. This team could have easily packed it in being down 0-3 and in their building. They could have folded after the terrible penalty on Clarkaround led to Doughty's PP goal to tie the game. They could have been distracted by that huge rack sitting directly behind their bench throughout the game. But they didn't, and it says alot about the makeup of that locker room.

Now it's our turn to will this team to a win on Saturday. Refuse to lose!

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 07 June 2012 - 10:26 AM.

Posted Image

#372 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Potvin likes our chances. The last time I referenced him, we got Kovy.

#373 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Sykora has played in 6 of the last 12 Finals! Thats nuts!

#374 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

They could have been distracted by that huge rack sitting directly behind their bench throughout the game.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

...there was a game last night?

Sorry...musta been distracted.

Edited by NJCroMag, 07 June 2012 - 10:47 AM.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#375 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

As the "great" John Tortorella once said, "I like our teams' balls. Seriously, down 3-0 they could have easily mailed it in and concede the Cup. But no.....they gutted out a road win and live to see another day. Are we gonna win the series? Probably not. But wins like this are reasons why I am proud to be a fan of this team. Let's go Devils!

#376 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Some TSN commenters saying this was a boring game and a boring series?! Theyre like 6 year olds with A.D.D who want to see 8-7 games with Canadian teams in it, and who cant appreciate high-intensity, mental toughness, great goaltending, that is the SCF

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397803

#377 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Some TSN commenters saying this was a boring game and a boring series?! Theyre like 6 year olds with A.D.D who want to see 8-7 games with Canadian teams in it, and who cant appreciate high-intensity, mental toughness, great goaltending, that is the SCF

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397803

It's cool to call anything boring. Last night's game was not boring - the only thing that could've made it so is that the the series is 3-0, so the stakes aren't quite there yet.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#378 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

All I can ask for is that our team play hard and compete hard. It will be a very difficult task to take four in a row. The margin for error is ZERO.

#379 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Thank you Marty once again for keeping the team in the game.. well dont king henrique for raising the puck.. way to skate your heart out for the empty neter kovi..

its a 1-1 game with 5 minutes to go and slow ass Penner easily walks around Zidlicky.. wow was I living.. he got an ear full from me, I think he probably heard me too.. unreal

Love predicting the score.. 3-1 like I said.. game 5 is ours 2-0 I predict.. but game 6 is where I draw the line and just cross my fingers and hope for the best...

LGD
Posted Image

#380 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

THAT is hysterical. I didn't notice he moved there so the camera could get a shot.

(I'd like to see who told him to do that... I just can't imagine it was Larry or Hall'n... I mean Adam)

I was dying when I saw this last night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users