New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

C'mon....the State compensates with infernal heat, not much to do that isn't clubbing, and lower gas prices (even though you spend it just to get like coffee)

Ok you said it Coffee, Food period, Stone Pony, oh and sleazside Heights, lol j/k but I do miss home but will be moving back to E. Rutherford soon so not all is lost can not wait to see a game in The Rock.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I hope he signs with LA. It's obvious it's his first choice. I'd hate to be the team he settled for. If he does come to us and has to 'settle' then we won't see his best and we'll have to pay though the nose to get it. Sign with LA already and end the drama for us fans. I'll miss you Kovy, but please end our suffering. :)

Scoops

I still think his wife is forcing to sign in LA, so she can be a Victoria Beckham of some sorts... IMO he didn't fit to well with the Devils, and if we keep him is almost certain that some tension btw players vs management is gonna grow.

I Hate to lose a awesome player like kovy, but I think is best the Devils just let him walk...

Au contrare...oh wait....it has 20 lanes in Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach.......in Miami it onle has 3-4 and two "express" lanes

yeah, it's worse between West Palm and the airport. too many lanes leads to people driving diagonally. lol. the Miami

drivers are probably worse, but they're corraled. there's no one coming at you from 100 feet outside.

yeah, it's worse between West Palm and the airport. too many lanes leads to people driving diagonally. lol. the Miami

drivers are probably worse, but they're corraled. there's no one coming at you from 100 feet outside.

Broward County has too much space with the 8-9 lanes it has at some points :lol:

Dade has less room....that becomes lesser due to the mentioned as$holes doing 45 'cause of the phone....or grandma doing 35-40

Oh no doubt outside of LA is a popular choice for Kings players, as from what I hear (and I am ignorant on LA but I have heard) LA is not a good place to raise a family. However, I would assume the education level is a lot higher in the NJ suburbs than the LA suburbs.

It's about time Chelios moved to Florida.

Let me help you here.

LA is not set up as a "mega-urbancity-downtown" with suburbs in the way that NY or say Boston is. It is a collection of cities, areas, and communities that form LA as a whole.

Very few folks LIVE in the CITY (aka where the towers are) other than homeless folks and a few loft-dwellers.

Having said that LA is much more than the snapshot of the ghetto you see in gangsta rap videos.

There is more $$$ here than any community in the US save maybe NY (And the film industry is giving them a run for their money).

Communities that Kovy would be living in like: Malibu, Newport Beach, Beverly hills, Thousand Oaks, Anaheim Hills are amongst the most beautiful in the U.S and are a GREAT place to raise a family. Even if these are out of the average folk price range there are still many that are wonderful places to grow up (including the Valley, Santa Clarita, Orange County, and Ventura County). Make no mistake that the educational strength of LAUnified is a joke, but here most folks send their students to private schools their entire lives - and not just the rich. Kovy's kids would be amongst the most elite students with their choice of schools out here.

While I'm in no one pissing on NJ - because I think its a great place to live - LA is beautiful and has so much more than some of the plastic surgery, Paris Hilton, Gangsta Rap stereotypes that are being served up by some in this thread.

Kovy's family should have no worries either way at this point.

Edited by DevilinLA

Let me help you here.

LA is not set up as a "mega-urbancity-downtown" with suburbs in the way that NY or say Boston is. It is a collection of cities, areas, and communities that form LA as a whole.

Very few folks LIVE in the CITY (aka where the towers are) other than homeless folks and a few loft-dwellers.

Having said that LA is much more than the snapshot of the ghetto you see in gangsta rap videos.

There is more $$$ here than any community in the US save maybe NY (And the film industry is giving them a run for their money).

Communities that Kovy would be living in like: Malibu, Newport Beach, Beverly hills, Thousand Oaks, Anaheim Hills are amongst the most beautiful in the U.S and are a GREAT place to raise a family. Even if these are out of the average folk price range there are still many that are wonderful places to grow up (including the Valley, Santa Clarita, Orange County, and Ventura County). Make no mistake that the educational strength of LAUnified is a joke, but here most folks send their students to private schools their entire lives - and not just the rich. Kovy's kids would be amongst the most elite students with their choice of schools out here.

While I'm in no one pissing on NJ - because I think its a great place to live - LA is beautiful and has so much more than some of the plastic surgery, Paris Hilton, Gangsta Rap stereotypes that are being served up by some in this thread.

Kovy's family should have no worries either way at this point.

Thanks for the info. How bad is the cost of living (taxes, home prices, etc...) in the areas you listed? And what I really would like to know is how strong is the Russian community in and around LA?

hahaha I remember no sexy time for him until he signs with the Kings

I think Kovy's in the dog house until she gets her movie deal.

Edited by ben00rs

Thanks for the info. How bad is the cost of living (taxes, home prices, etc...) in the areas you listed? And what I really would like to know is how strong is the Russian community in and around LA?

I think Kovy's in the dog house until she gets her movie deal.

There is a large and vibrant Russian community here and a "little Russia" or something area near W.Hollywood. (add jokes here....)

Depends on the community - Taxes are ridiculous as expected.... but your paying to keep the neighborhood the way it is per say. Looking clean, nice, and well-maintained.

There is a large and vibrant Russian community here and a "little Russia" or something area near W.Hollywood. (a breeding ground for movie villains)

Depends on the community - Taxes are ridiculous as expected.... but your paying to keep the neighborhood the way it is per say. Looking clean, nice, and well-maintained.

oh?...I did not know this. Does the Russian community extend into the Suburbs though?

The Kings would be smarter to drive him right through that area and give him the full tour of "little Russia" then to take him to the stadium. I heard the Russian community didn't exist out there. I guess I am mistaken. Hmmm...Lou is going to struggle to come up with an argument for Kovy to stay here.

Edited by ben00rs

There is a large and vibrant Russian community here and a "little Russia" or something area near W.Hollywood. (add jokes here....)

West Hollywood?! what, does Kovy shave his legs??

haha, or that's what I remember from the Conan segment when he was on the Tonight Show out West....for like a week. Conan asked the guy what came before the lotion and what his name was. And NBC edited the "his" or something and I didn't realize why for about ten seconds and then I realized and I laughed until it hurt. oh oh oh

Plus, in LA Kovy can go to his new doctor and say "I'm so stressed from that Lamoriello guy and his huge black cap that I can't sleep" and the doctor will write him out a prescription for a pound of Purple Urkel. You can't get that in NJ unless you're willing to chance 15 years with it as well ;)

Plus, in LA Kovy can go to his new doctor and say "I'm so stressed from that Lamoriello guy and his huge black cap that I can't sleep" and the doctor will write him out a prescription for a pound of Purple Urkel. You can't get that in NJ unless you're willing to chance 15 years with it as well ;)

I thought they legalized medical usage of marijuana in New Jersey.

You're harshing my mellow man.

Adam Henrique per TG:

Have the Devils given you any indication that they think you can make the team?

“We had a big meeting (Sunday) with everybody and Lou (Lamoriello) said he’s expecting a few guys in the room to be on the Devils. So, I’m just looking forward to the opportunity. I think I have a chance to crack the lineup and, if I have a good summer, a good off-season, a good training camp, why not?”

Just gotta find the right doctor.

Well, In Cali they have the "doctors" right in or next to the "Marijuana marts" ready to write you a perscription. Def the most convienient place to buy. I'm not sure that the ability to buy pot factors in to Kovy's decision though. I would guess he doesn't smoke.

Edited by ben00rs

Adam Henrique per TG:

Have the Devils given you any indication that they think you can make the team?

“We had a big meeting (Sunday) with everybody and Lou (Lamoriello) said he’s expecting a few guys in the room to be on the Devils. So, I’m just looking forward to the opportunity. I think I have a chance to crack the lineup and, if I have a good summer, a good off-season, a good training camp, why not?”

To which David Clarkson gives him a sharp punch to the face and says, "LOU!?!? I believe you mean Mr. Lamoriello!!!"