Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

DevsFan7545

i think thats what it means, so i'm all for this trade now. one way or another they're getting a 2nd, the question is are we going to end up essentially swapping 3rds

Just to be clear, because I think there is some confusion, it does not appear that the Devils get a 2nd rounder no matter what. If Dallas does not make the 2nd round and does not re-sign Langenbrunner prior to or during the offseason then the Devils only get this years 3rd rounder from Dallas.

Why, are you scared of the Langenbrunner slap shot? He would no doubt give us a PP a game for tripping...maybe even an extra 2 for unsportsmanlike.

Nah. I have respect for what he did for us and I dont hate the guy. Id just rather not see him come back regularly.

i don't believe so. i think if they win the round, the devils get a 2nd and the trade is fulfilled. if they do not, then the thing about him re-signing kicks in.

I'm ok with either, this draft is fairly weak and we are already missing our 2nd and 3rd from the Kovalchuk trade and penalty. I would rather get as many 2012 picks as humanly possible.

I think Lou must be studying Zen Buddhism.

"Lou was walking down the hallway in the Devils Management Offices today.

Two of his staff ran up to Lou and asked, 'Master, we've traded Langenbrunner, who are we trading next and when?' Upon hearing this question Lou bent down, took off his shoes, put them on top of his head and walked away. The staff memebers were enlightened."

I didnt want just a draft pick for our captain. Draft picks wont help us next season. We are going to be in the exact same position next season and Zajac will go.

its not even a guarantee that we get a pick for this coming draft. It could be in 2012.

Edited by Quinn01

Parise has to go. He has to. No player with half a brain can possibly agree to stay on a team so clearly hamstrung with no balls to fight back.

I love Lou and he had to do what he had to do, But Parise has to too Come on. No matter what Parise had to go after this season. This is the single most monumental disaster in hockey in the last 30 years as far as I'm concerned.

I think Lou wad colluded against and I think he took every bad road he could have taken. The System is about the fight --- not the slow half-assed compromising sh!t on some players be loyal to others. Just stupid. I see no one better than Lou to take the helm so I don't care if he stays -- once you get a new popular guy in who meets with middling or short-lived success -- then it's game over The Devils are the Canes, Preds, Sabres, Bruins.... on of the pack who will occasional rise above based on luck and the law of averages.

It won't hold my interest. Lou holds my interest. The System hold my interest... if both leave the team there's no reason to watch hockey with the ardor I have been these past 10 years.

I didnt want just a draft pick for our captain. Draft picks wont help us next season. We are going to be in the exact same position next season and Zajac will go.

its not even a guarantee that we get a pick for this coming draft. It could be in 2012.

a THIRD ROUND pick.

:doh1: I knew it had to be bad to take that long... I went with THE LOWEST possible doable option in my post before the announcement. And that's what they had to go with --- and it was only done as a favor.... not to Lou but for Jamie.

This organization is SO EFFED IN THE A!

Edited by Pepperkorn

As I am easily confused and not as rabid a follower as some, we lose one of our next four 1st rounders to Bettman and crew, and didn't we also throw in another 1st rounder in the Kovy deal? When do we have to fork over the 1st to Atlanta?

Edited by jim777

Conditional first, really?

Greene a UFA after this season is going to bring a 2nd as well? Why?

greene should bring a 2nd because any team can fit him in, he can play capably in all situations, and he's an upgrade on anyone's third pairing around the league. there should be 10 teams calling about greene.

NTC fellas! Langs basically got to decide where he was going. Dallas made the offer.....we shed $2.9.....Lou took what he could get......end of story.

I would have much rather dealt Rolston's salary. But noone was buying that contract even at half price. More moves will be made and don't expect much in return. Teams will take advantage of our situation.....you can bet on it!

As I am easily confused and not as rabid a follower as some, we lose one of our next four 1st rounders to Bettman and crew, and didn't we also throw in another 1st rounder in the Kovy deal? When do we have to fork over the 1st to Atlanta?

It was last years 1st to Atlanta, so that part is already fulfilled.

Good deal. You aren't going to get better for a guy with a NTC. I would have liked to have Dallas include a nothing prospect in the deal so I could get excited about him, but this is a decent return.

Although I like the trade for Dallas much more than I like it for the Devils, it was clear for months the Devils needed to trade the guy.

if you don't know what the conditions are, it's pretty silly to judge this deal quite yet. this is what you get for not waiting for the deadline, by the way - values go down, not up, because teams don't want the extra salary.

Oh please...Wisniewski got a 2nd and a 5th a couple of weeks ago. If anything teams need players sooner with all the parity and Jamie's salary's not that prohibitive. $1.4 million for half a season.

If you'd told me a few days ago we were getting a third for Jamie I'd say fine...but with all the reports of multiple picks, prospects, whatever - a 3rd does feel like a dissapointment. That said Lou might have had better offers but I'm sure he had to come to Jamie with a list of teams that he could waive the NTC for and Jamie picked Dallas for obvious reasons.