2014 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

99% chance it's the former. I don't really see the Jets giving him his asking price this year when they traded him because they wouldn't give him his asking price last year.

I think the differences now are that the Jets have more cap space, and that Idzik might actually believe the Jets can compete for the playoffs, which no one thought last offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know much about Smith, but the buzz seems positive on him. Had offers from three teams apparently (Pats, Giants, Fins), but chose the Fins. Fills another need on the o-line for reasonable money, so good on Hickey there. Finnegan I'm not sure about for that coin- he isn't what he once was. He is better than Nolan Carroll though, so that's something. He sounds motivated to prove he's still got it. Hopefully he backs up the talk.

Just a random thought for some reason, but I am really, really hoping that the Niners somehow manage to screw things up with Harbaugh. If that's the case, from my fan's standpoint we're playing with house money this season. If the team finally brings it together and makes postseason football interesting to me, then great. If not, I think there's a good chance that Ross goes all in again for Harbaugh, this time with a little more tact. And unlike being in a position to draft a generational QB like the Colts always seem to be able to do, we wouldn't have to be the worst team in the league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the Niners bungle the Harbaugh thing (and it looks like they may have), If he signs with Miami he will make a winner out of your QB.

Indeed. That's why I'm on board with Daniel's way of thinking- house money. If the team wins and makes the playoffs- great! If they don't Philbin will be gone... And if Harbaugh is available (a distinct possibility at this point), Ross will go after him hard and have a real shot to land him (this time after firing the current head coach first).

Everything is all speculation. And when I said city I ment the fans. Ballke is replaceable. Harbaugh. Is not

I think there's more to it than that.  There's no reason to not have given the coach an extension by now unless there's some rift.  Doesn't mean it won't be resolved eventually though.

The rift, has actually been their since day one. Their two different type of people. But it has greatly helped them. But it being to a point where Ballke would trade him, or he doesn't have the locker room (utterly false) isn't really there, at least in depth, its been shot out by plenty of people in the room and behind the scenes. I really don't think nothing will happen, Jim's more valuable to them then Ballke, but if he ended up in Miami, you'd be a lot better, as would Ryan Tannehill.

I think there's more to it than that. There's no reason to not have given the coach an extension by now unless there's some rift. Doesn't mean it won't be resolved eventually though.

Rumours of Wallace for DeSean Jackson, but Wallace's crazy money could be the deciding factor.

At work, can't post link, but I got it from PFT for those who care.

This is all originating with Jason La Confora who has been saying for weeks that the Phins are open to trading Dion Jordan, Wallace and Cameron Wake.  The Dolphins flat out denied it, but La Canfora is sticking to his guns.  He reported that the Phins are again shopping Wallace, and that others around the league told him that Desean Jacson would make sense, not that that particular deal has even been discussed or is on either team's radar.

There's a little bit of smoke here, but not much. 

Who would want Wallace ???? He is an average WR with top tier salary.

His numbers would have been a whole lot better if Tamnehill could have managed to hit him on a few open deep passes. Overpaid yes, but not average.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk