Devils Fans Out In Force!!

Elias Sports Bureau

LOTS of Devils fans down in Sunrise, Florida for the All-Star Block Party festivities.

I hath touched the cup!! No more than touched it, I ran over and hugged it and made a whole line of tired people laugh. :)

Then I crouched and touched 2000 (1995 was in back, durn it!!) as I got my Polaroid taken. And then I hugged it again for my digicam pic. (At some point I'll show that off online.)

Funny moment in the Slapshot booth. The Thrashers mascot, Thrash, came over to my booth when I was working alone and started playing goal. He kinda scared some people -- he's a bit menacing with the beak and pounding his stick on the ground and what not. It was pretty funny. Then I set him up and he took some shots and we high-fived. High-class entertainment!!

Well today's the skills comp, I'm hoping to get in!!! Already know I'm volunteered for much of the actual game so I won't even try to spend my money there.

This remeinds me of my seeing the cup experience.

After the Banner raising Ceremony when we won the cup in 1999-2000.

A group of my friends and I decided to go over to Hoolihans over by the arena for dinner. As we were waiting for out food to arrive a group of really hot women came in. As it is our job as typical males we were drooling and oogling. Following them in were a few of really dorky looking guys and euro trash bleach blonde losers. they took a group of tables over to our left. Like I said earlier it being our job and all we continued to check out the women. All at the same time they were looking at us and talking amongst themselves. And then Low and behold in walks the cup with those two guys who were it's care takers. We nearly soiled ourselves. Being we were so preoccupied with their women two of the guys with them were in fact Patrik Elias and Petr Sykora. You'd think we would have picked it up earlier being they were all speaking Cech and most likely thought we were staring because two of us still had our Devils sweaters on thinking we noticed them. But in conclusion. They were really nice guys and once they finish eating we went up man handled the cup I'm talking we picked it up spun it around fondled it a bit. ANd it was all cool. That night they also gave out mini replica banners as we exited the arena so Patty and Petr Signed it for us. Too bad we couldn't find a camera anywhere so I was unable to get pics. But it was an unbelievable and unforgetable night.

FINALLY some pictures that actually look like you Paige!!!

I'd be scared to touch it! I remember when i was little my Dad always reverently said "There it is....the Stanley Cup...the ugliest trophy in the history of sports...isn't it great?"

I guess your dad never saw the World Cup soccer trophy. Now, that's one ugly piece of trophy, even if it's made of gold!

Nice pics Paige. LMAO

The closest I ever got to touching the Cup was when I worked with FSNY as a PA in 2000-01.

The Devils were raising their banner and low and behold the Cup was in the interview room! It was so shiny and beautiful!!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes.

If you ever get a chance to see it, go!

I got my pic taken with the Cup. Summer of 2000, Jim Dowd took the cup down to this local pizza place here in Toms River and I found out about it. It was so great. I got to kiss it, put my arms around it and have a pic taken with it. Only bad thing about the pic was there was a kid in the pic with me that i have NO idea who he is and at the last second just jumped into the pic with me. and the worst part is there wasnt anyone there taking a pic of him with it. noone was with him. he was this wise ass smerk on his face like "hahahaha, i just ruined ur picture" type of face. very pissed off at him. i yelled at him after the pic was taken cause it was the last pic on the roll. argh.

I had a chance at getting my picture taken with the Cup during the 2000-01 season when they let all season/partial ticket holders have a photo session with the Stanley Cup on a designated day...unfortunately for me, the day the photograph session was on was the day I had ear surgery, so I couldn't go! :(:( :( :( :(

Nice pictures though! hehe :P

I got my pic taken with the Cup. Summer of 2000, Jim Dowd took the cup down to this local pizza place here in Toms River and I found out about it.

What the heck!!! I live in Toms river. I can't believe I missed that. What pizza place was it at? :evilcry: Ken Daneyko was in Toms River too. His picture is up in Driftwood Deli (the BEST subs in NJ, better then Jersey Mikes even). That deli has tons old school devils banners and pictures. I also couldn't make it to Pt. Pleasant when the cup was there in 2000. I miss all the good stuff. OK, enough whining from me. :P

I got my pic taken with the Cup. Summer of 2000, Jim Dowd took the cup down to this local pizza place here in Toms River and I found out about it. It was so great. I got to kiss it, put my arms around it and have a pic taken with it. Only bad thing about the pic was there was a kid in the pic with me that i have NO idea who he is and at the last second just jumped into the pic with me. and the worst part is there wasnt anyone there taking a pic of him with it. noone was with him. he was this wise ass smerk on his face like "hahahaha, i just ruined ur picture" type of face. very pissed off at him. i yelled at him after the pic was taken cause it was the last pic on the roll. argh.

In 1995, Dowd brought the cup to Monmouth Park (Horsetrack) in little ole Oceanport!!!!! I have a picture of him and the cup in the attic somewhere (supposedly) I'm scared to go up there, but my dad says it is. I dunno I was like 10 or something. I don't remember! Hahah! ;)

FINALLY some pictures that actually look like you Paige!!!

Haha, Janie!!!

It must be that I don't look myself when I get to meet a Devil.

I was nuts when I saw the Cup (my friends said to each other that they thought I was gonna run off with it), but I was maintained at least. Not maintained when I see my boys in person, I guess.

Well, I spent most of my volunteer day yesterday hearing many volunteers talk about how they'd seen Marty when he was there at the same time I was (off-duty). He took the boys around to play the different games. They saw him at He Shoots, He Scores. They saw him just milling about signing autographs. They saw him trying to find his own bobblehead. They saw him at the booth I work -- Slapshot -- his was 70 mph (but he didn't get to use a goalie stick).

It was very reminiscent of listening to all my friends here and in NJ talk about meeting the boys regularly. I just kept rolling my eyes.

Roenick also was at the Slapshot booth yesterday at some point. Missed him, didn't care.

Dale Hawerchuk (OK, who goes back that far???) was in my Slapshot booth for about an hour, helping people with their shots. That was kind of fun. Even though the women thought he sounded familiar cause of Havlicek. Duh. :joker: