EPL

redruM

Such a disappointment, Chelsea got a huge lucky break.  One slip by Gerrard changed the entire complexion of the game. 

All Liverpool can do now is win their last two games and hope someone else can do some damage to Man City. 

On the relegation side, 38 points is the safety line right now, so Swansea is now officially safe, and a bunch others are close.  If Sunderland wins their game in hand, Norwich, Cardiff, and Fulton are each a loss away from going down.

There was an element of luck on the first goal, but Chelsea put on a tactical masterclass, and were in every way better than Liverpool. We came in with a game plan and executed it to the letter.  

I cant see Norwich getting another point this season so i think they are down. But then again i couldnt see Sunderland getting anything out of City and Chelsea at home. Sunderland have a decent run in as do Fulham, i see Villa having massive problems on the last day of the season Totenham will want that europa spot from Everton.

I think realistically 37 points keeps you up this year.

Sunderland has been huge the last feew weeks, people had them dead and burried a long time ago, but it looks like they will probably survive to play again next year. & Crystal palace has been on a nice run as well, upto 10th I beleive.

Arsenal will end up in 4th as Everton choked their chacnes away...

Gus Poyet said sunderland needed a Miracle, well i think they already got one.

Agreed on Arsenal, Everton have a much tougher last two.

I see Everton stealing a point from City, especially at home. No one has been able to do what they needed to when they controlled their own destiny, and I don't see City bucking that trend, especially against an Everton team that, while they've made some mistakes recently, has a ton of pride, enough talent, and something to play for. IMO if Liverpool can do what they're supposed to (big if, since they're arguably the least talented of the top 3), it's still theirs to lose, even if City has the mathematical edge now.

There is a very, very good chance of this happening, but i think City will pull out all the stops for saturday. I think they risk David Silva and get the win. Liverpool have got a very unfortunate fixture against Crystal Palace on a monday night in Selhurst. Palace will be up for that game and are notoriously good against Liverpool at home. I can see points being dropped there. 

There is a very, very good chance of this happening, but i think City will pull out all the stops for saturday. I think they risk David Silva and get the win. Liverpool have got a very unfortunate fixture against Crystal Palace on a monday night in Selhurst. Palace will be up for that game and are notoriously good against Liverpool at home. I can see points being dropped there. 

Palace has been crazy since Pulis took over. They might have decided the title more than anyone else. 

Real Madrid won today 4-0 going all the way!

Extremely premature. Atleti have already beaten them once and the second fixture was a draw. They can beat Real.

As for the EPL, I'm a Spurs supporter, so Ive got nothing to add lol.

Grats on your Premier League title Man City.

After 8th last year, I can't be too mad about playing Champions League football next season.

Hopefully this is the start of a long period of good results for Liverpool, and not one fleeting moment at the top of the standings.

• 2 weeks later...

So Arsenal finally wins a trophy, Ramsey is clearly the most important player on this team, when he was injured they when from 1st to 5th, and when he returned the offense all of the sudden restarted again.

The fact that thery were dwon 2-0 to Hull was really scarey..but really nice win

It was unfortunate for Hull that they found themselves with such an early lead. They would have been better keeping it at 0-0 for longer and getting the sucker punch right at the end.

You can 100% tell that Arsenal haven't won anything for a while, I think Wigan made less of a fuss last year and the beat City. Also all the Arsenal shirts have been dusted off, lots of Robert Pires and Lundberg shirts out and about.

Next year is looking to be a very , very exciting season.

Depending on transfers and how quickly Van Gaal settles in it could be 5 teams challenging to the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Lampard has played his last game in a Chelsea shirt. Apparently he is off to New York City Football Club to join David Villa.

One hell of a player, IMO the best Midfielder of his generation.

He is a true pro and a gentleman, if any of you guys get a chance to go see him next season (if he does sign) go see him and Villa.

Lampard is a piece of sh!t who has no business playing in New York City after his comments about 9/11. fvck him.

What are you talking about, He didn't make any comments.

He was drunk in a hotel with a load of his team mate, they were just being loud, they didn't say anything to anyone about 9/11. It just happened to be the day after 9/11. 

Once again the media blowing things out of proportion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1341356/Chelsea-four-fined-for-drunken-abuse.html

The players involved, including the England Under-21 stars Frank Lampard, Jody Morris and John Terry, were said to have sneered and laughed at grieving relatives in the Posthouse hotel. 

You said comments he made, he didn't make any comments.

Also the stuff about them intentionally abusing Americans has been show to be untrue, they were just generally being annoying to everyone.

Were they drunk and acting inappropriately in a public place? yes. was it intentionally to upset Americans because of 9/11? No.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Possibly the most interesting thing this season will be seeing how United actually work as a team. They have the most unbalanced squad in the league.

Apart from the defending against Everton, Chelsea have been looking promising.

Arsenal would struggle to accommodate Fabregas IMHO Red. They need Ramsey and Wilshire to get games. And Wenger won't give up on Ozil being better than Cesc.

Possibly the most interesting thing this season will be seeing how United actually work as a team. They have the most unbalanced squad in the league.

LVG really took over a diffcult job with the team constructed the way it was. It's going to be a process so I don't expect success right away but I'm confident they'll get there eventually. I'm pleased with his first transfer window. Some credit for Herrera and Shaw should probably go to Moyes but LVG surprised me bringing in big players like di Maria and Falcao along with smaller, but important players like Rojo and Blind. I still think highly of Kagawa but the RVP signing really impacted his time with United and with players like Mata and Januzaj there wasn't a spot for him. Surprised they sold Lawrence but it was clear that the AM spot wouldn't be available in the near future. Hard to lose Welbeck but I think it's a great move for him personally and I hope he succeeds at Arsenal.

I'm curious to see if he will stick with the 3-5-2 now that he's added new players. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to a 4-3-3. I don't doubt the 3-5-2 but it's clear the players are still learning the system (especially the defenders in buildup play) and the wingbacks are a huge area of concern right now.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...