Official 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Thread

MDPucks

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Philly in 4
    • Philly in 5
    • Philly in 6
    • Philly in 7
    • Chicago in 4
    • Chicago in 5
    • Chicago in 6
    • Chicago in 7

Congrats to the Blackhawks!

The ref looked like he wanted to avoid being the new Jim Joyce and make sure he made the right call instead of making a quick, potentially incorrect call. He ended up just sorta freezing.

As for the Philly fans, I thought they actually handled it well. Booing the Conn Smythe is nothing (didn't we boo Giggy?). But when the Cup was presented, the cheering was noticable. Hats off to ya, Philly. For once, you kept it relatively classy.

Image Of The Night No. 3: Toews being legitimately shocked to win the Smythe. It looked to me like he thought the award was Kane's. Not a selfish bone in this kid's body.

Image Of The Night No. 2: Madden helping his kids pose as if they were hoisting the Cup themselves. The Stanley Cup celebration is always better than any other pro championship trophy's, and it's stuff like this that really bring that point home.

Image Of The Night No. 1: Roenick's emotion. It really showed how much he cares about the Cup, the fans and the team he came up with. Great moment. And like most great things, Milbury ruined it. :lol:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respected the Flyers. Their fans were pretty classless last night, booing Toews when he accepted the Conn Smythe and then booing the Hawks in their moment. Would it kill them to show a little respect?

All I was thinking though was 'damn I can't wait to see my team make a run like that again one day.'

Who gives a sh!t. We booed Giguere and we would have booed the Ducks if we lost to them as well. They didn't boo the whole cup presentation or celebration, they mainly booed kane and dustin byfuglien. I don't blame them one bit for booing byfuglien, if anything that jackass deserved to have sh!t thrown at him.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Plain and simple EVERY announcer that did Game 6 last night including Doc, BLEW the GWG in OT call last night by Kane. What were they watching or looking at when Kane scored? I saw it the first time in real action and flew off my couch and so did the rest of the people that were watching it with me. lol.

Plain and simple EVERY announcer that did Game 6 last night including Doc, BLEW the GWG in OT call last night by Kane. What were they watching or looking at when Kane scored? I saw it the first time in real action and flew off my couch and so did the rest of the people that were watching it with me. lol.

You're just something special now, aren't you?

Congrats to the Blackhawks!

The ref looked like he wanted to avoid being the new Jim Joyce and make sure he made the right call instead of making a quick, potentially incorrect call. He ended up just sorta freezing.

As for the Philly fans, I thought they actually handled it well. Booing the Conn Smythe is nothing (didn't we boo Giggy?). But when the Cup was presented, the cheering was noticable. Hats off to ya, Philly. For once, you kept it relatively classy.

Image Of The Night No. 3: Toews being legitimately shocked to win the Smythe. It looked to me like he thought the award was Kane's. Not a selfish bone in this kid's body.

Image Of The Night No. 2: Madden helping his kids pose as if they were hoisting the Cup themselves. The Stanley Cup celebration is always better than any other pro championship trophy's, and it's stuff like this that really bring that point home.

Image Of The Night No. 1: Roenick's emotion. It really showed how much he cares about the Cup, the fans and the team he came up with. Great moment. And like most great things, Milbury ruined it. :lol:

Absolutely agree with you on #1. I usually enjoy Milbury's douchiness, but he absolutely ruined a great moment about a guy representing star players around the world like Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Griffey, Marino, etc. who have had such great careers but never were able to win the ultimate prize, and how much it means to them and how much it hurts them. Roenick was simply happy for the city and the fans who waited so long to get a trophy that he couldn't deliver to them.

Philly fans were very classy in defeat. As classy as you an get actually.

I got to say...I was really hoping for Philly to win game 6 and Chicago to win it all at home in game 7. Nothing better than a game 7 for the Cup. I could only imagine how electric that building would have been. As for the Flyers...what can you say? Truly an incredible playoff run and a reminder of just how damn talented this team is. Although, they rendered the regular season absolutely useless after sucking it up for 82 regular season games.

Congrats to all the Blackhawks fans who stuck with this team during those down years. It's got to feel pretty damn good right now.

Who gives a sh!t. We booed Giguere and we would have booed the Ducks if we lost to them as well. They didn't boo the whole cup presentation or celebration, they mainly booed kane and dustin byfuglien. I don't blame them one bit for booing byfuglien, if anything that jackass deserved to have sh!t thrown at him.

They did boo during the presentation, but Bettman was on the ice so I figured they were booing him.

I gotta say...as much as I hate the Flyers and their fans, that was a real tough way to lose a Cup.

Weird series for the goaltenders, all made some great saves and all gave up some that made you think 'really, you let that one in?'

Eh, I remember Dallas being cool to us. Pittsburgh applauded Detroit in 08, and vice versa in 2009. I just feel that at that point, it's over. Your team gave their all and fell just a game or 2 short.

+1 To say the Flyers fans did anything unreasonable last night after watching their team lose the cup at home, is just stupid.

Edited by ben00rs

No ya see this is different. Fans were not booing Giguere... he had an awesome playoff worthy of Conn Smythe honors but everyone believed that Brodeur deserved it more. They were booing the decision made by the hockey writers to pick Giguere over Brodeur. Media types spun it as the fans were booing Giguere because they despise NJ. No one wants to see NJ win a cup.

NO ONE on the Flyers was worthy of Conn Smythe honors for thier playoff run more then Toews. They were booing out of spite, nothing more.

If the SCFs was NJ vs. Chicago and the Blackhawks had won the Cup at the Rock, considering the current makeup of our fanbase, I think we would've had a vocal minority of fans booing during portions of the celebration too. And then gradually courtesy cheers would've drowned out the boos. ... Much the same way it happened last night in Philly.

No ya see this is different. Fans were not booing Giguere... he had an awesome playoff worthy of Conn Smythe honors but everyone believed that Brodeur deserved it more. They were booing the decision made by the hockey writers to pick Giguere over Brodeur. Media types spun it as the fans were booing Giguere because they despise NJ. No one wants to see NJ win a cup.

Well there were two other differences...one that Giguere won it on the losing team (after a mediocre finals), Toews got it on the winning team. Plus the neverending Disney/ABC/ESPN Giguere hype ticked us off the whole series regardless.

I don't know why people are so interested in sticking up for Philly fans anyway, because they happened to not be sub-human last night? Big deal, they had one of the best runs by a team ever, there was no way even they weren't going to be slightly magnanimous in the end.

Well there were two other differences...one that Giguere won it on the losing team (after a mediocre finals), Toews got it on the winning team. Plus the neverending Disney/ABC/ESPN Giguere hype ticked us off the whole series regardless.

I don't know why people are so interested in sticking up for Philly fans anyway, because they happened to not be sub-human last night? Big deal, they had one of the best runs by a team ever, there was no way even they weren't going to be slightly magnanimous in the end.

JS Giguere was booed loudly at the old Byrne in 2003 during the Conn Symthe presentation. The boos only died down after the crowd began to chant "MARTY'S BETTER!" I remember that game like it was yesterday.

The fans booed because even though Giguere had an amazing run to get to the Finals, Marty had a Finals performance for the ages. 3 shutouts including a Game 7 blanking. There is nothing like a Game 7 and to have Marty shut Anaheim out to win the Dev's third Cup, truly remarkable. Brodeur also suffered as the Conn Symthe votes were split between several Devils including Stevens, Niedermayer, Friesen, etc.

Philly fans are the worst in sports. Always have been, always will be. Hence the term, Philthydelphia.