Draft Position Watch Thread

Triumph

I think it had something to do (theoretically) with a first rounder in 2012 being worth more than one in 2014 even if it was a higher pick just becasue you have the asset longer. Not defending it, but I think that's what it was. And I heard the draft next year isn't good but I'm not exactly qualified to answer that

it was stupid move...shouldnt have chanced it and what if we're a bottom ten or worse next year

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo winning today, that'll kick us to 9th, but pretty tenuous with two games in hand and games coming up against the Flyers and Panthers.   Nashville will tie us with a win today, but again, two games in hand.   That, and they probably won't win.

Edited by maxpower

Buffalo winning today, that'll kick us to 9th, but pretty tenuous with two games in hand and games coming up against the Flyers and Panthers.   Nashville will tie us with a win today, but again, two games in hand.   That, and they probably won't win.

BELIEVE IN FILIP FORSBERG 

Oh I see. That's new from this year? How do they do the lottery? I assume the worst team still has the best odds of drafting first.. Anyone know the specifics of the odds? I guess this is probably info available on some nhl website.. :o

here's the breakdown

Team 1 –  25.0%

Team 2 — 18.8%

Team 3 — 14.2%

Team 4 — 10.7%

Team 5 — 8.1%

Team 6 — 6.2%

Team 7 — 4.7%

Team 8 — 3.6%

Team 9 — 2.7%

Team 10 — 2.1%

Team 11 — 1.5%

Team 12 — 1.1%

Team 13 — 0.8%

Team 14 — 0.5%

The Flyers win tonight bumped us to 8th.  Any Oilers points will send us to 7th.   But Minny just scored to make it 2-1.

Tampa is also heading to the SO, if they win, they go to 39 points.   So, who knows.

Edited by maxpower

Yeah, you know Matteau is pretty insignificant, since he's a 29th overall..... :doh1:

In all fairness im not sure what to think of Matteau... I know he'll be a good role player for the team probably... In a way he couldnt get a spot on a stacked u18 team... But got a spot as an 18 years old on an NHL team with bad depth... He's projected to be a 3rd line winger and will likely always have to live with the fact we picked him when we should have forfeit the pick so if hes not doing enough, we'll hear about how a bad decision it was... All depending on what pick we'll have to give up next season

In all fairness im not sure what to think of Matteau... I know he'll be a good role player for the team probably... In a way he couldnt get a spot on a stacked u18 team... But got a spot as an 18 years old on an NHL team with bad depth... He's projected to be a 3rd line winger and will likely always have to live with the fact we picked him when we should have forfeit the pick so if hes not doing enough, we'll hear about how a bad decision it was... All depending on what pick we'll have to give up next season

Wasn't there also that rumor that they only kept the pick because they wanted one of the goaltenders in the first round (I believe Vasilevski/Subban)?

Wasn't there also that rumor that they only kept the pick because they wanted one of the goaltenders in the first round (I believe Vasilevski/Subban)?

i don't think that's true info like that would have never leaked from Lou or the organization.

i also hope to god its not true cause then it would mean that the organization doesnt firmly believe in Kinkaid /Wedgewood... which we may have had a liiiittle indication when Deboer simply refused to give Kinkaid a shot even though the whole world thought he should have got at least one start. He's the same age as Markstrom and Florida is willing and confident in him giving him quite a few starts when some vet we're down and even when they we're healthy

Edited by SterioDesign

Yeah, you know Matteau is pretty insignificant, since he's a 29th overall..... :doh1:

I'd say it's way too early to tell one way or the other about him, but he surely didn't show anything during his brief stint here that screams "first line forward". He probably projects to a 2nd-3rd line power forward type, similar to Zubrus.

It's a pick I wouldn't have been upset forfeiting.

I'd say it's way too early to tell one way or the other about him, but he surely didn't show anything during his brief stint here that screams "first line forward". He probably projects to a 2nd-3rd line power forward type, similar to Zubrus.

It's a pick I wouldn't have been upset forfeiting.

He's also only 18, so it's early to be making any final decisions. The team will need a zubrus type in the future.

That being said, I'd rather have forfeited last year than this or next year.

Updated After Sunday's Games

1. Florida - 32 Pts 3 GR 10 ROW (25.0%)
2. Colorado - 37 Pts 3 GR 14 ROW (18.8%)
3. Tampa Bay - 38 Pts 3 GR 16 ROW (14.2%)
4. Nashville - 39 Pts 3 GR 13 ROW (10.7%)
5. Carolina - 39 Pts 3 GR 18 ROW (8.1%)
6. Edmonton - 41 Pts 4 GR 15 ROW (6.2%)
7. Calgary - 42 Pts 3 GR 19 ROW (4.7%)
8. Philadelphia - 43 Pts 3 GR 19 ROW (3.6%)
9. Buffalo - 44 Pts 3 GR 13 ROW (2.7%)
10. New Jersey - 44 Pts 3 GR 15 ROW (2.1%)
11. Phoenix - 46 Pts 4 GR 15 ROW (1.5%)
12. Dallas - 47 Pts 4 GR 20 ROW (1.1%)
13. Detroit - 48 Pts 4 GR 18 ROW (0.8%)
14. Winnipeg - 49 Pts 3 GR 21 ROW (0.5%)

Games of Interest on Monday
Winnipeg vs. Buffalo
Phoenix vs. Detroit
Edmonton vs. Anaheim

Updated After Sunday's Games

1. Florida - 32 Pts 3 GR 10 ROW (25.0%)

2. Colorado - 37 Pts 3 GR 14 ROW (18.8%)

3. Tampa Bay - 38 Pts 3 GR 16 ROW (14.2%)

4. Nashville - 39 Pts 3 GR 13 ROW (10.7%)

5. Carolina - 39 Pts 3 GR 18 ROW (8.1%)

6. Edmonton - 41 Pts 4 GR 15 ROW (6.2%)

7. Calgary - 42 Pts 3 GR 19 ROW (4.7%)

8. Philadelphia - 43 Pts 3 GR 19 ROW (3.6%)

9. Buffalo - 44 Pts 3 GR 13 ROW (2.7%)

10. New Jersey - 44 Pts 3 GR 15 ROW (2.1%)

11. Phoenix - 46 Pts 4 GR 15 ROW (1.5%)

12. Dallas - 47 Pts 4 GR 20 ROW (1.1%)

13. Detroit - 48 Pts 4 GR 18 ROW (0.8%)

14. Winnipeg - 49 Pts 3 GR 21 ROW (0.5%)

Games of Interest on Monday

Winnipeg vs. Buffalo

Phoenix vs. Detroit

Edmonton vs. Anaheim

Unless NJ goes on a tear and Phoenix totally chokes, we're gonna have a top ten pick. Hopefully Buffalo and Philly overtake us

With the remaining schedule we have, it's certainly not out of the question that Buffalo and Philly could overtake us.  We're probably going to end up with the 8-10 range.  I don't see Calgary dropping below us.