I believe in our boys until we are mathematically eliminated

Renato Rodrigues

I've never seen someone fight so vehemently to prove something they don't believe in.

That's why people get on MB for playing devils' advocate making both sides of an argument, being a attention/post hog and stuff like that.  Either it's doable or it's not.  Don't constantly argue with everyone how it is doable if you yourself know better that it ain't happening.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I've never seen someone fight so vehemently to prove something they don't believe in.

I'm not saying we will make the playoffs, nor am I saying we won't make the playoffs.

Quote of the season. 

Nope.  I'm not saying either way what's gonna happen.

That's why people get on MB for playing devils' advocate making both sides of an argument, being a attention/post hog and stuff like that.  Either it's doable or it's not.  Don't constantly argue with everyone how it is doable if you yourself know better that it ain't happening.

I actually don't know if it's gonna happen hence why I'm debating this.

If I play the lotto, sure there is a chance I could win it. Am I though? Nope.

Same thing here. The Devils making the playoffs now would be like winning the lottery. This team has done nothing to show they are capable of doing anything of the sort.

Seasons over.

Except the Devils have far greater odds at making the playoffs than you do at winning the lottery.

I'm not saying we will make the playoffs, nor am I saying we won't make the playoffs.

Nope.  I'm not saying either way what's gonna happen.

I actually don't know if it's gonna happen hence why I'm debating this.

Except the Devils have far greater odds at making the playoffs than you do at winning the lottery.

You've been saying the same things since they had chances in the 60% range. They have plummeted to 17% and you're still arguing for the sake of arguing. 

You heard it here first everyone. For the first time in the history of the NHL, the Devils will end the season in some sort of limbo. We're going to the NIT guys!

Edited by PWW

You've been saying the same things since they had chances in the 60% range. They have plummeted to 17% and you're still arguing for the sake of arguing. 

Except I'm actually not arguing for the sake of arguing.  When you have a forum where everybody agrees on a subject, it becomes stale.  I'm trying to add to the forum by bringing in another perspective.

You heard it here first everyone. For the first time in the history of the NHL, the Devils will end the season in some sort of limbo. We're going to the NIT guys!

:doh1: I never gave my opinion of whether or not we're gonna be in the playoffs.

Edited by Mike Brown

Limbo?!? Yay!

Except I'm actually not arguing for the sake of arguing.

:doh1: I never gave my opinion of whether or not we're gonna be in the playoffs.

Good. Because I don't disagree with you, but I disagree with you. 

It's like MB was secretly waiting for this thread and then EXPLODE! It's either that or well...he was starting to cut the 'doable' bullsh!t but he just WASN'T gonna be outdone by Renato Rodrigues in level of fandom and so here he is, showing us that he's the true number one fan.

You've been saying the same things since they had chances in the 60% range. They have plummeted to 17% and you're still arguing for the sake of posting

Fixed.

What, exactly are you saying then?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We have a shot at making the playoffs.  Nothing more, nothing less.

It's like MB was secretly waiting for this thread and then EXPLODE! It's either that or well...he was starting to cut the 'doable' bullsh!t but he just WASN'T gonna be outdone by Renato Rodrigues in level of fandom and so here he is, showing us that he's the true number one fan.

Fixed.

I'm doing no such thing.

uh ok so apparently mike brown is not the only person who does drugs here.... give it up my god.

It's not unrealistic to say we can make the playoffs.

MB has managed to post 11 times on 2 pages. Well done, I don't think I've seen that one before.

Bottom line when people try so hard to not sound like a homer that they always play the "doom and gloom" card, they're not being very realistic.  It's called being the anti homer.

It's still a realistic possibility for this team to make the playoffs.

It's hardly worth saying, but it simply is not our year this year. The offense has not produced, and the defense is still years away from reaching its potential.

Also, there has not been a stretch this year where the team has won consistently. There's no reason to believe that they would magically go on a hot streak, just because they're "due." Buffalo is probably due for a hot streak, too in that case.

I've already accepted it. The Devils will almost definitely not be in the playoffs this year. I'll still support them, and still watch their remaining games, but now it's time to look ahead. Let's hope Lou can make some changes this offseason.

It's still a realistic possibility for this team to make the playoffs.

I'm not getting into a debate with you again, but no it's not.

It's something that could occur if the stars align, but it's not realistic to think there's any real chance of it happening.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118

I'm not getting into a debate with you again, but no it's not. It's something that could occur if the stars align, but it's not realistic to think there's any real chance of it happening. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You're thinking of likely vs unlikely.  I'm thinking realistic vs unrealistic.  Something that is unlikely of happening can still be realistic.  To say we don't have a realistic possibility of making the playoffs is completely wrong.  What you mean to say is that it's unlikely we'll make the playoffs which is fine.

You're thinking of likely vs unlikely. I'm thinking realistic vs unrealistic. Something that is unlikely of happening can still be realistic. To say we don't have a realistic possibility of making the playoffs is completely wrong. What you mean to say is that it's unlikely we'll make the playoffs which is fine.

No, you've confused possible and impossible. It is possible to make the playoffs. It is not realistic.

If Pete actually plays his best lineup and actually keeps the line combinations in tact, then it wouldn't be such a problem!  But no!  He has to constantly fvck up any kind of chemistry the team has by fvcking up the lines!

He hasn't done that for 95percent of the season. At a certain point your optimism is just plain ignorance. This team isn't going on a run.

No, you've confused possible and impossible. It is possible to make the playoffs. It is not realistic.

Don't bite on the semantics lure.  

He hasn't done that for 95percent of the season. At a certain point your optimism is just plain ignorance. This team isn't going on a run.

I'm not being optimistic.  For the love of god.  I have never said we're gonna go on a run.  I never said we were gonna make the playoffs.  What I am saying is that it's still possible.